Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

DOTT problems

Page: 1 of 1
 elTee
01-17-2002, 5:07 PM
Does anyone know how to help me fix this:
Whenever I try to play DOTT the sound won't work. I have Win95, both CD and floppy versions of the game. The sound effects work, but it wont play the music without distorting it, then exploding into static noise. I had the same problem with MI2, but that was solved when I used the floppy disk version instead of the CD. My sound card works with all my games except DOTT and Indy: FOA - why? I wanna know. Can you help?
 JackTheGaffer
01-17-2002, 10:04 PM
i had a problem just like this, for dott i have to use the exe that is located in a folder, it may be tentacle.exe. for indy i cant remember what i did. sorry.
 Lemon Head
01-18-2002, 3:47 AM
if you haven't done so already, then try the patches
 elTee
01-18-2002, 4:01 AM
Pathches! Good idea. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks!
 QueZTone
01-18-2002, 7:43 AM
Tried using a bootdisk?
 elTee
01-18-2002, 2:45 PM
No, I never liked bootdisks. This patch says it does the trick on the site, I'm gonna try it when I get on my computer. I gues my cruddy PC was 'high-end' in 1993.
 Gabez
01-19-2002, 7:00 AM
Hmmm, I was wondering if anyone could help ME with something. Firstly, DOTT crashes as soon as I open it. Would it help if I ran it in DOS? Secondly, I can't get the sound to work in FOA. The problem, I think, is all this IRQ and Buffer thingies. I looked in my Control Pannel->System->Sound DEvice thingy but I can't find any thing which might tell me what "buffer" I have or what "dysdyusrf" I need. Bah.
 Metallus
01-19-2002, 11:23 AM
*skook* Moving this to the technical wizardry place...
Page: 1 of 1