Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

idea: GF comics

Page: 1 of 1
 hncalavera
12-31-2001, 9:31 PM
Until there is a new game.... and I agree with those who would worry that a sequel would have trouble matching up to the original... I think it would be cool to see some Grim Fandango comics published. I'd love to see a comic covering the years between the game sections: showing how Manny takes control of the Calavera Cafe and the SS Lola, how he meets the major characters, etc. And they wouldn't really have as much trouble living up to the standards of the game since it is a different medium. Somebody ought to suggest this to LucasArts.
 NiKo
01-01-2002, 2:57 PM
it was suposed to be a secret/surprise but...what the heck,

i'm making one for www.rustyanchor.grimfanfango2.com)

(no site there yet)
 Fender
01-05-2002, 10:08 AM
there is already part of a grim comic @ Grim Central (http://gfc.grimfandango2.com/)
 MeddlingMonk
01-05-2002, 10:48 AM
That comic is actually at Glottis' Garage (http://glottis.grimfandango2.com/index2.shtml). GFC just has a link to it.
 hncalavera
01-06-2002, 2:25 AM
I checked them out.... they're amusing I guess but I'm thinking longer with good stories... told in more the style of the game.
 Metallus
01-06-2002, 3:05 AM
That would be awesome! But I think there'd have to be a different main character. Sort of the equivalent to an "expanded universe" story in Star Wars, where the focus is away from the main characters. I find side stories (or spin-offs) like this particularly fascinating, and gives the reader a better view of the environment and a whole new spin on those minor characters.

Personally, I'd like to see one about the clown, and what happened to him after his encounter with Manny.
 NiKo
01-13-2002, 12:51 PM
no i ment i'm making a serious one,
and the story is the story of the game...

kind of like what Paco vink is making for worldofmi

just awaiting my photoshop6
 xGrimx
01-13-2002, 2:00 PM
Funny you mention Paco, he has told me that he'd love to do some comics, after he is through with he MI one. So hopefully that won't be to long from now..
Page: 1 of 1