Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The greatest thing that was ever on the internet.

Page: 1 of 1
 C Shutt
01-13-2002, 11:34 AM
I found this while searching through Google's archives of the aus.tv Usenet group.

"From: mrblonde
Subject: Russell Gilbert- top guy! (Warning: five letter word)

Here's my brush with greatness:

Was in the Virgin Megastore in Melbourne and saw that jolly fellow, Russell,
buying a game for his PC. His method of purchasing is throwing the game on
the counter (literally). He then threw his credit card at the bemused
salesperson without a word. The body language was pure arrogance. I found it
amusing that he plays off his loveable larrican character on TV, yet acts
like a total prick in real life.

Anyone else want to share an experience with a celebrity?

Regards

Mr Blonde."

!!!
 Darnn
01-13-2002, 11:44 AM
Wow. Intriguing. Some guy in some show I've never even heard of did such an interesting, peculiar thing.
I'm sure the Aussies would enjoy this, though. :)
 elTee
01-13-2002, 12:05 PM
I once saw Dawn French and Lenny Henry in Disneyland. It was in Florida, in the 'Tower of terror' gift shop. I saw her first, and didn't really think it was her, because she would be with Lenny if she was on holiday. Then I looked around and I saw him. So it was them after all. Thier kid Billy was there, cos she said 'Billy' to a kid with them.
 raVen_image
01-13-2002, 2:15 PM
The film, The Lost World: JP:2, was filmed near where I live (Fern Canyon). I was working at the hotel that the actors and director stayed, as the van-driver. After they finished filming, they invited the staff of the hotel to their cast party.

That's right, I was in the same room as Steven Spielberg, Kate capshaw-Spielberg, Jeff Goldblum, Julianne Moore, and others that I can't remember.

Goldblum was the friendliest...and boy, can he play a piano. Capshaw was the most stand-offish (I will refrane from calling her a B...... ). I didn't get to really meet Moore...too bad, because she turns me on. :D All in all, though, it was pretty cool.
 Lemon Head
01-13-2002, 3:24 PM
I was at the filming of the big car-park chase scene in James Bond: Tomorrow Never Dies at my local big shopping centre.

It was mad!
 MeddlingMonk
01-13-2002, 6:19 PM
Once I was in the same room--soundstage--with Henry Fonda.

That's it. Dull story, really.
Page: 1 of 1