Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Demo won't play

Page: 1 of 1
 Cow-boy
10-30-2001, 11:36 AM
I can install the demo fine, the startup screen comes up fine, but when I come to play, it comes up with the following error message:

could not initialise graphics system. make sure video card and driver are compatible with direct draw.

I'm using a laptop, with 8mb ATI graphics, win 2000 and directx 8

Anyone know what the problem is and how to solve it?
 Kudar
10-30-2001, 11:49 AM
Try the video card manufacturers site to see if there is updated drivers for Direct Draw
 Kudar
10-30-2001, 11:51 AM
 Cow-boy
10-30-2001, 2:49 PM
Thanks for the link, but ATI don't supply drivers for their mobile stuff as it has to be configured for the display. Anyway the drivers should be fine I only bought it 2 months ago.

I'm using a sony C1VFK (its a half sized notebook) so the screen is half sized (1024 x 480). I've been messing about with it and a couple of other things like empire earth and art of magic don't work either so it looks like there is some problem initialising direct draw.

If anyone has any suggestions about what I can do to sort this out that would be great. I think I'll contact sony and see what they say about it.

love the smilies
:bdroid2:
 Cow-boy
10-31-2001, 6:51 AM
Intalled new video drivers and direct x and it still won't work

:atat: :mad: :atat:
Page: 1 of 1