Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I've been out of the loop for a while....

Page: 1 of 1
 ArielDisaster
01-13-2002, 2:36 PM
So whats up? I used to be a hardcore GF fan. I remember playing it atleast 5 times within the first couple years. There's just something about the game, the atmosphere it presents (yeah, i'm a geek).

Well, anyway, i kinda strayed from the GFN and all the other sites for a while due to lost interest from a lack of new GF stuff. I've always came back around though until the network went down for a while. I was kinda let down thinking you guys were gone forever, but i see that you're back up, and now i'm just as enthused as when i first got the game.

Oh, and I haven't heard anything new on the GF2 idea, except for some lucal arts talk about wanting to do another one, but nothing else. You guys have any new info on that?
 Tall Guy
01-14-2002, 7:08 AM
so ur saying that LEC want to do another GF?....i aint heard nethin...where'd you get that from?? :(
 ArielDisaster
01-14-2002, 9:21 AM
I just remembered last year a Lucas Arts representative was talking about the future of LA and the game ideas that they have in mind. I remember them mentioning that they would love to do another Grim Fandango game, but that's about all they said.
 Tall Guy
01-14-2002, 4:56 PM
we live in hope...:(
 Gabez
01-20-2002, 3:10 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if LucasArts made GF2... It's got loads of potential and it sold quite well.
 Tall Guy
01-20-2002, 3:33 PM
if my memory serves me correctly i dont think GF was recieved quite as well as LEC would have hoped. Although it did sell well, didnt sell as much as had been expected
 Metallus
01-20-2002, 11:46 PM
I was going to say the exact same thing, Tall Guy. I don't think it started gaining much popularity until it was a not-so-new release. A lot of people are curious about it now, but you can't find it in stores anymore. You can still get it on Amazon for $10USD, but if you live outside the US/Canada, you can expect to pay hefty shipping costs.

It's a shame, really. Looking back to when the YaBB boards were thriving, I could tell that there was a clear "second generation" of Grim fans, who had waited until that year (last year, in fact) to get the game. I think the mojo downtime really hurt that wave of fans just coming into the community. Hopefully we can win 'em back soon. The GFN's got a few surprises coming soon.
 Tall Guy
01-21-2002, 4:10 AM
u can still get it here in england, i've seen it around a lot lately. Its in the new dvd package
 Claire_X
01-21-2002, 2:27 PM
Thats true enough - in Wales (and most of our shops etc. are really, really backwards e.g. to demonstrate Lord of the Rings just came out here) yet (amazingly) we have GF on sale, in snazzy new DVD packaging. Its in WHSmith, Woolworths and MVC to name just a couple of places. Sad as it is, I was almost tempted to buy it again, whenever you see it, you get a real wave of nostalgia!
 chrisguiblin
01-23-2002, 1:49 PM
yeah, it's around 15 pounds in england now innit - ive seen it in woolworths
 Tall Guy
01-23-2002, 6:17 PM
so there you have it....GF lives! ;)
Page: 1 of 1