Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

so what did everyone get for gifts?

Page: 1 of 2
 Admiral Casaba the 3rd
12-28-2001, 7:42 PM
just wondering please describe every gift
 Trapezoid
12-28-2001, 8:05 PM
WELLL!!!! To my memory I got:

A bunch of DVDs (including Pee Wee's Big Adventure, 7 Faces of Dr. Lau, Nightmare Before Christmas, the Adventures of Baron Munchausen, the Time Machine, and more.)
A plasma-disc-thingy (Like the electric ball things from Spencers, only flat)
New copies of Grim Fandango and Infernal Machine
Pajamas
A couple board games
Money (about $70 I think... My neighbor gets about $200 each year, *grumble grumble*)
A cowbell

Etc.
 Meksilon
12-28-2001, 8:19 PM
Originally posted by Admiral Casaba the 3rd
just wondering please describe every gift

This is not what Christmas is about, however I thought I'd mention something I got which is far better then a bunch of DVDs... a Disc-File.

=mek=
 Trapezoid
12-28-2001, 8:58 PM
Originally posted by Meksilon

This is not what Christmas is about, however I thought I'd mention something I got which is far better then a bunch of DVDs... a Disc-File.

=mek=

</gloat>
 JiveMonkey
12-28-2001, 10:29 PM
I got....

-The Goonies DVD
-SW: Episode I DVD
-new LL Bean backpack
-Lord of the Rings book trilogy
-and gift cards to every store under the sun (I don't understand the point of gift cards....why not just give me cash instead of ensuring stupid stores good business....)

and I have a question: What is a disc-file?
 Ben Whatsisname
12-29-2001, 4:06 AM
I got my share of storebought trinkets, but these are my favorite Christmas gifts from this year:

- My daughter's face as she unwrapped her very first christmas present. (She turned 1 year old on the 11th of Dec)

- My face as she truely walked for the first time on Christmas morning, heading for the tree. Her previous record had been three accidental steps as she attempted to remain standing. This walk was intentional and a good ten feet non-stop.

- Her face as she ate/wore Christmas dinner, eating all the same things as the big folks, but in smaller portions.

- My face as she managed to beg three whole peices of pie away from the adults. (Who knew one kid could hold so much food?)

- My parents' and inlaws' faces when we came down to visit for the holidays.

- My wife's face as I kissed her under the mistletoe and told her how much I loved her.

- And my face when I kissed my daughter's cheek under the mistletoe only to find out she's teething again as she turned and bit my lip with a giggle.
 Meksilon
12-29-2001, 6:25 AM
Originally posted by JiveMonkey
What is a disc-file?

A book that holds 12CM optical discs (CDs or DVDs... or both). Very useful for my DVD collection, I also files my soundtrack CDs along-side the movie.

=mek=
 Navhead
12-29-2001, 12:24 PM
how sweet, Ben ;)

Trap, cow bell? farmer boy?
 dark spirit
12-29-2001, 3:26 PM
I got lotsa cash from all relatives combined it was Ј210!
I got a sandwich toaster from my sister
A dreamcast game from my parents (headhunter)
I spent a good deal of my boxing day in a pub
and
I spent 3 nights at my grandad's including xmas eve, xmas day and boxing day
 Trapezoid
12-29-2001, 5:22 PM
Originally posted by Navhead
how sweet, Ben ;)

Trap, cow bell? farmer boy?

No, I'm a drummer. Although I do have a friend from Georgia who I predict will wanna test it out.
 Schmatz
12-29-2001, 5:38 PM
Here goes:

GameCube with: Rogue Leader, Super Smash Brothers Melee, and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 ;)
Buncha dress shirts with ties for school
Galactic Battlegrounds
Finaly Fantasy VII
Fallout Tactics
The Far Side 2002 Day Calendar, and the Harley-Davidson 12-Month 2002 Calendar
Spaceballs on VHS (old-school!)

That's about it... I probably forgot some but oh well!
 Admiral Casaba the 3rd
12-29-2001, 7:26 PM
well i made out ok. I got a snowboard civilization III, harry ptter for comp, monopoly tycoon for comp,and the weakest link for comp, plus a larger keyboard/organ and books including the honnit, lord of the rings, harry potter and some other book, and i got mario party 3! but ben you are an adult right? Not to sound insulting but normally i doin't find adults on forums. I'm glad people like you are around
 Meksilon
12-29-2001, 7:58 PM
Not to sound insulting but normally i doin't find adults on forums. I'm glad people like you are around

I am 18 Lupe, in fact quite a few people here are 18 or older, take for instance Remi-O.

How old are you?

=mek=
 Ben Whatsisname
12-30-2001, 3:10 AM
but ben you are an adult right? Not to sound insulting but normally i doin't find adults on forums. I'm glad people like you are around

I'm so old I fart dust, kid.

Just kidding. I am 29 and (physically anyways) I am an adult. But, I did play Maniac Mansion when it was a new release and before that I was into text and text/graphic adventures. After Maniac Mansion, I was hooked on Lucasfilms/LucasArts games and have remained a strong fan of adventure games in general. You can also find me in the planet quake forums as Gutter Rat (Which is also where I swiped this new avatar from... I like it.)
 Darnn
12-30-2001, 5:06 AM
Originally posted by dark spirit
Blah Blah Blah... Boxing day... Pub... Blah Blah... Boxing day

Could you explain a little more to the people what Boxing Day is? I pretty much know, but it's always good to learn more of such delightful customs as days dedicated to discounts.
 spoon_man
12-30-2001, 6:12 AM
I got

Books:

Hunter S. Thompson - Fear and Loathing in America
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Ken Kesey
A Radiohead Guitar Book

CD's

DJ Food and DK - Solid Steel
Portishead - Self Titled
Echoes (The Best of Pink Floyd) - Pink Floyd
 Meksilon
12-30-2001, 6:13 AM
Originally posted by Darnn

Could you explain a little more to the people what Boxing Day is? I pretty much know, but it's always good to learn more of such delightful customs as days dedicated to discounts.

Boxing Day is the day of the year where more people then average die. Kind of sad.

=mek=
 Gabez
12-30-2001, 7:22 AM
*Gasp!* Boxing Day's the best! Speaking of which, I should probably take down the decorations...
 Lemon Head
12-30-2001, 11:45 AM
originally, boxing day was about giving things (other than skin diseases) to those lovely monetarily-disadvantaged peasants.
Now it's a time to get drunk and moan about all the socks you got from your nan
 Prinity
12-30-2001, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Lemon Head
originally, boxing day was about giving things (other than skin diseases) to those lovely monetarily-disadvantaged peasants.
Now it's a time to get drunk and moan about all the socks you got from your nan

You have a whole day dedicated to whining? Wow!
 Admiral Casaba the 3rd
12-30-2001, 2:55 PM
well i'm 15 and i'm very shcoked to see people 18 and older. Normally in a forum i expect mostly all teengaers. Well i don't have a job yet. And don't adults at the age of 29 have toher things to do thatn talk on forums? I mean i'm not trying to sound insulting again but don't yiu have a job and a wofe and freinds to tlak with and stufff in the real world? I mean where do find time to go on and internet forum and tlak about Escape from monkey island?
 Navhead
12-30-2001, 4:26 PM
Originally posted by Meksilon

I am 18 Lupe, in fact quite a few people here are 18 or older, take for instance Remi-O.

How old are you?

=mek=

*Insert obvious joke about Remi's age here*

Originally posted by Prinity

You have a whole day dedicated to whining? Wow!

My whole life is dedicated for it! ;P
 MrManager
12-30-2001, 4:40 PM
Originally posted by Navhead
*Insert obvious joke about Remi's age here*

/me kicks Nav in the nads with the PL

My whole life is dedicated for it! ;P
This whole board is dedicated to it actually.
 Admiral Casaba the 3rd
12-30-2001, 7:41 PM
Originally posted by remio

This whole board is dedicated to it actually.
oh so this is how you use soemone's quotes. Well i finally did it. Beacuse mostly people take my quotes and observe them. I feel like some laboratory mopnkey and you guys are all scientists wacthing my every move and reply! CREEPY!
 Metallus
12-30-2001, 8:25 PM
I think you're supposed to talk about the quote if you use them. Also: You worry too much. It's kind of hard to reply if we don't observe (and by that, I mean read) each other's posts, so quit freaking out when you get quoted.
 Meksilon
12-30-2001, 8:27 PM
well i'm 15 and i'm very shcoked to see people 18 and older. Normally in a forum i expect mostly all teengaers. Well i don't have a job yet. And don't adults at the age of 29 have toher things to do thatn talk on forums? I mean i'm not trying to sound insulting again but don't yiu have a job and a wofe and freinds to tlak with and stufff in the real world? I mean where do find time to go on and internet forum and tlak about Escape from monkey island?

You really should proof-read your messages Lupe and make sure they make sence. So you're shocked to see people like me are you? What "better" things to do are there exactly?

Answer to your questions:
1. No I don't have a job (this is certianly not a better thing to do).
2. I'm 18, I don't have a wife although I do have a girlfriend (yes, being with her is much better then this forum).
3. Lupe... um are you saying you don't have friends? Of course I have friends, but that's all they are to me, they are friends and they are not like family.

And I prefer not to talk about Escape from Monkey Island, I like to talk about The Secret of Monkey Island and Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge because the games continue to facinate me.

=mek=
 Ben Whatsisname
12-30-2001, 10:17 PM

Ok - fair assumption...

Here's the answer: I don't just hang out in forums, but IRC as well. I also run the world's biggest fansite for Full Throttle (also made by LucasArts), so my monkey island discussions usually fall second banana (pun inteded) to that game. Just because I have a wife and daughter doesn't mean that I am dead - just that I veg out in front of the PC the same way the "average" dad does with sports on tv or a do-it-yourself project.

I do not currently have a job (I was medically discharged from the military due to knee injury and get a monthly disability check that covers most bills), and I interact plenty with the "real world" by being a full-time college student working towards a bachelor's degree in English. (I also get GI Bill, which pays bills and leaves money left over as well)

BTW, don't just assume that games are for kids - kids don't make the ones from LEC. Just those adults who are kids at heart. Plus, my daughter (1 year old) likes to watch all "talkie" LEC adventures played out because she draws no real distinction yet between them and cartoons on TV.
 Prinity
12-30-2001, 10:32 PM
Just because you're an adult doesn't mean you're busy all the time. I mean, Remi has a full-time job and wife and he's on 24/7.

Aside from that, I'm 17, extremely busy, and I still find time to go online for a couple minutes every day. Most days, anyway.
 Trapezoid
12-30-2001, 10:55 PM
Plus, a lot of adults have office jobs. With computers. So instead of doing work they visit boards and stuff.

Not me though, I'm just 15 and don't have a job. I could if I wanted, but I just don't want to waste time behind the desk at Blockbusters and would prefer to find a more creative way to earn money. But that's another story.
 MrManager
12-30-2001, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Prinity
Just because you're an adult doesn't mean you're busy all the time. I mean, Remi has a full-time job and wife and he's on 24/7.

Aside from that, I'm 17, extremely busy, and I still find time to go online for a couple minutes every day. Most days, anyway.

I'm sure all of you guys in school/college/whatever are more busy than me.
 Meksilon
12-31-2001, 12:15 AM

Not if you've got a job AND a wife!

=mek=
 QueZTone
12-31-2001, 7:10 AM
back to topic..

the carneval of the damed in the MI2 ending must be a spell by LeChuck..

i mean elaine said: "I hope LeChuck didnt put a horrible SPELL on him." (SPELL even being written all capital letters)

hmm id love to see that overlay image of the carneval and booty isle, where's that to be found? :)

oh and CMI had some flaws and contradictions, but EMI mastered that ugly skill most...hey ill set up a new topic for all the contradictions, see if i missed out on any..
 Darnn
12-31-2001, 9:34 AM

HA. Ha ha.
I find that remark to b... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
HA!
(I'm actually laughing, in case you were woHAHAHAHAHA!)
HAHA!
 Schmatz
12-31-2001, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by QueZTone
back to topic..

the carneval of the damed in the MI2 ending must be a spell by LeChuck..

i mean elaine said: "I hope LeChuck didnt put a horrible SPELL on him." (SPELL even being written all capital letters)

hmm id love to see that overlay image of the carneval and booty isle, where's that to be found? :)

oh and CMI had some flaws and contradictions, but EMI mastered that ugly skill most...hey ill set up a new topic for all the contradictions, see if i missed out on any..

Um... actually.. this was the gifts from Christmas thread, not the Secret of Monkey Island one ;).

I am 16 and I am the laziest sh*t in my town. My cable went down recently, and I almost passed out :D. No, I always have stuff like school/Youth Ministry/Boy Scouts/Etc. but I always have plenty of time to check on the forums. If my dad was into LEC Games, even with 3 kids and a wife he would still find time (and with his job it's pretty hard to find time for anything!)
 dark spirit
12-31-2001, 6:10 PM
Originally posted by Trapezoid
.....would prefer to find a more creative way to earn money.

I can help you with that, grab some cinnamon sticks, a chicken and an outboard motor and meet me at the stock car races!
 Schmatz
12-31-2001, 6:29 PM
Oh, I thought you were gona say some cinnamon sticks, a rubber chicken on a pulley, some ink and a feather pen and meet me at Monkey Island... :D
 dark spirit
12-31-2001, 6:34 PM
you can't make chicken waterskiing championships with that stuff:D

But if it pleases you then grab some cinnamon sticks, a rubber chicken on a pulley, some ink and a feather pen and meet me at Monkey Island!
 Schmatz
12-31-2001, 6:36 PM
Anyone know where i can get a ball-point feather pen LoL
 dark spirit
12-31-2001, 6:39 PM
10 bucks and it's yours! :D
 Schmatz
12-31-2001, 7:06 PM
Sorry I only have 10 pounds... lol. YOu want American Money, and I got the British Money... JUUUUUUST GREAT!
 Admiral Casaba the 3rd
12-31-2001, 7:45 PM
I'M SURPRISED ON HOW MANY POSTS APPEAR WHEN I'M OFF THE INTERNET FOR A WHILE! But i'll watch my spelling mistakes from now on and i promise to review my post before i post them. Except this. I have to eat now!
 Trapezoid
12-31-2001, 9:46 PM
Someone post a picture Christopher Walken. That's what this thread needs.
 MrManager
12-31-2001, 9:56 PM
 JollyRoger
12-31-2001, 10:06 PM
i got a gamecube!

spoon- HST rules!

and if you cant find something to do that you want to, other then work or school, whats the point in life?

fortunatly im 15, with no life, so i got lots of free time :D
 Meksilon
01-01-2002, 2:27 AM
DAMN IT RELEASE THE DAMN GAMECUBE IN AUSTRALiA ALLREADY!!!!!

=mek=
 Schmatz
01-01-2002, 11:22 AM
That Walken picture just isn't big enough...
http://www.emerchandise.com/images/p/1CW/pdPH1CW0001.jpg)
Now THAT's insanely freaky...
 Admiral Casaba the 3rd
01-01-2002, 3:39 PM
i'm gad to hear i'm not the only 15 year old with no life. LOL:D
but i ebvy people who have game cube! ERRRRRRRR!:mad:
well... who the heck is Christopher Walken is he that Mental isane dud who i saw near the county fair? And what's with that pepsi diet twist commercial. ANd whose Barry Bostwick(actually he's the mayor of spin city But it's fun to ask!
 Trapezoid
01-01-2002, 5:16 PM
That's an old picture of him... Christopher Walken is this creepy guy. He's been in a lot of movies, includin' Pulp Fiction and Sleepy Hollow... He also danced around in the video for Fatboy Slim's "Weapon of Choice". If you've ever even glimpsed a second of that video you should remember it.
 Admiral Casaba the 3rd
01-01-2002, 7:13 PM
I like Fatboy Slim actually there 2 songs FUNK SOUL BROTHER and PRAISE YOu also I love the barenaked ladies and smash mouth a bit of billly joel and destiny's child and.....actually a lot of songs
but I like 2 songs from Fastball which is The Way and Was I out of my Head was I out of my mind(you know that song)
 Schmatz
01-01-2002, 11:29 PM
Weapon of Choice lol... I bet he got paid a ****load of money to do that lol...
Page: 1 of 2