Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

LEC's Announcements...

Page: 1 of 1
 Metallus
01-21-2002, 12:07 AM
So, I'm curious as to what all of you are predicting for the announcements that LucasArts is "poised" to make this week. Now, I really doubt that we'll see a GF2 (at least this time around), but there might be a new adventure in the works over at LEC.

I mean, their big announcements last year have been cause for dismay in the adventure community, since they went against Simon Jeffery's 50-50 plan that he described in an official chat event. However, now that there have been a swarm of Star Wars games hitting the shelves, I (and I doubt that I'm alone on this) think that it's our turn for some news. As reported awhile back, LucasArts has two original games in development. They didn't say specifically adventure games, but it can be assumed that they were most likely talking about one, anyway (it's been awhile since they've made 2 in the same year...sheesh).

Anyway, I'm pretty excited about these announcements, since it's been the first time anything non-SW (and non-EMI port to PS2) has been mentioned in an insider. What are your predictions for the next titles coming our way?

Personally, I'd like to see a non-sequel adventure. Of course, it would be the first time since 1998 that there has been a truly original game put out by LEC--the most recent being Grim Fandango, doncha know. With most of the old-school LucasArts gurus off in their own companies now, I'd like to see these new guys tackle something that hasn't been covered already. Many were angry about EMI; I enjoyed the game (really!) but I could tell that without many of the original people left to work on it, LEC faced an impossible goal of making a flawless sequel. I'd rather the newcomers make something they could call their own, to win back these fickle fans.

Now that I've talked myself into a hole in the ground, what do YOU think? :D
 MtBlanc
01-21-2002, 12:59 AM
Yes. I am interested too.

However, I seem to be kind of pessimistic about this announcement. With Ep. II on the way, this could be just an announcement of many new Star Wars games. (Uggh.)

I'd like to see a new project from LEC, because with EMI, we've seen that when new people try to tackle an established product, it doesn't always work out too well.

Personally, I'd like to hear the first official announcement of "Slug-Shooter". Premise: Shoot Randy Sluganoski. Conclusion: fun.
 Tall Guy
01-21-2002, 4:19 AM
Like you met i would like to see an original game for a change. Any game is sure to impress me. GF2 is unlikely but that would just make my day....well life
 Sanspoof3k
01-21-2002, 2:22 PM
I agree, something original would be good, and a GF2 even better. But though i hate to say this, I have my doubts as to whether the new games will be quite as good as the ones we've seen in the past. I too enjoyed EMI but looking back the game is fairly flavourless compared to the others.
 Tall Guy
01-22-2002, 6:36 AM
with all the old members of LEC gone we have yet to see whether or not the new crew can pull off another as good. I hope so
Page: 1 of 1