Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Grrr!

Page: 1 of 1
 Metallus
01-16-2002, 3:32 PM
I can't believe this. My Hotmail account got over 200 messages from the same person at the same time with the same message. It was some spam about Home Loans. I'm really pissed. Luckily I was able to block the address since it was all from the same source. Has anyone else ever been spammed so royally?
 Tall Guy
01-16-2002, 6:42 PM
not like that! but im sick of getting loan spams and debt stuff....where the hell do they get my address from?! every form i fill in i check to see that the email aint gonna be passed on to third parties......indeed met....GRRRRRRRR!
 Metallus
01-16-2002, 7:03 PM
There are bots that scan pages for e-mail addresses. I think the next version of the GFN will not have a link to our e-mail addresses directly, but rather a form to fill out an e-mail message.

Seriously, there must have been a bug in it that made my address show up 250 times on their damn list. Oh well, they're blocked for now.
 MeddlingMonk
01-16-2002, 9:24 PM
What I'd like to know is how they profile people for which kind of spam. I mean, going by what I get, I must be a hermaphroditic debt-ridden entrepreneur retiree about to enter college. And it gets weirder from there.
 Schmatz
01-21-2002, 9:53 PM
I'm always getting stupid e-mails about 'free gifts' of like this piece of crap 'crystal' sculpture they claim to be like 75 bucks, but I can get it FREE with 5 bucks S&H and a survey.
 Yoha
01-22-2002, 2:59 AM
Originally posted by MeddlingMonk
What I'd like to know is how they profile people for which kind of spam. I mean, going by what I get, I must be a hermaphroditic debt-ridden entrepreneur retiree about to enter college. And it gets weirder from there.

I'm an advertising major and even I have absolutely no idea. I'm going to try and fix things when I get out there...

:rolleyes:
 Metallus
01-22-2002, 3:03 AM
Alright Yoha! Save our hotmail!

I actually wanted to go into advertising at a young age, perhaps I still will someday.
 Yoha
01-22-2002, 3:13 AM
lol, as if there WERE any help for Microsoft Hotmail...
I liked it in the old days before ms took over....

haha, at a young age? you're makin me feel old...

Well advertising is a great field as long as you know that you will be working your tail off and having no life for a very very long time. :p
 Metallus
01-22-2002, 3:15 AM
Originally posted by Yoha
Well advertising is a great field as long as you know that you will be working your tail off and having no life for a very very long time. :p

I'm wondering how that's different from now. Stupid college :(.

EDIT: This is the 1337th post. Or should I say, 1337est. No, no I shouldn't.
 Yoha
01-22-2002, 3:16 AM
Couldn't agree with you more!
 MeddlingMonk
01-22-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Yoha
Well advertising is a great field

...with plenty of fertilizer spread all over it.
 Yoha
01-22-2002, 11:35 AM
Hey, at least I'll be able to make more money than those poor little journalists out there... (i hope!) although I'm probably in the wrong place to be saying that, you guys are all probably going to be multi-millionaire computer programmers and animators :p
Page: 1 of 1