Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Top <insert number> films you want to see in the cinema soon

Page: 1 of 1
 Riffage
12-17-2001, 8:07 PM
so what films do you want to see in the cinema??
post here and tell the world..

(post asked for by Jake) talk to him if you dont like it

Someone should make a "Top <insert number> spooky obsession anticipation hyped up i'm a fanboy potentially good upcoming movies you're looking forward to" thread

but thread subjects cant be that long!

:)
 raVen_image
12-17-2001, 8:39 PM
OK, no one is making these movies (that I know of) but with CGI at the level it is, these are movies that could be done well...

I would like to see an adaption of:
Elfquest --by Richard and Wendi Pini
Another fine Myth -- by Robert Aspirin
Sandman -- by Neil Gaiman
Good Omens -- also by Neil Gaiman

...because I'm a ...yadda yadda ...obsessed ...yadda yadda fanboy .....yadda yadda ... burn hollywood down if not done soon...ooops I've said too much
 MrManager
12-17-2001, 8:59 PM
Well now....

"The Marshalls Of Revelation" which is Favreau and Vaughn's potential new movie. (meaning it hasn't even started filming)

"The Red Dragon" - could be interesting to see if they can improve on "Manhunter". "The Red Dragon" was always my favourite book in the Lecter series.

... and that's all I can think of. I'm sure there's more.
 Schmatz
12-17-2001, 9:48 PM
Lord of the Rings
Indy 4 (if It's gonna happen!)
MONEKY ISLAND THE MOVIE W00T!!!!! ah... 'tis only a dream :(
 Jake
12-17-2001, 10:06 PM
I'd rather see a Sam & Max movie :)
 Metallus
12-17-2001, 10:32 PM
:max: That would never happen, Jake.
 Meksilon
12-18-2001, 6:18 AM
Originally posted by remio
Well now....

"The Marshalls Of Revelation" which is Favreau and Vaughn's potential new movie. (meaning it hasn't even started filming)

"The Red Dragon" - could be interesting to see if they can improve on "Manhunter". "The Red Dragon" was always my favourite book in the Lecter series.

... and that's all I can think of. I'm sure there's more.

*throws a hardcover copy of RED DRAGON at Remi-O* Manhunter is my favorate movie out of Manhunter, The Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal! I think it was magnificent (then again so were the other two), I plan to read the books sometime to.

=mek=
 1.21 Jigawatts?
12-18-2001, 7:26 AM
Indy 4
Monkey Island
Back to the future 4

but I'd really love to see another Office Space film,
although it would be difficult to do again.
 Snootch
12-18-2001, 2:36 PM
Sam'n'Max movie would be cool.
 Haggis
12-18-2001, 4:53 PM
I saw trailers of "Monsters Inc." and "Ice Age". Veeeeery good graphics, veeeeeery funny. I'd like to see them.
 Flirbnic
12-18-2001, 4:54 PM
I don't want a Monkey Island movie. It would end up being a stupid cartoon with EMI-like "humour". If it's not a cartoon and it's true to the first two games, then I'd like it.

I would like to see a Myst movie... And a Snow Crash movie.
 Schmatz
12-18-2001, 4:58 PM
Yeah, but the Myst movie might be better with a story with more characters in a not-so-empty world.
 Flirbnic
12-18-2001, 5:00 PM
Myst already has an excellent, detailed story with lots of characters and an interesting world.
 Schmatz
12-18-2001, 5:03 PM
Well, if they made a movie of the first Myst, there would be... you,you,you,you,you and the guys in the books. They would be a HUGE part of the story, but they wouldn't be on screen too much.
 Flirbnic
12-18-2001, 5:10 PM
If they did the first game, they'd obviously have to do something creative with it... they'd have to expand on it, perhaps even depicting the things in the books.
 The Adventurer
12-18-2001, 5:29 PM
Not being made but should be

Super Smash Bros. The Movie- Totaly animated and true the charicters gaming roots.

Indy 4-oh wait thats Fate of Atlantise so Indy 5, no wait thats infernale machine. Bah!

A Back to the Future Prequel

Loom
 Meksilon
12-18-2001, 7:14 PM
OHH, OHH, GUYS!! In Hannibal when the itialian detective is at his computer and logs in to view the FBI's 10 most wanted... the screen zooms in on Usama Bin Laden before moving down on a few others and revealing Hannibal Lecter.

I just thought you guys sould know, and didn't know where else to put it, what an up-to-date movie!

=mek=
 JollyRoger
12-18-2001, 8:45 PM
-lord of the rings

has anyone read those myst books?
ive read the first and some of the second (theres 3 in total)
they should make a movie about them,:D

:x-wing:
:vsd:
 Flirbnic
12-18-2001, 9:09 PM
Yes, I read the first book twice, and I read the second book... I started reading the third book, but didn't get very far.
 Schmatz
12-18-2001, 9:11 PM
Originally posted by Flirbnic
Yes, I read the first book twice, and I read the second book... I started reading the third book, but didn't get very far.
We're they movie quality? If so, then make them into movies.. ;)
 JiveMonkey
12-19-2001, 4:25 PM
Ok here we go (in no particular order)....

-Star Wars: Episodes VII, VIII, and IX: The Timothy Zahn "Heir to the Empire" Trilogy :thrawn:
-Ghostbusters 3 (Ain't gonna happen)
-Back to the Future sequel/prequel
-Indy 4
-The Goonies 2
-Aliens 5 :D
-Gremlins 3
-Jurassic Park 4 (make up for crappy JP3)
-Wargames 2.0
-Batman Prequel
andddd....
-The Black Hole 2
 scabb
12-19-2001, 4:53 PM
I will only post movies that are possibilities. A monkey island movie would suck unless it had an extremely comical edge (* scabb awaits abuse)

Lord Of the Rings, Of Course :)
Spiderman (Or has that been fully cancelled)
Daredevil, and all the other crappy Marvel Comics Movies
erm...The Simpsons Movie (they say it WILL happen at some point)
......and the latest Pokemon Movie where he captures a new pokemon and wins and I learn lots of morals like friendship :D
 JiveMonkey
12-19-2001, 5:03 PM
Originally posted by scabb

Spiderman (Or has that been fully cancelled)

Oh dear dear dear are you ever so wrong....Spiderman is turning out to look like one of the best comic adaptions in a long while. Check out the COOOOOL new trailer here (http://www.apple.com/trailers/columbia/spiderman/). It's coming out sometime in May next year.
 1.21 Jigawatts?
12-19-2001, 5:41 PM
Originally posted by scabb

Lord Of the Rings, Of Course :)

I saw Fellowship of the Rings this afternoon,
and it was excellent.
Very well made,
and a lot closer to the book than I thought it would be.

Also, considering the high expectations I had of it,
it met them quite well.

I still love the Ralph Bakshi animated version though.
 Meksilon
12-20-2001, 6:32 AM
A list of movies I want to see:

Attack of the Clones
Fellowship of the Ring, The
Spiderman (I LOVED the comics for so long)
Terminator 3: The Rise of the Machines *droolz*
X-Men II

=mek=
 Lemon Head
12-20-2001, 6:32 AM
I thought the myth books were superb, i reckon they could be successfully transformed onto the screen if done correctly. If it was done i think it would come out as a thinker/atmosphere film rather than any action-esque thing - and be all the better for it. It could be the only game-2-movie that was worth seeing (except the street fighter 2 manga - that's well good)

a Monkey island film would suck though, i mean if you look at the quality of game/movie conversions so far it would SO not work, they'd cock it up beyond all reckognition. I reckon Sam n Max would have more chance of being a success if they based the humour and plots around true purcellism
 Trapezoid
12-20-2001, 11:25 AM
What have all the game-2-movie conversions been though? Tomb Raider, Mario Brothers, Mortal Kombat...
Now compare THOSE games' plots with Monkey Island's plot.
Which seems more natural for a movie?

A Monkey Island movie wouldn't have to be based on the game, it would be based on the plot and characters. A lot of movies get their plots from books... "Monkey Island" would be a cool pirate movie, that's how people would view it, not as a movie based on a game like Tomb Raider.
 raVen_image
12-20-2001, 11:44 AM
"Fellowship of the Ring" lived up to my expectations. :)

Except...

They left out one of my favorite lines from Gandalf...
"Do not temp the patience of a wizard ....for they are subtle, and quick to anger" (One of my favorite quotable lines, ever.)

On the other hand...
The scene where the Ring-Wrath was searching for the ring, right above Frodo and the hobbits as they hid under a log, will be remembered, by me, as one of the most frightening, suspenseful scenes ever filmed.
 scabb
12-20-2001, 3:51 PM
If any LEC game was to be made into a movie, then Id choose Grim Fandango, not those stupid Star Wars games...
 Trapezoid
12-20-2001, 5:02 PM
Originally posted by raVen_image
"Fellowship of the Ring" lived up to my expectations. :)

Except...

They left out one of my favorite lines from Gandalf...
"Do not temp the patience of a wizard ....for they are subtle, and quick to anger" (One of my favorite quotable lines, ever.)

On the other hand...
The scene where the Ring-Wrath was searching for the ring, right above Frodo and the hobbits as they hid under a log, will be remembered, by me, as one of the most frightening, suspenseful scenes ever filmed.

Heh, I just got back from seeing LotR...
The scariest part was when Bilbo went psycho for a moment when Frodo wouldn't give him the ring. Large Marge-esque.
Page: 1 of 1