Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Daniel's parting words...

Page: 1 of 1
 Darnn
01-14-2002, 9:14 AM
It seems he's banned. For hating homosexuals. I knew about this (as anyone who has read the 'about the author' section on his site did), and didn't like him the better for it, but so long as he kept his mouth shut, I wasn't going to say anything...

I hereby reproduce his email to me.

Thank you for your support Darnn. I know you're just a moderator of only the
one forum and can't have me unbanned, and if you can then please do so. Due
to my religion I was banned by thoes who beleive I did something to deserve
being banned, see http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=132)
for refrence.

I am sorry I've been forced to leave the forums, I know you'll not forget
me. Please tell everyone at the mojo board I wish the best for them in the
future, and that I'll never forget them. You could mention my email address
and that I have Messenger, my ICQ number 120383319 and tell them I'm still
floating around. One day I may return, but for now I will accept the unfair
punnishment I have been expecting. Tell them they have my support and that I
have theirs.

I wish you the best Darnn, you've always been a good member to the forums, I
know my mojo experience hasn't had me banned on this forum as was the old,
and I feel I was welcome there. Please tell me if I am welcome to return in
the future.

All the best Darnn,
-Daniel
 Chuzwuzza
01-14-2002, 8:31 PM
Wow, thats a bit extreme. I mean, I disagree with his viewpoint, but to ban him? that's just silly. By banning him, we are saying that we are narrow-minded too. We say that we are open-minded and accept everyone for who they are, but then go and ban someone for expressing their views?
hmmm..
 raVen_image
01-14-2002, 8:37 PM
It DOES appear as if the intolerance doorway swings BOTH ways, here.

I've read his posts. I find his thinking unfathomable, but he was only generally offensive. Some of his respondents were specifically offensive, attacking him "below the belt." It seemed to me that they deserved to be banned before him.

Or perhaps, there is more to the story...
 Lemon Head
01-16-2002, 8:21 AM
homophobia (for whatever reason, be it religion or morals) is considered unacceptable in the society we live in and therefore offensive. To keep those opinions to yourself is one thing, but to openly express them as being true on a public forum is quite another.

There were many reasons why mek was banned, that was just the last straw.
 Prinity
01-16-2002, 3:01 PM
You can't shut out someone just because they express opinions other than what's acceptable in society. Daniel is free to tell us we should all be christian or heterosexual or stick bananas in our ears or whatever, and we are free to ignore him. I mean, if he's harassing people or slandering people that's different, but I didn't see any of that in the thread. Of course, that's the only one I read, so I wouldn't really know what else he's done.

He's got a history of having really strange ideas, but that makes it all the more fun to argue with him.
 RemiO
01-16-2002, 3:09 PM
I partly agree, but this is a private board, and the owners decide what's acceptable and what's not. Much like Dal Net says: "IRC is a service - not a right." - the same goes for these boards.
 Metallus
01-16-2002, 3:15 PM
Well, he was already on the bad side of many of the Escapemi mods before he started preaching. He had previously posted information on those boards about getting security cracks for MI1 and 2 that he programmed.
 Prinity
01-16-2002, 3:56 PM
Originally posted by remio
I partly agree, but this is a private board, and the owners decide what's acceptable and what's not. Much like Dal Net says: "IRC is a service - not a right." - the same goes for these boards.

True. If he really wants to he can go make his own posting board.
 Lemon Head
01-17-2002, 7:23 AM
If i was to post a lot of racist comments about how black people were evil and should be killed then i would be banned like a shot. Direct homophobia is just as bad as direct racism and there's no excuse whatsoever for either.
 Fender
01-17-2002, 9:12 AM
Mek was like the Lupe of the Escapemi boards. Only I don't think Lupe claimed that he had talked to God (Thrid Hand information).
 Gabez
01-17-2002, 12:35 PM
Well. It was bound to happen sooner or later.
 Schmatz
01-17-2002, 11:30 PM
Yeah, SOMONE had to talk to God... I mean... yeah, about time he was banned :rolleyes:
Page: 1 of 1