Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JediKnight2 = Zone multiplayer?

Page: 1 of 1
 Slonn
01-04-2002, 10:02 PM
Will JediKnight2 be dependant on the Zone for multiplayer like JediKnight was? Zone has this annoying habit of not allowing me to connect because of my ISP firewall.

Always the best,

-Slonn
 matt--
01-04-2002, 11:01 PM
Jedi Outcast will feature the Quake3 server-finder-thing.
 Slonn
01-04-2002, 11:15 PM
Hmm.. Is that compatible with Wingate?

The game Tribes2 incorporates an in-game server finder. Is that was you're talking about?
 digl
01-04-2002, 11:55 PM
wingate is a firewall?
anyway I think Its probably compatible
Q3 was designed for online play, so I guess you shouldnt have problems

I dont know how the T2 thing works, but in Q3 you can get a long list of servers from a master server, filter them, list them according to game type, ping, number of players, etc
You also have favorites, to quickly connect to the DS you use to play in
 Slonn
01-05-2002, 12:01 AM
WinGate didn't allow Zone connection. :( I was cut off from JediKnight just as I got my cable.

I guess that will probably what you meant.. I was slightly apprehensive that buying the game would be a waste.
 matt--
01-05-2002, 4:49 PM
wingate is a proxy.

Why would you proxy for games anyway?
Many games use UDP instead of TCP, so wingate won't help your connection. Just run the game normally, not through wingate.
Page: 1 of 1