Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Serious problem: game won't run !

Page: 1 of 1
 Paragon_Leon
11-06-2001, 5:03 PM
Ok, i am constantly crashing the demo in both single- and multiplayer the moment the computer starts loading the actual in-game screen.

I re-installed the demo, DirectX8, the latest driver for my graphics-card (Diamond Stealth 3D 4000) and did a systems-check through the demo's installation-menu: it all passed..

but it consistently crashes, no matter what i try.
I have Windows 98. And thoughts on this, people ? As long as i can't get it to run, i can't play you people from my own spot, which is very, very, very annoying....
 darthfergie
11-06-2001, 6:23 PM
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon
Ok, i am constantly crashing the demo in both single- and multiplayer the moment the computer starts loading the actual in-game screen.

I re-installed the demo, DirectX8, the latest driver for my graphics-card (Diamond Stealth 3D 4000) and did a systems-check through the demo's installation-menu: it all passed..

but it consistently crashes, no matter what i try.
I have Windows 98. And thoughts on this, people ? As long as i can't get it to run, i can't play you people from my own spot, which is very, very, very annoying....

post your ram and hard drive and processor and how many mb your graphics card is and any other system spec. you think is important...
 krkode
11-06-2001, 6:34 PM
if none of darth fergies opinions work try checking your system resources by going to properties on my computer icon and going to the performance tab

the smaller the free resources the worse it is this could be your problem as i used to have the same problem with ra2 and this factor turned out to be the problem
 Lord JayVizIon
11-07-2001, 2:20 AM
krkode has a point leon. you may want to check that out. another thing too is that i know a few people who were unsuccessful in d/l the demo more than once. i don't know why, but an error script comes out specifying some problem. you may have d/l what's know as a "lemon" version of the demo.

anymore problems, let me know and i'll see what i can do to get you that demo...
 Kioet Csuhen
11-14-2001, 1:54 PM
i dloaded it from www.gamesdomain.com) they've got a ton of demos there. i haven't ever had that problem, except with Rebellion, i needed the newest direct x driver to watch the fleet battles, or else it crashed when i clicked it. hehe.
 puggy
11-19-2001, 9:03 AM
have u checked the basics m8 ?
latest drivers for your components DX8
does this happen to all games or just this one. wot is ur processor make? is it an atherlon if it is has it got suffcient cooling because this happened to me and i bought a bigger fan and i have been fine.
Page: 1 of 1