Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Stay away from the LucasForums MAIN page

Page: 1 of 1
 raVen_image
01-04-2002, 10:10 PM
Aaaargh. I hate pages that load ads. Everyime I enter the LucasForums Main-Page, or the forums listings, there is a (rather insipid) advertisement that pops up.

I complain about many things so take this with that grain of salt, but:Is this why the subscribed forums have to pay a monthly fee to be assimilated into LucasForums? For the ADS?! Shouldn't the fee preclude pop-up ads for the users???

"BOO!!" I say ...Boo to you and the Star-Destroyer you rode in on! Paying monthly charges should mean: NO ADS!

Stay away from the main page...just use the "Forum jump" scroll bar to get to the forum you want to get to. Boycott the main page!!!
 Metallus
01-04-2002, 10:18 PM
Raven: The ads are not permanent, so there's no reason to get up in arms about it. The powers that be have added them to the main page to help pay for higher-than-normal server costs this month. Granted, it's annoying, so I recommend just going to http://www.panicware.com) and downloading their pop-up killer.
 sheaday6
01-04-2002, 10:27 PM
pop-up killer!? THAT REEKS OF USEFULNESS!!!
 raVen_image
01-04-2002, 10:34 PM
TA!

That worked nicely Metallus. It's a quick download, and you need not have any extra toolbars on your browser (once you set the defaults).

I recommend you all follow Metallus' link...'tis a useful thing, indeed!

O.K. Botcott recinded
 Metallus
01-04-2002, 10:41 PM
Yep, I've been using the "Trial Version" for about 2 months now. It's frustrating at times, because some sites are set up to load things to new windows, and you have to switch it off and back on again. It's easy to use though, and double-clicking the tray icon toggles it.
 Meksilon
01-04-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by raVen_image
TA!

That worked nicely Metallus. It's a quick download, and you need not have any extra toolbars on your browser (once you set the defaults).

I recommend you all follow Metallus' link...'tis a useful thing, indeed!

O.K. Botcott recinded

You know you could just turn off JavaScript.

=mek=
 Metallus
01-05-2002, 1:16 AM
Yeah, but that's not as easy to switch on and off, if your intentions are just to avoid adverts.
 Schmatz
01-05-2002, 3:39 PM
I've been using that program since last May lol. It works like a charm, but I never feel like opening it...
Page: 1 of 1