Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New iMacs

Page: 1 of 1
 Metallus
01-09-2002, 3:50 AM
Hey, I'm sure some of you have heard about the newly designed iMacs. If not, check out http://www.apple.com). Although I'm not a Mac user on a daily basis, I must say that this new design is pretty good, in terms of space-saving and mobility. However, I don't really like it in the aesthetic sense. It looks kind of, well, weird. If I ever had enough money to buy a secondary computer, I think I'd get a mac, so I could run all the LEC classics with no glitches. That is to say, after re-purchasing them in Mac format, of course :rolleyes:. Anyway, tell me what you think about this new generation of iMacs, or how you feel about Macs in general.
 Tall Guy
01-09-2002, 6:05 AM
not a BIG fan of macs but they're a change from M$ i guess
 Huz
01-09-2002, 11:42 AM
I'd love to have a Mac as a secondary computer. OS X looks very nice, and based on unix too! The potential for messing it up must be staggering...

I'm not so sure about the new iMac. I never liked the idea of the original iMac either - I'd want to choose my own monitor - but then I don't suppose I'm its target audience. For what I assume is its target audience, integrating the two and making it so compact is a very good idea indeed. :)
 Schmatz
01-09-2002, 5:04 PM
I, a long time Mac user, really don't care what it looks like. What really gets me ticked is that the iMacs DON'T have A (or diskette) DRIVES! It's quite stupid, and I think they are trying Zip disks too. I mean, it looks all wacky and stuff, but really, it isn't that necessary. It's made for the fools that go for looks and don't care WHAT is on the inside. I own many of my LEC games for the Mac, more than I do for the PC, so I would like to buy a secondary Mac, just for those games. I might just use my dad's billion year old Mac laptop (the screen itself is like like 9"). But, since Loom and Sam and Max always give everyone sound problems, I will most likely play them on the Mac (Yes, I have a Mac Loom).

In general, any Mac will do me fine. Space is not a problem (usually). Besides, I'd like to be able to update the computer if I had it, so iMacs aren't my preference for Macs.
 Metallus
01-09-2002, 7:24 PM
That's a good point. I don't think people are ready to give up their beloved diskettes yet. Apple had to market an external disk drive which, in the end, cost Mac users more.
 Schmatz
01-09-2002, 10:14 PM
Plus the fact that to buy Zip disks, for the G4 computers, it will cost a lot more to buy a lot of Zip disks than it will to buy a lot of Diskettes.
Page: 1 of 1