Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Philosophy

Page: 1 of 1
 StarEye
01-14-2002, 6:21 PM
This is my first post on a Grim Fandango forum, so please forgive me if this has been asked/mentioned before. But there are a couple of things that particularly poked my curiousity in GF.

1. Where do you go, once you've been "sprouted"? Aren't they already dead?

2. What happens in the Ninth Underworld. Not even Manny knew what would happen at "the end of the line".

3. Why the eighth and ninth underworld? Where are the seven others? Do they exist? In GF you went straight from the "land of the living" to the eighth underworld.

What do you guys think?
 MeddlingMonk
01-15-2002, 10:33 AM
1. There are two possibilities: Sprouting annihilates a soul; or the soul remains powerless in the Land of the Dead forever.

2. What happens is left a mystery. Salvador calls the Ninth Underworld 'heaven', and getting there quickly is supposed to be a reward. However, in Aztec mythology the soul ceases to exist once it completes its journey.

3. In Aztec mythology the universe consists of nine levels. It's basically the same as any other type of layered cosmos: the divine realm at the top, then stars and planets, then the mortal world, and the realm of death at the bottom.
 Tall Guy
01-15-2002, 6:47 PM
and there you have it....straight from the monks mouth.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 Metallus
01-15-2002, 6:50 PM
What would we do without him? Well put, 'Monk. :)
 MeddlingMonk
01-15-2002, 11:28 PM
What would you do? Probably throw a party. :smirk2:
 Tall Guy
01-16-2002, 4:17 AM
...damn, who told him?....it was fender wasn't it...wasn't it?:D
 MeddlingMonk
01-16-2002, 9:17 PM
A little bird (brain) told me. :evil5:
 SyntheticGerbil
01-27-2002, 6:59 AM
I think the skeletons stay alive even when they are dismembered or sprouted; making it an agonizing eternity.

But couldn't one just carry anothers body across the line?
Page: 1 of 1