Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Best puzzle sequence in an LEC adventure

Page: 1 of 1
 gorbie
01-22-2002, 4:07 PM
What's your favorite puzzle sequence in any of the LEC adventure games?

Mine is in DOTT, when you have to switch Dr. Fred with Dead Uncle Ted. The whole sequence is fun in a silly, cartoony sense that I get a giddy enjoyment whenever I get to that.
 MrManager
01-22-2002, 4:17 PM
The whole Mystes of Tyme puzzle sequence in EMI is great. I love how the whole thing works together, especially when you meet yourself. Good stuff.

Also, just about anything in DOTT.
 elTee
01-22-2002, 4:25 PM
Thats a toughie...
Yours is on my list, gorbie.
I did love it in Grim Fandango when you had to make that thing that went really fast on the no. 9 track, to revive Glottis. But that aint my fave...
I think its when, in MI 2, you have to make that voodoo doll of Largo. I laughed so much throughout the whole setup - his bra, the dead grandfather, the toupe - and, of course, the beard.
 BooJaka14m
01-22-2002, 4:27 PM
Hmm... I liked it in Full Throttle when you had to kick that wall. I just found it really funny.
 xkeys
01-22-2002, 4:33 PM
Originally posted by remio
The whole Mystes of Tyme puzzle sequence in EMI is great. I love how the whole thing works together, especially when you meet yourself. Good stuff.

I agree. But that was one of the very few things I really enjoyed in EMI. Whoops, better not go down that road because I'm not wearing my asbestos suit... :)
 Trapezoid
01-22-2002, 8:46 PM
If you feel so inclined to remind us all that you disliked EMI everytime the subject comes up don't even bother taking off that asbestos suit, xkeys.:rolleyes:
 Crocodilic
01-23-2002, 5:44 AM
Grim Fandango... All of it, its the best sequence of puzzles ever. and also the monkey wrench - or Spanner in the UK so that was obviously meant to be used on the waterfall, in MI2
 xkeys
01-23-2002, 6:48 AM
Originally posted by Trapezoid
If you feel so inclined to remind us all that you disliked EMI everytime the subject comes up don't even bother taking off that asbestos suit, xkeys.:rolleyes:

Hmm.. you know me from somewhere earlier? Anyway, cheer up, I was just teasing. :)
 Lemon Head
01-23-2002, 7:06 AM
i loved the switch-Dead-Cousin-Ted-with-Dr-Fred-to-fool-the-IRS sequence in DOTT. i just found that so hilarious with this corpse flying in and out of windows and dr.fred just prone and twisted.

i'm sure there are others from DOTT i love but that one came off the top of my head.
 QueZTone
01-23-2002, 11:47 AM
Aye, Dead Cousin Ted was one of the best :D Was so funny when he gave the okie-dokie sign with his hand to the IRS f00lie =]

anyway i liked the recipe in MI1 to get to Monkey Island too. I always found it the best part around the age of 11 or so, i always liked barging around 'my own' ship :) Being captain and all ;)
 jordie3
02-05-2002, 8:47 PM
Whenever I think "Lucasarts Puzzle Sequence," I think of The Dig. Goddamn puzzles, impossible to do...

I'm still ticked about those colored lights to get the power going, and it's been how many years now?

:c3po:
 ZoBlitz
02-06-2002, 1:34 AM
I have to say the whole castle scene in Indy3. The ability to talk your way out of all fights is very clever. Very good game, underrated by alot of people.

Hah first post went without a hitch and I didn't even get into the EMI debate :).
 elTee
02-06-2002, 4:15 AM
Just cos no-one has played it doesn't mean its under-rated. I'd say 'forgotton classic'
 ZoBlitz
02-06-2002, 4:43 AM
Still a shame. I'm surprised Lucasarts never released a Indy games pack. You could even throw in the desktop adventures.
Page: 1 of 1