Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New (Lucas?)TONES

Page: 1 of 1
 elTee
01-20-2002, 3:20 PM
Ok, the new site.
Forget the layout for now, its the content thats important. I have already completed a few new tones (2 from Loom, 5+from MI series, Maniac theme, 2 from Sam n Max, a new dott one) but I want to know; should I make tones from other games too? I mean, I could do the sierra ones easy enough as most of em are internal speaker anyways, but I could do more adventure games as well. This could be Simon the Sorcerer, Broken Sword, Flight of the Amazon Queen... Is this a good idea? Suggest some themes I could do. I only wanna do adventure game music tho, no Metal Gear Solid or Half life, please.
 Schmatz
01-20-2002, 3:32 PM
GOLDENEY.... nevermind :rolleyes: I think doing other tones would be cool, but maybe put them in the 'Non-LucasTones' Area or something heh. I think you should go for it.
 elTee
01-20-2002, 3:35 PM
I probably will do it in one big section called 'other games' or similar, if I do it. Cheers for the POV.
 Schmatz
01-20-2002, 3:38 PM
cool...

POV....?
 elTee
01-20-2002, 3:42 PM
(Snooty 19th century English Accent) Oh, it means Point of View. (Cut accent)
Do you see 'the weakest link'? Well, that dame used to present a TV show in the UK called points of view, where people complained about BBC programmes "Its too violent" / "Too much sex" / "Boring" etc etc ad infinitum. Then she made up the weakest link; the rest is history. The email address for Points of View tho, was (and still is) pov@bbc.co.uk - thats where I got POV from. Soz, I thought it was a proper thing like AWOL. Guess not.
 Schmatz
01-20-2002, 3:44 PM
Whatever you say I don't like in the UK so I would have not a damn clue.
 elTee
01-20-2002, 3:47 PM
Yah I know, but the weakest link is in the USA now
 Lemon Head
01-21-2002, 9:59 AM
Originally posted by LucasTones
Yah I know, but the weakest link is in the USA now Oh god, those poor innocent Americans.
 Prinity
01-21-2002, 10:28 AM
Only we don't get the evil Weakest Link woman, we get some guy who tries so hard to be intelligently snarky and fails so miserably. I've only watched it once, and that was because my cousin's stepmother was on.
 elTee
01-21-2002, 10:31 AM
I tried to get on but they said you must be 18 or over so I was mad.
 Lemon Head
01-21-2002, 12:16 PM
you mean... you wanted to be on that piece of crap? hehe you sure are masochistic. :barf:
 Gabez
01-21-2002, 2:31 PM
Hmmm... You talkin' 'bout that Anne Robbinson fella? She didn't used to present Points Of View! That was WATCH-DOG! Honestly.
 Lemon Head
01-21-2002, 5:07 PM
Originally posted by Gabez
Hmmm... You talkin' 'bout that Anne Robbinson fella? She didn't used to present Points Of View! That was WATCH-DOG! Honestly. I think she did both, to be honest.
 Huz
01-21-2002, 5:33 PM
"Hah! Anne Robinson! Watchdog! I'm the one WATCHING a bloody DOG!" - Jim Royle

And if you didn't like Annie's "style" on Watchdog, you should try watching her replacement, Nicky Campbell. Now he would make a mean quiz show host...

And yes, she did present Points of View first. Crazy Americans won't know where the wink at the end of Weakest Link originated from. Well, now you do.
 Huz
01-22-2002, 6:59 AM
Great! I can correct myself before somebody else does it!

"Huz you idiot! Nicky Campbell used to present Wheel of Fortune! How much more of "quiz show host" do you want him to be?! He's BEEN THERE, done THAT, and he wasn't particularly mean about it, either!"

Yes.
 elTee
01-22-2002, 8:04 AM
Christ almighty...
 Jake
01-23-2002, 3:11 AM
The preview MP3's give 404's (at least the LeChuck theme one did) and I can't find the operator logos, and there is only one song for Sam & Max.
 JackTheGaffer
01-23-2002, 3:20 AM
open the lechuck one in a new window, you have to corect one part of the url
 Crocodilic
01-23-2002, 5:58 AM
They are so kick arse! It almost makes me want to go out and by a Nokia
 Navhead
01-23-2002, 10:09 AM
Make a Simon the Sorcerer one. :)

I don't have a mobile but my brother does, so he now has MI and Indy ringtones. ;)
 elTee
01-23-2002, 3:13 PM
Ok ok ok! The reason I am making a new site is that the old one is full of bugs - none of the links work etc. Therefore, I am not fixing the existing one. I did the previews as MP3 cos that way you hear what it sounds like, not a MIDI of what it sounds like. If you wanna see the operator logos, you can see all of the old ones (the new ones will be, you guessed it, on the new site) on the 'LucasTones on WAP' page. Run the generator, and then you can see all the logos.
 elTee
01-23-2002, 3:23 PM
Logos now have a temporary page from which you can observe them:
http://www.geocities.com/lucastones/oplog.htm)
Page: 1 of 1