Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Do you think episode 2 will be good?

Page: 1 of 1
 JollyRoger
12-09-2001, 1:44 AM
My freind was saying episode 2 and 3 will be much better.
(it was just something he said, he didnt really have any reasons why)
i hope it will be good, i mean, its a whole new trilogy of star wars, its gotta be good.

anyway, what do you think?
 ProfessorYoda
12-09-2001, 4:00 AM
I don't think; I just take my money and buy my ticket :) . Seriously, it seems like GL has taken many of the criticisms of TPM to heart so it's quite possible that we'll see some noticeable improvement, IMO. Only time will tell, though.
 Jake
12-09-2001, 4:38 AM
Herr Lucas has said time and again that he doesn't take outside criticism and just makes the films he wants to make (read: for his kids), but it seems that he might have bent to the critics a bit with EP II. That or we're all being lied to. For instance, everyone is praising the fact that Jar Jar isn't really in the trailers -- but remember that at the end of Ep I he was promoted to some sort of military position. Therefore he'll probably be actually playing a real role in the *actual* story, not just screwing around knocking things over. God it still hurts that both of the big "battles" in Ep 1 were won by accidents caused by the stories 2 most idiotic characters.

But anyway, what about that Grim Fandango, eh? Great game!
 Metallus
12-09-2001, 4:53 AM
Speaking of which (I think), I hope Manny Calavera returns in Attack of the Clones; he made a nice addition to Phantom Menace, I think.
 Jake
12-09-2001, 4:58 AM
Yes. I also hope to see the E.T.'s again.
 Marek
12-09-2001, 7:33 AM
There is an Episode 2 trailer??
 Erwin_Br
12-09-2001, 7:44 AM
Hmm... I remember George Lucas saying that people most likely won't enjoy Episode ][ but that he won't care because it's just how he wants the trilogy to be. He also said that he thinks Episode ]|[ will be most popular compared with Episode | and ][.

I can't remember if I read it in a magazine or if I saw it on TV, but I'm sure that's what he said...

--Erwin
 raVen_image
12-09-2001, 12:04 PM
I think that george is following a self-imposed pattern:

SW: A New Hope and Phantom Menace were both made simple, story-wise. They speak more to the child in us, rather than getting bogged down in serious issues.

SW: Empire Strikes Back was a more serious, imposing, and spiritual story and ended on a dark-note. I think that Attack of the Clones will do the same.
 Schmatz
12-09-2001, 12:07 PM
I hope it does the same, cause I'd REALLY hate to judge the movie by it's cover. I'm sorry, but the name Attack of the Clones is disturbing. Can anyone say 1950s?
 sheaday6
12-09-2001, 12:18 PM
I know, it kind of sounds like an Ed Wood movie or something
 Schmatz
12-09-2001, 12:24 PM
My point exactly. Thank God Lucas didn't make Leonardo DeCraprio as Anakin, or I mighta even boycotted the movie!
I hope it allows you to gain more hatred for the bad guy, cause I never really 'hated' Darth Maul, cause he never did anything worng. I mean Vader killed those guys on the Corillean ship, and the JAWAS!!! He deserved to die right then and there.
 raVen_image
Originally posted by Schmatz
I hope it does the same, cause I'd REALLY hate to judge the movie by it's cover. I'm sorry, but the name Attack of the Clones is disturbing. Can anyone say 1950s?
Actually, I can say 1930s. Specifically, the titles for the old Flash Gordon serials.

Yes, AOC is a campy title...but can you say that "The Empire Strikes Back" isn't? ..."The Phantom Menace"? When you think about it, all of the titles are cheesy ...even the name "Star Wars" is loaded with cheese. This is what George wanted from the beginning. His intent was to pay homage to the earlier Flash Gordon/Buck Rogers flicks.

"Attack of the Clones" is perfectly in keeping with this style. It fits.
 Gabez
Heh, when my friend first told me it would be called "Attack of the clones", I thought it was joke.

I saw a trailer on Saturday for Episode II, and it actually looked quite good. It seemed to be centering much more on a kind of love story rather than anything else, but there were still enough big explosions to keep me satisfied.

And call me Mr Kerazy, but I actually quite enjoyed Episode

1.:darth:
 sheaday6
12-09-2001, 12:28 PM
isn't it susposed to be some sort of a love story?
 Lemon Head
12-09-2001, 4:32 PM
Originally posted by raVen_image
All the stuff I said about the star wars cheese content
I couldn't agree more, we only accept the original SW titles because they're etched so heavily into our culture but TBH they really are queazily cheese-filled, the stuffed crust of the film industry - but that's what makes them so quaint

top man, raven, for giving your contrary opinion
 JollyRoger
12-09-2001, 5:41 PM
to marek:
i think there are a few out, you can get them at apple.com somewhere

and where is manny in episode1?
is he in the aduence somewhere?

thanks
 Lemon Head
12-09-2001, 6:04 PM
there was a pic of it on mojo once, perhaps some nice bored murmadon (not me) will fish it out for you

besides i seem to recall it was denied to be manny at all - i dont think it looked much like him anyway *muble grumle you crazy kids grumble*
 The Dogfuchow
12-09-2001, 7:07 PM
I haven't seen any material from Ep2, I've strayed away from the previews and stuff too....

as far as I'm concerned, it just hopefully will be better than Episode 1.. which I absolutely.. hated.. and it premiered on my birthday, too.. what a present.

So, we can only hope Episode 2 will be good, but who knows the next two films will ever be in the same league as Episodes 4-6.
 glottis42
12-09-2001, 8:00 PM
I think everyone is going to enjoy Episode 2 a lot more than the pile of crap that was TPM. I say that because after that our expectations are lower. Atleast mine are.

Also going back to Jar Jar. From what ive heard he only has a cameo in the movie, nothing more.
 Schmatz
12-09-2001, 8:10 PM
That cameo better be him falling off a Naboo cliff.

Also, now that I see it, all the names are kinda cheesy. But, this one REALLY cuts the cheese of all of them, simply because I think there was a movie named that before. I dunno...

All I know is it's prolly gonna be good. From rumors, I can't wait to see Boba Fett's story. That would rock.
 Natty
12-09-2001, 8:16 PM
I've already been making fun of the movie- I've seen the preview of it on the net and when I saw Harry Pothead (only saw that coz the episode2 trailor was with HP)

JarJar is now a big boss kinda thingie- he's a chancelor, but yeah I think he only has a cameo :( My no no da day started out pweddy okiday wif da sunnup me munchin clams den BOOM meekiniks comin everywhichway and me gettin berry scared grapped quigonn and POW mesa here :)

Amidala gets the whole Princess Leia earmuff hair going, whooooooooooo thankgod we didn't have that in Phantom Menace, and even makes the stupid comment of "Ani? Is that you? You've grown up so much" Like duh- the movie is supposed to take place at least 10years after Phantom Menace- I doubt he'd look like a lil boy anymore

Oh and Anikan blames Obiwan for his love life :rolleyes: I'm sorry, I find that a tad sad- it's the price you pay for being a jedi (although I don't see why you shouldn't be able to love- like hello? isn't that bsaically good? I woulda thought so, but oh well, each to his/her own)
 Meksilon
12-10-2001, 3:17 AM
Natty you're such a child. For starters JarJar is like the ewoks - he's not THAT significant. Phantom Menace really set the scene for what the galexy was like before A New Hope, and it's going to be interesting to see how Anikin takes his future role.

=mek=
 Natty
12-10-2001, 3:53 AM
Originally posted by Meksilon
Natty you're such a child. For starters JarJar is like the ewoks - he's not THAT significant. Phantom Menace really set the scene for what the galexy was like before A New Hope, and it's going to be interesting to see how Anikin takes his future role.

=mek=

Yes and I happened to like the ewoks, is that a problem? I also happened to like JarJar, besides, if it wasn't for the ewoks, Luke, Han and Leia woulda been blown up by the stormtroopers, technically the lil fuzzballs saved em by hijacking the (it escapes me what it's called now, the big thingies) and blowing them up with big logs n stuff. Do you really think that Chewy, Leia, Han, C3PO, R2D2 and Luke could have done that on their own? Especially being out numbered. Sheeeeeeeesh it's called an opinion. I love StarWars pretty much as much as the next person on here, but jesus, lighten up, you can't take things too seriously.
 Lemon Head
12-10-2001, 5:01 AM
I think there was a movie named that before. I dunno...
I think the second space quest game was something about clones too - ironic really seeing as sierra owned the adventure market for decades and now lucas arts is king

originally posted by natty
(it escapes me what it's called now, the big thingies)
AT-STs

Anyway can everyone just relax, if this turns into a big flame war i'm gonna beat all your sweet and sour fried chicken asses - and i mean it
 raVen_image
12-10-2001, 9:43 AM
Originally posted by Natty
Amidala gets the whole Princess Leia earmuff hair going, whooooooooooo thankgod we didn't have that in Phantom Menace, and even makes the stupid comment of "Ani? Is that you? You've grown up so much" Like duh- the movie is supposed to take place at least 10years after Phantom Menace- I doubt he'd look like a lil boy anymore
Like in most movies...some things are said for the audience's benefit. Perhaps, it wont be clear to us that 10 years have passed...after all, Amidala still looks pre-twenties.

As for the "earmuff hair", I would have been disappointed if Amidala was not shown sporting that look at least once. Like mother, like daughter, eh?

Oh and Anikan blames Obiwan for his love life :rolleyes: I'm sorry, I find that a tad sad...
Seems perfectly in keeping with what we've learned about the Jedi order. Love is a strong emotion and that would cloud your mind from the living force. Perhaps love is basically good (I have my own thoughts on this) but there are many poets that would liken it to a "fever" that consumes your Good-Judgement.

Over all, It's hard to judge a movie by a two-minute preview. Taking the pieces of certain scenes, The Empire Strikes Back could have been made to look like a love-story between Han and Leia, whereas in the movie, this was only a small side-story.
 JollyRoger
12-10-2001, 8:06 PM
Wasent the new trilogy originaly going to be about the droids? (i dont mean a recent desicion, but a long time ago)
I think that would of been great, i love the droids.
:r2d2:
(and i really hated anakin)
:tsk: (heh, it looks like hes flicking you off)
 Natty
12-10-2001, 8:25 PM
Well I guess the earmuff hair is to kinda show she's Leia's mother or something, I dunno but I did find it kinda funny (I'm sad I know)

From what I remember reading on the net when the prequals were announced, episodes 1,2 and 3 are supposed to lead up to how Anikan became Darth Vader and all that, although I could be wrong, but I did read somewhere that's what the prequals were gonna focus on
 raVen_image
12-10-2001, 8:29 PM
Originally posted by JollyRoger
Wasent the new trilogy originaly going to be about the droids?
As I remember it: The droids were going to be the only characters to appear in all nine films, not that they were ever going to be central to the storyline...just casual observers.

Now, I doubt that there will be more than six films which means that Obi-wan and Vader/Anakin will also appear in all six, as well.
 The Dogfuchow
12-10-2001, 10:20 PM
I think everyone is going to enjoy Episode 2 a lot more than the pile of crap that was TPM. I say that because after that our expectations are lower. Atleast mine are.

Probably, not to mention if there's no Jar Jar and no Jake Lloyd, it shall probably be much better...
 Darnn
12-11-2001, 11:19 AM
It's AnAkIn! ANAKIN!
 raVen_image
12-11-2001, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by The Dogfuchow

Probably, not to mention if there's no Jar Jar and no Jake Lloyd, it shall probably be much better...
Indeed. Let the Droids be the comedy relief. Unfortunately, Jar Jar will have a part in the next movie. Fortunately, it's supposed to be short.

I would have loved to see Haley Joel Osment ( the kid from Sixth Sence and Pay It Forward) play that part of Anakin. Something tells me that the Anakin-story would have meant more to me with a child that can ACT! The only emotion I derived from Lloyd's scenes came from John Williams' music.

Of course, he had terrible dialog as well. "So long Threepio, you've been a GREAT pal" and the sphincter-locking: "Now THIS is podracing ...whoohoooo". I'm really not sure who to blame when it came to Lloyd's performance.

Who's the more foolish, the actor, or the writer that gave him the lines?
 JollyRoger
12-11-2001, 3:08 PM
Originally posted by raVen_image

I would have loved to see Haley Joel Osment ( the kid from Sixth Sence and Pay It Forward) play that part of Anakin

that would of been a great choice.
anakin was one of the reasons i didnt like episode 1
 JollyRoger
12-11-2001, 3:18 PM
I'd REALLY hate to judge the movie by it's cover.

I dont like judging movies by there covers either, i mean, i havent seen the trailers or anything, i was just wondering what others thought about it.
but i guess i should of thought of that before i posted. do'h!
:biggs: :luke: :wedge:
 Jake
12-11-2001, 3:24 PM
Where was it confirmed, or even strongly rumored that Jar Jar has a "small role" or "cameo?"

He's in the trailers more than once if I'm not mistaken, and in more than one scene/location, which would probably imply that he's in the film a lot, but was cut from the trailers to appease people like us.

And the posters and titles of the trailers, and George himself in TV interviews have said that EP II is for the most part a love story. Thankfully though the action scenes in the trailer don't look dull like EP1's.
 raVen_image
12-11-2001, 3:36 PM
Originally posted by Jake
Where was it confirmed, or even strongly rumored that Jar Jar has a "small role" or "cameo?"

This is by no means a confirmation...but it's a pretty reliable rumour source:

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?action=getstory&storyID=2779)

Jar Jar has been elevated to the Senate as a representative for the Gungan people of Naboo. The scenes in the senate (according to starwars.com) are short and mostly take place at the beginning of the film.

http://www.theforce.net/episode2/storyline/)

These are spoiler-free links...but lead to more spoilers, so watch your step if you don't like peeking ahead
Page: 1 of 1