Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Toto Santos...Hungarian?!?!

Page: 1 of 1
 Gergely
01-01-2002, 2:47 PM
In year 3, when you make Naranja pass out at Toto Santos' place, he speaks Hungarian!!! He sais things like:
"Ha azt hiszed hogy fizetйs nйlkьl elmehetsz, nagyon tйvedsz"
or:
"Rйszeg csavargу" (which means: drunken homeless)
The game though only writes "idiot" as a translation.
So is Toto Santos Hungarian????
Which programmer did do this?
I browsed the credits, and only found one (possibly)hungarian name, Szarabajka. I just remember the family name. So he gave his voice to 2 characters.
Anyone have an idea about that?

[A Hungarian guy]
 Metallus
01-01-2002, 4:31 PM
That's interesting, considering he's got a uniquely Spanish name.
 MeddlingMonk
01-01-2002, 5:19 PM
My take on Toto is that he's been around. Wherever he's from, he probably spent his life in various port cities and has picked up several languages. He's a gutter-cosmopolitan.

Maybe they did pick Hungarian for Toto to bad-mouth people in another language (although I think I hear Chinese coming out of his mouth sometimes). But you can't draw any conclusions based on someone's last name, not in the United States.
 Schmatz
01-02-2002, 12:24 AM
Wait... is that at the tattoo parlor... geez I play the game and 2 months later I forget! I'm pretty sure I'm right though
 MeddlingMonk
01-02-2002, 10:32 AM
Yep. Toto's the tattoo guy. Actually, it's scrimshaw ('the art of carving or incising intricate designs on whalebone or whale ivory'--no wonder it hurts!).
 Gergely
01-02-2002, 1:50 PM
Ok-ok, I was just searching for a hungarian name, to find a reason for the hungarian speech. Oh and Hungary has no ports, it hasnt got any sea shores...
But its cool anyway.
 MeddlingMonk
01-02-2002, 5:51 PM
The reason probably is: they needed a foreign language for Toto, and someone knew Hungarian.

And I'm sure Hungary's landlocked position doesn't prevent anyone from leaving the country traveling the world if that person so desires.
 Gergely
01-05-2002, 1:29 PM
You said:
"The reason probably is: they needed a foreign language for Toto, and someone knew Hungarian."
If you read my first post again, that was the second part which I wrote. But hey! It doesnt matter, I didnt want to start arguing
about this, I just wanted to share this info with you guys.
 osiixy
09-29-2014, 6:38 PM
 ThunderPeel2001
10-24-2014, 2:00 PM
Can you tell us all the Hungarian things he says? :)
Page: 1 of 1