Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Sigs for 2002, you got any?

Page: 1 of 1
 Riffage
01-19-2002, 8:22 PM
i have.. and I can see one annoyed skyfox, tee :D
 Skyfox
01-19-2002, 9:21 PM
You git!! hehehe

Well, anyone old enough to remember The Mary Whitehouse experiance will know I nicked that line! ;p
 QueZTone
01-20-2002, 8:15 AM
LOL Sky!

Oh no, this isn't one you can talk your way out of scouser! :p ;) :D
 Navhead
01-20-2002, 11:40 AM
Made me chuckle loudly. ;)
 elTee
01-20-2002, 2:31 PM
I dunno how this comes off, but I was trying to get the impression that manny wanted to take you to my site. I made a new avatar too.
 Schmatz
01-20-2002, 2:56 PM
I made one for my new site
 elTee
01-20-2002, 3:15 PM
Looking at skyfoxes avatar...
Which version of Monkey Island was that dog in? I have the original floppy disk version, the re-release floppy version, and the Bounty Pack CD version. I've never seen the damn thing. I assume its the dog in the SCUMM Bar? I remember it's on the box of the white label re-release which had MI1 and 2 in, but I never played that version. HELP!
 Schmatz
01-20-2002, 3:35 PM
It's the dog in the SCUMM bar in the first one. I think he's Scruffy and he's like right next to the curtain. At least I suppose that's what dog it is... doesn't look much like him though.
 elTee
01-20-2002, 3:38 PM
I've spoken to that damn dog, but I never get the zoomed in view, like I do with Mancomb Seepgood etc.
 Schmatz
01-20-2002, 3:42 PM
There isn't lol... I think he made it. You never talk to the dog close up like Mancomb... at least I don't think so...
 elTee
01-20-2002, 3:45 PM
But he didn't make it! It was on the bloody box art!
 MrManager
01-20-2002, 4:33 PM
I seem to remember that there's a combination of Look At and Talk To that'll let you get the close-up of the dog. I don't quite remember, but I've done it before at least.
 QueZTone
01-20-2002, 4:59 PM
The dog's named Spiffy by the way and yeah like Remi I have also seen the dog close up in-game once. But recently it's never worked anymore. Don't know in which version of MI i saw the dog close up either...could be the white lable one..

adios =]
 elTee
01-21-2002, 11:30 AM
Hmmm. A strange Easter egg? I think not. I guess it was obvious at the time... It was pretty obvious, at least, that they were gonna do every character in good zoomed in view, then decided that it would take them too long. I mean, you see half of the SCUMM bar characters in the good view, who you only speak to once. The only others are Carla, Elaine and Smirk (I think.) Why not LeChuck or Stan or Otis or the Cannibals or HERMAN? There was also a lot more effort in some of the cutscenes, now I think about it - I mean, the parrot cutscene still looks fantastic, but when you kill LeChuck? No close up super views, just a fiew camera angles. Don't get me wrong, that was cool, but I think that it is obvious they changed thier minds half way through, and decided to leave what they'd already done in the game. Cos I mean, why destroy it? I'm not complaining here, by the way, so don't go mad or anything. Maybe they did it so if you played the demo you'd think the whole game would be like that. Who knows, maybe the whole game would've been like that if they hadn't been given a deadline. Makes you wonder...
If only CD's had been around 5 years earlier, then MI2 would have been about 10 scenes bigger too. Just 'cos it needed to go on 6 floppies, half the game was cut out. What might have been, what might have been... I mean, look what they did with just 6 floppies!
 Lemon Head
01-21-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by LucasTones
what might have been... I mean, look what they did with just 6 floppies! In the case of Liesure Suit Larry 4, they lost them.
 Huz
01-21-2002, 1:33 PM
I mean, look what they did with just 6 floppies!
And in the case of the Amiga version (bet you didn't see this post coming), they almost doubled the number to 11 and made you swap them a lot.

But it just made that 80MB hard disk all the more sweet. (Muah.)
 Crocodilic
01-21-2002, 1:45 PM
I would think of something very witty to say, but instead i think ill try and be the 1st person to say on this forum:

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!

4|| Ґшь® ЯЄ§л е®и Яў|рµg №є ы§

Joy
 Skyfox
01-21-2002, 4:03 PM
Originally posted by remio
I seem to remember that there's a combination of Look At and Talk To that'll let you get the close-up of the dog. I don't quite remember, but I've done it before at least.

Woah really?? it's scanned from the original box back, and I thought it was left out of the game. I have never seen it actually IN game. A mug o'grog to the first person who can prove it's in the actual game!
 Lemon Head
01-21-2002, 7:45 PM
Question: How bored am I?

Answer: Enough to make me play the scumm bar scene over and over at 00:10 so as to use every combination i could think of on that dog, and then to go through the data file of monkey island and check every backdrop it had to see if i could find the dog...it wasn't there.

boy am i a sucker, can i still have a mug of grog for the effort?
 Schmatz
01-21-2002, 10:13 PM
It may have been in the really really old version, but I have the new Monkey Island Mania CD that came with the CMI Lucasarts Archive, and I can't find it anywhere in the SCUMM files.
 MrManager
01-21-2002, 10:24 PM
The more I think of it, it could be that it was something I got on the Amiga version... I know I'm not going crazy and that it's actually possible to do it at least.
 Huz
01-22-2002, 6:57 AM
I'm thinking the same, Remi - I've seen it! I'm not mad! :)

I had a glance at my one and only PC version of SOMI, but couldn't find any way to get the dog on-screen.

It definitely wasn't on the Amiga version. That just did the same as the PC version, ie. you talk to the dog from the standard SCUMM Bar view.

It wasn't in the Passport to Adventure demo version of SOMI, was it? (Update: No.)
 Lemon Head
01-22-2002, 8:06 AM
Does anyone know where that damn dog/close-up is?
 elTee
01-22-2002, 8:14 AM
I have the original original original pc version. I'll go n check. I'll let u all know tonight. I've always wondered about that damn dog...
Re. LSL4 - Al Lowe said there was no LSL 4 cos after LSL 3 he said there would never be a LSLS 4. But he changed his mind, then kept his word neway. So LSL5 is LSL 4.
 QueZTone
01-22-2002, 9:37 AM
its not specifically in the Amigo because ive seen it as said before and i don't have an Amiga. It's kinda tough cause in total i have like 3 versions of SoMI and one other version which i unfortunatly don't have anymore..

So there's...

and old pirate copy i have
the original MI1 disks version
White Label MI1
MI1 VGA CD
Bounty Pack MI

so..hmm...its been a while and i just recently got the Bounty Pack so i didnt see it there. It wasn't the MI1 VGA CD either...

It wasn't the original MI1 disks version either where i saw it on cause i just got that one for a year now

So the pirate copy is left and the White Label version which i don't have anymore.. damn.. I think it was on the white label version, yeah i certainly think so..

if i'd still have the white label cd i would check..
 Lemon Head
01-22-2002, 9:47 AM
Re. LSL4 - Al Lowe said there was no LSL 4 cos after LSL 3 he said there would never be a LSLS 4. But he changed his mind, then kept his word neway. So LSL5 is LSL 4. I'll take your word for that, but he also wrote in an LSL book that there was a LSL4 but the data files were lost.

Also Quez, i checked the white label version and it certainly ain't there.
 Crocodilic
01-23-2002, 5:53 AM
The graphics are from the 2nd version of SMI with 256 colours, and it isnt on the Monkey Island Bounty Pack triple CD. I might be on the Whitelabel version, but I doubt that. Amiga version is probable, someone find a emulation of it and try it on that.
 Navhead
01-23-2002, 10:24 AM
I tried the White Label version too, but in vain.

Anyone thought of asking LucasArts?
 Huz
01-23-2002, 12:23 PM
This is annoying me now.

My money is on the standalone MI1 demo (not Passport to Adventure). Unfortunately, I can't find anywhere to download it and check. Anyone... have... it...? (mi_demo2.zip)

Also, read my words: it definitely isn't on the Amiga version.
 Crocodilic
01-23-2002, 1:58 PM
Ive had both demos and it isnt on them. :( Ill go look for the demo for you Huz! :bdroid1:
 QueZTone
01-23-2002, 2:27 PM
hmm know whats strange...

the dog in the close up pic we see at sky's avatar, on the back of the white label box and jewelcases doesn't have a bone in his mouth. The dog from the normal view does...

Now I realised this I actually think I remember him putting the bone down in the normal view before it switched to close up view. I could be wrong, just imaging things. Remembering them as I want to remember them...
 elTee
01-23-2002, 2:52 PM
Its not on the original one.
Unless (and I do remember this, but its not 100%) you can interact with the dog later on - the meat or the flowers maybe? Then he'd drop the bone. Is the stand alon demo the one where theres a pirate called 1 eyed Frank and he says 'sure, we're taking a risk on Guybrush'? I have that one. I'll check when I'm on my other PC.
Sod it, I'm going to e-mail LucasArts...
 elTee
01-23-2002, 2:58 PM
Ok, I just played the demo (Not the adventure pack) and the dog isn't even in the demo. Or if he is, he aint in the Scumm Bar.
 elTee
01-23-2002, 3:29 PM
I 'ask[ed] the team' at LucasArts.com this:

'This is a bit off the wall, but its been driving a load of us mad. Could you check this debate out and maybe solve it for us?

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30925)

Its the bit at the bottom, between myself and others, regarding the dog in skyfox's avatar, from Secret of MI.'

They won't do anything, I know, but is there an e-mail address anyone knows about we could use? I know that Spaff knows Tim Schafer - he could ask him next time he's... (swallows jealously) at his house.
 elTee
01-23-2002, 3:34 PM
Ok, damn. It only allows 200 characters, and I had 300, give or take. It was shortened to:

'This has been driving us mad: check this debate out & maybe solve it for us?
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30925)
Its the bit @ the bottom re the dog in the avatar, from MI1'

Ok?
 QueZTone
01-24-2002, 4:17 AM
hmm

below that article on the yahoo site was an email addy: tsarris@lucasarts.com ok i don't know who are what his function is but its worth a try...

other emails are:

webjedi@lucasarts.com - webmaster
store@lucasarts.com - online company store
emilyd@lucasarts.com - online company store assistant

check 'em out LucasT :)
 Crocodilic
01-24-2002, 9:31 AM
Why didnt you just ask: where the heck is the close picture of the Dog Spiff in MI from. its on the white label box but not in the game? that didnt take 300 letters did it :P
 Lemon Head
01-24-2002, 9:32 AM
That would be too easy, we're adventure gamers and that means always taking the longest route round to the solution
 Crocodilic
01-24-2002, 9:38 AM
Has anyone looked on Scummrev for it yet? i cant be arsed cos its too much effort to put the CD in and go thru every single thingy looking for Spiffy.
 Lemon Head
01-24-2002, 10:00 AM
Yes, i've looked through the white label cd and it aint there, someone also said it wasn't on the amiga version, and apparently Spiffy isn't even in the demo so i guess that leaves the original.
 Navhead
01-24-2002, 3:14 PM
Originally posted by Huz
This is annoying me now.

My money is on the standalone MI1 demo (not Passport to Adventure). Unfortunately, I can't find anywhere to download it and check. Anyone... have... it...? (mi_demo2.zip)

Also, read my words: it definitely isn't on the Amiga version.

http://www.mojodownloads.com/php/download.php?file=162940&now=1)

Only if mojodownloads was up...

However, I downloaded two other demos, and shall try them out now.

Edit: hmph, the other demo I downloaded was the passport to adventure one, and the other doesn't work.
You can try the one that doesn't work though. (http://home.dal.net/navhead/mi1demo.zip)
 elTee
01-24-2002, 4:56 PM
Look, I played both demo's, the original release of the game, the re-release of the game, and the CD version. the Dog isn't in the stand alone demo, and you can't get the close up on any of the other versions I've listed. I looked in Scumm Rev, and no joy.
 QueZTone
01-25-2002, 8:32 AM
look.. Remi, Huz and I are not crazy! :D :p
 MrManager
01-25-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by QueZTone
look.. Remi, Huz and I are not crazy! :D :p

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say that, but we DID see the damn dog!
 QueZTone
01-25-2002, 1:18 PM
indeed :)
 elTee
01-25-2002, 5:56 PM
This is absolutely ridiculous... I'm going out of my mind - I spent 25 minutes before trying every bloody thing imaginable trying to get the damn thing to do something other than "Grrrrrr."
 QueZTone
01-25-2002, 6:04 PM
heheh i spent some time with the Spiffy project too, can't get it..

i don't dream about cartoon drawn dogs in my head you know....it must be in there......somewhere...at some point..
 Trapezoid
01-25-2002, 7:41 PM
Maybe the Sega CD version?
Heh, probably not.

Mobygames.com doesn't even have the back cover art for MI1. They have a TON of coverart. Why only the front US cover for MI?
Page: 1 of 1