Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Year 2 Secert Floor Help!

Page: 1 of 1
 Rasta
01-01-2002, 10:43 AM
Ok, I've looked throught dozens of Walkthroughs, but I can't seem to get into that dam secret floor!

The problem is it takes the guy forever to get back onto the forklift, by the time that happens, I've missed the floor...

I know I'm suppose to drive it up on the right side of the grate..

Any Help would be nice...

Why does he takes his sweet A§§ time to dirve that dam thing.

Is there a faster way to get on?
 MeddlingMonk
01-01-2002, 12:01 PM
Download and install the patch (ftp://ftp.lucasarts.com/patches/pc/Gfupd101.exe).
 Flynn_17
01-12-2002, 5:16 AM
I know just what you mean. I took me ages to do that, but you just got to keep trying. POark it as close to the right as you can and then drive forrwards really hard, and with a bit of luck, you should get it.:biggs:
 r0bz
07-13-2003, 11:29 AM
how can i drive it?

:jawa
 Thrik
07-13-2003, 12:08 PM
By pressing backwards and forwards

This is of course explained in your manual, assuming you aren't a dirty bastard that downloaded the game.
 Sanspoof
07-16-2003, 3:36 PM
God that took me long, that did. I can still remember it.
 GrimDan
07-24-2003, 7:16 PM
Just like MeddlingMonk said, you have to download a patch. On faster machines the elevator goes to fast to solve it. I have windows XP so i know. I needed to download the patch. You can get the patch for the game at the Lucas Arts (http://www.lucasarts.com/) website. At the top click games. Under PC games select Classics. Press "Grim Fandango". Then press Official Website. Then mess around with the menu untill you find the patch.
 AnxiousApe
08-16-2003, 5:19 PM
It took me ages to get there! I found it was all about timing. You need to drive forward as soon as you see something, I think. It's been ages since I last played it, so sorry I'm vague.

Of course, that was with 98...
 Susan
08-20-2003, 3:04 AM
Originally posted by AnxiousApe
You need to drive forward as soon as you see something, I think.
I just kept my finger on the arrow key after Manny hopped on. So technically he was driving forward even thought there was nothing there. Then I didn't have to worry about pressing the key in time for when something appeared.
Page: 1 of 1