Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Just finished replaying Grim Fandango...

Page: 1 of 1
 Trapezoid
01-01-2002, 8:57 PM
Ahh, what a game... Currently I like it more than Monkey Island. Of course, I usually change my favorite LucasArts game after I play a different one. They're all so great. :) :) :)
 Schmatz
01-01-2002, 10:18 PM
Grim Fandango is the best 3D adventure ever... then again, I think it really only is up against EMI... yeah definately the best :D
 Lemon Head
01-02-2002, 5:54 AM
My girlfriend is playing it at the moment, and keeps asking me for help on loads of bits, insisting that they're impossible to work out.

At first i thought they were easy puzzles (once i'd completed the game of course) but now i see she's absolutley right. it's bloody hard
 dark spirit
01-02-2002, 2:20 PM
I thought that was a really great game but I had to give a save game of it to a friend of mine at one point because for some reason in the lift at the dog tracks my computer made the lift go too fast and I couldn't do the fork-lift thingy!
 Gabez
01-02-2002, 2:27 PM
Great game but if your mind dosn't work logically, you'll be stuck on it forever. Alternatively, visit http://ags.escapemi.com) !
 MeddlingMonk
01-02-2002, 4:17 PM
Originally posted by dark spirit
computer made the lift go too fast and I couldn't do the fork-lift thingy!

The game has this speed issue with any processor that's at least 400 MHz...which is why LEC has a patch which deals with it. :D
 Prinity
01-02-2002, 5:39 PM
 dark spirit
01-04-2002, 1:58 PM
I actually don't have it any more because it was fully installed (by that i mean a little more than the pre-set lucasarts full installation) and when my PC messed up I had to delete it!
 Lemon Head
01-07-2002, 9:09 AM
Originally posted by Gabez
Great game but if your mind dosn't work logically, you'll be stuck on it forever.
Even with logic some parts are practically impossible, i mean i've played through it quite a few times and even when i already knew the answers, when i tried to break them up into a series of logical thinking steps, some of them i just couldn't explain
 Schmatz
01-07-2002, 3:42 PM
At first I kept trying to do the anchor thing on the other side of the boat :P It took me like 1/2 an hour to figure it out.
 Lemon Head
01-08-2002, 3:53 AM
that magnetic signpost thing wasn't exactly inspiring either
 Trapezoid
01-08-2002, 11:09 AM
And I never really understood the deal with the Rusty Anchor / Lengua / Kitty Track betting stub series of puzzles.
 Prinity
01-08-2002, 4:14 PM
Originally posted by Trapezoid
And I never really understood the deal with the Rusty Anchor / Lengua / Kitty Track betting stub series of puzzles.

Lola switched the Nick/Olivia picture with a picture from the kitty track photo finish files. Then she took the picture, stuck it in Toto's tattoo design book, and left the note in her coat pocket, probably to give to Manny when she saw him or something. She left her coat with Lupe at the coat check and got a Lengua tile as part of Lupe's coat check system, which you picked up at the lighthouse and followed the trail.
 Tall Guy
01-09-2002, 8:50 AM
i think that the betting stub ticket puzzle is one of the hardest puzzles...it was just impossible...i dunno HOW i worked it out...shear luck i suppose:p
 Schmatz
01-09-2002, 3:44 PM
Yeah... luck... :rolleyes:
 Tall Guy
01-10-2002, 5:27 AM
yeah...did i not explain that right?

btw check out GF Network (http://www.grimfandango2.com)
 Lemon Head
01-10-2002, 9:32 AM
The betting stub works out:

1) you get the date and year from the photograph of the cat race
2) you know that tuesday is kitty-hat day, because it gets announced on the PA, all the kids in the photo are wearing kitty-hats, so you know it was a tuesday, and VOILA!
 Tall Guy
01-11-2002, 8:26 AM
yeah i got there in the end ;)
Page: 1 of 1