Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Stop being di*ks, please.

Page: 1 of 2
 Jake
12-23-2001, 11:30 PM
Hey guys, I know we're all against forum censorship and all that, but please stop your crusades into other forums. If you have something against those guys, you really shouldn't let it bother you since its just a goddamn forum. If you're just jacking around because you're bored you should also stop that since its just pissing people off. Remember that on most other forums, including isaac's old one, your posts would have been long deleted and your accounts probably banned. Its all fun and games until you go and bother people who have nothing to do with you for no reason. Stay in here and everyone will be happy.

If you guys did actually stop "waging war" and threads are just being closed in here because someone is upset at you, or is looking for more ways to "do their job" ... that's kinda lame but you guys aren't doing much better . I like closing threads and censoring not at all, but I like trolling and moderator-trolling a lot less.

Thank you for your time :)
 Schmatz
12-23-2001, 11:32 PM
Well, then tell their admins to stop invading our forums and locking threads!
 Jake
12-23-2001, 11:33 PM
Hey schmatz did you read my whole post?
 Setion
12-23-2001, 11:33 PM
*starts the "but I didn't go into other peoples forums, I just had a single thread here and the spam had already stopped before Rogue stepped in just fueling the fire" speil*
 sheaday6
12-23-2001, 11:34 PM
we stopped a long time ago, and now i'm just trying to change the conversation because everyones patience and tempers are wearing thin.:(
 Jake
12-23-2001, 11:38 PM
I talked to Rogue Nine and he said your unorthodox brand of "insanity" caught him at a bad time, and apologized for overmodding.

Glad to hear the raids stopped, that was dumb. :)

Love,

Jake
 Schmatz
12-23-2001, 11:38 PM
Yeah, but you didn't specify it... you said that if we don't like to it stop... ok ok I tried to read it but I got bored... they should stop anyway :D
 raVen_image
12-23-2001, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Jake
Hey schmatz did you read my whole post?
Well, I read it. And there are some moderators who could learn from your example. It's easy to comply with someone when he articulates his problems.

Well done, Jake :)
 MtBlanc
12-24-2001, 1:12 AM
Now if that isn't an uncalled-for shot to his kidney raVen, I don't know what is. Others seem to stop their crusades, but you keep on ticking. You should let somethings go.
 AndrewL
12-24-2001, 2:02 AM
if you ain't down with Sam & Max and you come here trying to feel important or put in your 2 useless cents, get the fucc out. straight up. don't post here with your USELESS opinion. Don't come here if thats all you got.
 raVen_image
12-24-2001, 9:48 AM
Originally posted by Dinghy Dog
Now if that isn't an uncalled-for shot to his kidney raVen, I don't know what is. Others seem to stop their crusades, but you keep on ticking. You should let somethings go.
Wow, that was out of my blind side...good left hook there, Dinghy. Now let's see, where to begin...

1) I gave Jake praise for his ability to present his plight as a moderator, which is something I can sympathize with (more than you may know). He expressed his concerns and asked, in an adult manner, for the forum raids to stop. I am impressed. I will always give praise where praise is due and chastize where I see fit. Yes, I singled Jake out for praise, but I never came near anyone's kidney.

2) I was never part of any crusade. I am always the consciencious (and ever-amused) observer. I made no forum raids ...I had no posts deleted ...I had no threads locked ... no one offended me in this experience (not even you). I merely watched and commented on the behavior going on.

3) IF and WHEN I embark on a crusade, you may consider me relentless. I will only "let things go" on conditions that I establish. Unlike the FAO campaigners, I got lots of stamina, and when I have a gripe, I always support myself with clear evidence. I am the constant tyne. Please don't presume to tell me that I "should" ...especially when it doesn't apply.

4) For the most part, I respect you Dinghy, but for this ... SHADDUPPA YOU FACE! http://koti.mbnet.fi/peku1/smilies/wink/wink11.gif)
 Setion
12-24-2001, 12:20 PM
*hits raVen_image square in the testicles*

Am I helping yet?
 sheaday6
12-24-2001, 12:25 PM
you guys lost me with the big words, am i still in trouble?:confused:
 Jester
12-24-2001, 12:52 PM
Indubitably.
 Jake
12-24-2001, 1:48 PM
I'd like to point out that, due to the "active topic" icons, this particular forum reminds me of the burning wastes of cars inevitably sitting outside post-apocalyptic metropolises.
 Setion
12-24-2001, 1:54 PM
Funny, it reminds me of a folder full of paper...
 sheaday6
12-24-2001, 2:58 PM
it reminds me of a three headed dog that chews at your stomach while you lie in a FILTHY , VACUOUS pile of sludge. but we're all entitled to our opinions. except me
 MtBlanc
12-24-2001, 5:11 PM
I will settle this with Private Messaging! Ah, I'm so assiduous sometimes.

And no kiddies, that doesn't quite mean what you expect it to.
 MtBlanc
12-24-2001, 5:31 PM
Okay, raVen can not or refuses to recieve private messages. So to the burden (this is horrible, I'm sure :)) of all these other forum-goers, I'll post it here.

Now raVen, perhaps I interpreted your message poorly. I thought that it was discreetly directed towards Metallus. Now if it isn't, I apologize for the mistake I have made.

But if it is a poke at Metallus, a kidney shot as I put it, then I find it to be rather inappropriate. This was the crusade I was talking about, not this recent mess. Your battle against Metallus and MILegend is easy to refer to as a crusade. Everyone knows that you were kicked off those forums in a rather unelegant process, and you have talked about that frequently. I thought you were bringing it up again in that post. To do so would to bring up a rather old and tired subject. Secondly, it would be inappropriate, you shouldn't continually insult someone like that, however blatant it may be. And third, let it go. Maybe Metallus made a mistake, maybe he didn't. Regardless, it happened a long time ago. "You've got to contemporize man!" - The Simpsons

Anyways, I do apologize if I took the message in a wrong light. However, if it was a little attack on Metallus, please consider what I have said. And I hope you start posting more frequently, it's nice to read your comments. :)
 The Dogfuchow
12-24-2001, 6:43 PM
you'll always be my man, Jake.
 AndrewL
12-24-2001, 9:01 PM
Originally posted by The Dogfuchow
you'll always be my man, Jake.

hahahhahaha for real? my man? HHAHAHHAHAA. that **** brings me to tears.
 The Dogfuchow
12-24-2001, 9:36 PM
I wonder if you got it the right way.

....... nevermind.
 SyntheticGerbil
12-26-2001, 12:45 PM
Oh, the woes of new fans.

Extra long signatures, shameless praises to obvious elders, and constant one liners and jokes without punchlines.

Eh... I guess I could ignore it.
 Ikhnaton
12-26-2001, 2:21 PM
Allow me to put in my two cents when I agree with Jake about the invasions. I mean, come on, how old are you? Just remember that all these forums are now connected so what affects one affects the others. It's not like before where if you invaded a forum, you could get banned and then that was that. We're all part of the same gig.

I understand how you guys feel about newbies coming into this forum. They get on my nerves too. I think a little less arrogance would be a good thing, however. Believe it or not, you guys aren't "better" than anyone else on these forums. As much as you guys would love to remain a total separate entity, cut off from the rest of the forums, that ain't gonna happen. invading other forums is not going to make things any better. You don't want to be known as the black sheep of the lucasforums.

I'm not one of those admins who pokes his nose into other forums looking for stuff to close. In fact I have never closed nor moved a topic on forums other than those i already adminned in the old days. But these sorts of goings on do get noticed and if nothing is changed as far as behavior goes, the time will come when an admin will have to step in and make some changes. So for your own good, just lighten the hell up, drop the arrogant attitude and try to get along with everyone, mmkay?

cheers
 Schmatz
12-26-2001, 2:35 PM
RaVen is out to get me... :mad:

Jake says everyone should stay in their forums... and Ikhnaton says that people should and will be going to other forums... I'm so lost... :confused:

I don't wanna get anyone mad... but this arguement is confusing...

Honestly, I'd like it a lot better if there were like 3 or 4 top admins that watch all forums... and every other forum had its own admins, so for an example (not meant to insult anyone) if an admin comes from the JediKnight forums to these forums, he shouldn't be able to lock threads here...

Besides, as Ikhnaton said, these forums are connected... so what's wrong with posting at other forums... I mean if they invade us we aren't gonna whine about it... well, I know I won't...
 Ikhnaton
12-26-2001, 2:48 PM
i didn't say people *should* be going to other forums, i'm saying they will. I think people checking out other forums and expanding their horizons is a good thing, so long as they remain respectful to the way each forum is run and follow some common sense for posting.

I personally don't agree with other super mods patrolling forums other than their home base except in rare emergency type circumstances, but that is me.
 Schmatz
12-26-2001, 5:15 PM
That's exactly what I mean.

BTW Jake... what's wrong with us being disks? :D
 raVen_image
12-26-2001, 8:17 PM
Aaahh, my 4th point ("shudduppa you face") was undeserved. There was a slap in the face couched in that compliment, but you misinterpretted the recipient. I'll explain:

Wow...This is an old subject.
Originally posted by Dinghy Dog
Your battle against Metallus and MILegend is easy to refer to as a crusade. Everyone knows that you were kicked off those forums in a rather unelegant process, and you have talked about that frequently.
So old, and yet.... And yet you've either forgotten what I said, or been duped by misinformation. My crusade was against Blondebeard for his poor administration, not Metallus. Further, (and I get tired of clarifying this point) I was not kicked off milegend. In accordance with the settings of their message-board, I deleted my own profile and hounded Blondebeard as a "guest" until he met my expectation of him as an administrator. Since he couldn't ban a guest, I maintained my crusade out of anyone's reach. Anyway, I declared that crusade to be over when BlondeBeard performed one good administrative duty, in proper grammatical style. Once he did that, I left and never returned. As I said, my crusades are over when the terms I've set down are met. I have never bothered BlondeBeard again. My opinion of him hasn't really changed, but the crusade is long, long over.
I thought you were bringing it up again in that post. To do so would to bring up a rather old and tired subject.
About Metallus: I remember him recently when he locked an in-offensive post at escapemi, for which I offered my disgust. But he unlocked it again and I commended that decision. Evidence here:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=25014)
For this, he's acquitted. Now, Metallus did perform questionably during this recent incident as well, and I've flamed him for it in another post, and quite deservedly so. Funny, I can't seem to find my post to him now, or I'd include a link to it to demonstrate.
Secondly, it would be inappropriate, you shouldn't continually insult someone like that..."You've got to contemporize man!" - The Simpsons
Carrying an old grudge is innapropriate, true. I gather that Metallus was also at milegend during my crusade, but I have no memory of him from that place. Every gripe (there have been 2) that I've centered on him has been for recent actions here at LucasForums. I am contemporary. I believe that being a moderator must preclude certain behaviors that the standard poster enjoys. Any moderator (not just Metallus) that acts improperly will gain my criticism. No differently than when I flamed Natty, recently, for her innapropriate behavior at escapemi. When I flame someone in particular, I am not shy about namimg names. Same when I compliment someone.

And Metallus is not a thorn. I will continue to disagree with him, when I see disagreeable actions from him. All it takes is an apology, OR a critical argument that explains his actions, and I am well and all is forgotten. He hasn't come anywhere near "crusade status".

Anyhooo, yes, you correctly interpretted a kidney punch, but not to any ONE moderator...more like a general slap to ALL moderators who make bad judgements.

Rogue Nine was getting silly that night, but he apologised shortly after, and that acquits him, in my eyes. In my first writing of that (offending) post in this thread, his name included. However, he apologised while I was writing it. (Look at the times above my post) Once I posted, I could read that he apologised and I immediately editted his name out and made it general. I do not regret the suggestion that all moderators look to Jake's example. I still feel that Jake handled the whole affair very well, and everyone can learn from him. The compliment to Jake was genuine.

Now:
Am I out to get you Schmatz? I don't even know you.
 AndrewL
12-26-2001, 8:25 PM
Son of a gun wrote so damn much. I'm not even gonna bother. You know what I've said in the past and I whole heartedly stick by it. All I have to say is Lets get to some Sam & Max discussion for the love of god.
 The Dogfuchow
12-26-2001, 9:19 PM
agreed.
 Schmatz
12-26-2001, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by raVen_image
Now:
Am I out to get you Schmatz? I don't even know you. [/B]

Sorry, I thought that when you complimented Jake you were really dissing me. Nevermind :D
 Metallus
12-26-2001, 11:21 PM
Well, I'm glad that you clarified your point, raVen. As you probably expected, I have some disagreements with your statements, however.

Indeed, I was an MI Legend moderator, and it was not a fun job. The moderators of the forum did not adhere to a uniform policy of moderation, and never bothered to establish one. Being that the forums were so short-lived, I doubt that we had the time to become seasoned mods and admins.

Whatever the case may be, I have this to say: I did disagree with some of the methods of the MI Legend mods early on. I was all for establishing some guidelines for how we would go about moderating, and near the end we'd "grown up" somewhat in terms of judging and exercising our moderating abilities fairly.

That said, Your attack against Blondebeard was absolutely uncalled for. If you were trying to teach him a lesson about how to go about administering a forum, you went about it the completely wrong way. First of all, there were far less caustic routes you could have taken to get your point across. If you had beef with the way things were run, you could have (and should have) contacted the moderators, rather than threaten the very foundation of a fledgling board. Secondly, Blondebeard was not the only one in charge there, and targeting him for poor administration, if that is really all you had intended to do, was unfair. The way you went about it all made it unclear as to whether you disliked him as an admin, or if you hated him as a person, and at times your comments made me very angry.

I admit I had my weaker moments as a moderator there, just as I do here and now. I made a mistake at the EscapeMI.com boards similar to the one that Rogue Nine made here just recently. Moderators and Administrators are only human, after all. Did that sound cliche? I'm sorry.

Anyway raVen, I listen to and respect what feedback I get, as long as it's polite. It's the best I can do. When you want to be, you can be very insightful about things. Other times, I find your behavior to be very immature. Namely, your use of false names to attack moderators. You do it enough using your real account ;). If you disagree with my moderating actions, send me a personal message, rather than spreading poison about me in other forums. All in all, I have to say the same thing about you that you said about me. You're not a thorn either, I just haven't been able to figure you out.
 Schmatz
12-26-2001, 11:53 PM
I'm gonna stay neutral on these grounds. Don't start PMing this whole thing is getting interesting :D
 AndrewL
12-26-2001, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by The Dogfuchow
I wonder if you got it the right way.

....... nevermind.

While we are at it, I'd like to clear something up. I know what you meant when said that stuff Dogfuchow. I was kidding. Hopefully, I haven't offended you. I respect all Sam & Max community members. There are very few of us, so lets get along. I know some of you don't get along, (Remember the two different boards?) But all I ask is we try to get along. No petty internet beefs.

And raVen, you in no way are contributing to this board. This isn't the discuss our problems with eachother or whatever the hell your doing. This is a damn Sam & Max board which allows us to converse with eachother who together have a similar interests. Your are in no way contributing to the board. This is INDEED an old topic. So get the FUCC off it. I'm tired of this ****.

You are talking about grudges and **** like we all actual know each other and ****. C'mon! get real! look at what your typing for gods sakes. Look how stupid you look. shiit! Is this how you spend your time? ****....I pity that. I want this fixed. NO MORE BULLSHIIT. GET WITH IT or GET THE FUCC OUT!

Jake is basically the man who runs shiit altogether so leave it at that. He doesn't need you to publicly announce you like the way he handles shiit especially WHEN it doesn't involve YOU. If you feel you must be like that then private message him.

And if this doesn't faze you and you persist with this display of nonsense and want a war with words I'd like to see you go toe to toe with Setion or Jester, two fluent smart ass mutha****az who sure as hell know how to "flame"

As for Met, he's been a great addition to the community, from working hard making a site to getting people on a team and working somewhat together. I don't know him that well but I do know he hasn't done anything wrong to us as far as I know and I will not tolerate anymore of this garbage.

If you wish to respond to Met. Please message him privately. I'm sick of seeing that ****. I thought i could keep my peace but I'm ticked of this ****. It boggles my mind to see how foolish your posts are. We don't need this. On behalf of the sam & max community, SMARTEN THE FUCC UP OR GET THE FUCC OUT.

ps that "Now:
Am I out to get you Schmatz? I don't even know you."
comment. Shut the fucc up! YOU don't know any of us.
 The Dogfuchow
12-27-2001, 12:44 AM
haha, just makin' sure.

it's a... strange joke that can be taken in two ways. One as strange humor, or a really dumbass 'supportive' comment.

Either way, right on!
 SyntheticGerbil
12-27-2001, 2:56 AM
I really could care less what any other forum labels us as... all that I know is that I'm happy being around the fans that have endured many years of... uh... internet... stuff... things with. I think I've known this community more than anything else since I've gotten access to the internet, even though I think this whole cyberspace thing is silly.

I- SNIFF -I-
LOVE- LO- LOVE
SNIFF -HACK- COUGH
YOU GUYS!
(Cue the "Awww"s)

Anyway, Iknahton, pay close attention to who is doing what before you write any more messages.

As for arrogance, I don't think anyone here is as superior as I to see on to my level of ingenious. (Drum line) But really, it's a human quality, don't fret if one has it.
 Jake
12-27-2001, 3:32 AM
"to see on to my level of ingenious"

Wonderful nonsensical sentence shoots self in foot.*

*or, maybe: Jake doesn't understand wonderfully constructed, gramattically accurate sentence, looks like fool.
 duder
12-27-2001, 3:38 AM
Originally posted by Jake
I talked to Rogue Nine and he said your unorthodox brand of "insanity" caught him at a bad time, and apologized for overmodding.

Glad to hear the raids stopped, that was dumb. :)

Love,

Jake

they raided my forum, but i thought it was funny :D .

keep up the good work dudes!!!!;)
 raVen_image
12-27-2001, 7:14 AM
Originally posted by AndrewL
yadda yadda [curse] yadda yadda
Huh? ...erm...sorry...I was picking some lint outta my navel...could you say that again?

On second thought...don't. I see that vein in our forehead about to pop
 Ikhnaton
12-27-2001, 12:58 PM
Anyway, Iknahton, pay close attention to who is doing what before you write any more messages.

excuse me? what is this supposed to mean?

oh, and drewl, using "fucc" and "shiit" looks really dumbass stupid. Not saying that as an admin, but as a regular poster.
 Andrei
12-27-2001, 5:00 PM
That's ok. Either you get it or you don't.
 SyntheticGerbil
12-27-2001, 6:13 PM
It means exactly what it says, Ik, unless there are typos...

That's alright Jake, I'm a horrible writer. If you don't get it... then I probably can't explain it any better... possibly worse though, if that helps.

Riddles are abound tonight.
 AndrewL
12-27-2001, 8:02 PM
Originally posted by raVen_image

I'm a diickhead so I'm going to continue with my bullshiiting, I was busy picking an orifice in search of sustenance

Originally posted by Ikhnaton

oh, and drewl, using "fucc" and "shiit" looks really dumbass stupid. Not saying that as an admin, but as a regular poster

What difference would it be if you were saying that as a admin, especially an admin that isn't from this board? Does any regular here not quite understand why I did that? Speaking of regulars, your aren't a regular poster here. And you haven't contributed anything useful to the Sam & Max Community, deeming you useless. Get the "fucc" out.
 Ikhnaton
12-27-2001, 9:41 PM
andrewl, i can post anywhere i damn well please, and it is your kind of attitude that only makes things worse.

Gerbil, I still don't understand what the hell you are talking about.
 Metallus
12-27-2001, 11:04 PM
Can everyone PLEASE just chill out? I'm starting to dread coming to this board because if it's not one thing it's another. Ikhnaton, I can tell that you were initially trying to help settle a previous incident here, but please understand that the forum is sufficiently looked-after. To the forum regulars, I need you all to go easy on said "outsiders". It will be best in the long run. Before this argument about nothing turns into an "incident" about even less, we need to reach some sort of understanding.
 sheaday6
12-27-2001, 11:15 PM
we should make the dates on all the threads and posts REAAAAALY BIG so people will stop commenting ON THINGS LONG SINCE PASSED!!!!
*tears out hair and throws it at computer screen*
 Metallus
12-27-2001, 11:26 PM
Well, with this particular thread, it's been a steadily expanding cesspool of misery, and never really died. True though, there is a lot of replyage to dead "fight" threads around here, which undoubtedly has reaggrivated old wounds around here.
 MtBlanc
12-28-2001, 7:42 PM
Gah, it's a warzone in here. I've been away for two days and this powderkeg of a thread has blown sky high.

Anyways, please guys, let's be civil. There's no need to start fights about petty differences. If you want to argue about little things do it on your own time, not ours.

Finally, I like ice cream. (Let's see people get aggravated over that!)
 AndrewL
12-29-2001, 11:36 AM
Oh god, you don't know how much that offends me dingy. ICE CREAM? Geeeez, what're you thinking? don't say that! Thats more horrid than saying you had a affair with a sheep. Quick, close the thread before people wail on you.
 sheaday6
12-29-2001, 12:04 PM
what kind of ice cream? because some ice cream is bad. and i will yell at you if it sucks BECAUSE I AM AN ICE-CREAMALIST. mmmmmmmm ice cream.
Page: 1 of 2