Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Adventure Game Development Team ASSEMBLE!!!!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 The Adventurer
12-16-2001, 12:17 AM
I'm looking a few good men/women to help me on my Ameture adventure game project. I need decated people to help me make my dream a reality. I have the plot all set what I realy need are Artists, animators, and people who know how to put adventure games to gether. Anyone who is interested post here or PM me!
 Gabez
12-16-2001, 8:07 AM
Bah.
 The Adventurer
12-16-2001, 9:22 AM
Bah?....BAH!?......What's that sopposed to mean!! :mad:
 Darnn
12-17-2001, 1:08 AM
bah (bд, b)
interj.
Used to express impatient rejection or contempt.
 Chuzwuzza
12-17-2001, 4:09 AM
What engine are you going to use? Or are you programming your own?

(I've started development on my own engine. Unlike all the other failed free adventure game engines, this one i'm making NOT to be user friendly or for Joe Public to make a game. I'm making it so I can make a game, anyone else who wants to use it, thats fine with me ;))
 pigsfl3w
12-17-2001, 10:19 AM
I would really like to help out... what kind of help do you need?
 The Adventurer
12-17-2001, 2:37 PM
Well I'm mostly looking for background artists charicter artists and animators. And people who know how to make adventure games. I your interested I'll post my consept.
 dark spirit
12-17-2001, 2:51 PM
I'm also working on an adventure game at the moment it's a monkey island one with murray as the main character!
 pigsfl3w
12-17-2001, 3:06 PM
I'm still interested for sure. I don't have much experience in the way of making adventure games but I play them a lot and am a fast learner. Anyway, please put your concept somewhere. Also, email me at pigsflew3000@hotmail.com if you have any openings.
 Gabez
12-17-2001, 3:09 PM
God, I'm really tired!
 Schmatz
12-17-2001, 4:18 PM
Originally posted by Gabez
God, I'm really tired!
Was there any reason to say that?

I can draw... but I'd need to know what type of settings and what characters there would be. But, I know absolutely NOTHING about programming, so I can't help you there.
 Chuzwuzza
12-17-2001, 10:00 PM
Well like I stated above, I'm starting work on a free adventure game engine for windows and linux. It will be 2D only btw, I detest 3d ;)
Like I said above also, I'm *not* planning to make a nice happy user-friendly Devlopment Environment where you can just click a button and an object will get added to a room. You will have to learn the simple scripting language i'm creating for it. It's not that difficult though, Here's a brief example of what you'd have to do to get 2 characters to say something

ActorTalk(1,"Hello!",2)
ActorTalk(2,"Fancy seeing you here...",8)
ActorWalkTo(350,420,1)
ActorTalk(2,"Why'd you walk over there?",20)
ActorTalk(1,"I have no idea...",4)

see, it's all fairly self-explanatory.
Lemme know if anyone's interested
 The Adventurer
12-18-2001, 3:11 PM
Ok heres my three Ideas i'm desiding on.

Zane Wreakman's InterDimentional Adventure

Young Zane Wreakman is wisked off to another dimention where Physics are all different; space has a breath able atmosphear, planets are only 100 miles around, the sun is not hot, rivers are made of electricity. See there are 2 planets, Madness and Reason, Madness is a world poulated by a rather odd bunch while Reason is populated by humans who, like Zane, were warped to this dimention. Zane is charged with saveing Madness from the Reason blimp armada that the power mad reason ruler is sending to eliminate the Madites.

Sky High

Rebeca Flare is an ex-US Navy pilot who, in the wake of the colapes of the United States during the great deprestion in the 1920s, flys cargo planes from the sea port of Twin Bays, Alaska. Along her adventures she'll have to deal with Sky Pirates, a Soviot invation force, and busness men trying to buy her bussness out from under her. and all the while trying to make her deliverys on time.

Drones

Barry 23 is a robot office worker, built simply to work while humans live the high life. With no vaction, no pay, and no breaks Barry's fed up with his job. But while trying to find some way out he discovers a web of coruption that runs deeper that any of his robot and human friends ever guessed.

One of thems gonna be my gamesome feed back would help in the disition.
 Schmatz
12-18-2001, 4:09 PM
the first one is making me puke due to confusion
second one would require a timing thing to get all the packages to a certain place at a certain time, as in a game in a game, and might be annoying,
I like the last one best. Definately sounds like a true adventure game ;)
 Chuzwuzza
12-18-2001, 11:55 PM
the last one vaugely reminds me of grim fandango ;)
 Meksilon
12-19-2001, 12:13 AM
Chuzwuzza, with an engine like that you could make commercial quality games if you had the *cough* right team. We could make a Monkey Island spin-off called... um, er... Moneky-Head-Island with characters like... Melaine Fairtie, Guybush Treehouse, WALLY and LeMuck. And then we could sell it for... oh AUD$15/copy! And you can call your engine SCUMMM (Script Creation Utility for Making Monkey Men). Ehehehehehe, and I can do the backgrounds!

=mek=
 Chuzwuzza
12-19-2001, 3:46 AM
Meksilon: sounds like a plan

I'll get the mustard, you get the bioled spinach. Meet me at the clocktower in 15 minutes.

err, waitaminute...
no seriously though, that does sound cool (if we make it a little less lucasarts-could-sue-our-pants-off like. :)
 Meksilon
12-19-2001, 5:55 AM
LEC couldn't touch us becuase we'd never use actual character names or locatianl names. You know, like James Bond guys can't touch Austin Powers...

=mek=
 Chuzwuzza
12-19-2001, 8:45 AM
true true

/me strokes the beard he doesn't have in a devious fasion
 Trapezoid
12-19-2001, 9:26 AM
What if all the other named-changed Monkey Island-parody-spinoffs sued you though? Brother Island, etc.
 dark spirit
12-19-2001, 2:56 PM
To The adventurer
a few spelling tips
dimention=dimension
saveing=saving
soviot=soviet
breath able=breathable
atmosphear=atmosphere

nice ideas though mind!
 Schmatz
12-19-2001, 7:43 PM
speliing? who the heel neds spellng? Bah.
 Lemon Head
12-20-2001, 5:54 AM
that first idea was very toon-struck-ish (a superb adventure) and could be interesting if it was worked out a bit more.

Yes, the third idea is more like 'traditional adventure' but you're only referring to the story line and having a traditional storyline is stupid cos everyone would make the same game.
Page: 1 of 1