Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Finding good games on zone

Page: 1 of 1
 porkins14
10-25-2001, 3:45 PM
Can someone give me advice on finding good games on the zone?? When i go usually half of the good players have their games locked and i cant get in. I consider myself a good player, but I do not have websites and am not involved with websites and clans and stuff so i dont know anyone. I just want some competitive games with joining a clan or something. Any advice???
 WC_heavyarms
10-25-2001, 5:33 PM
AU_heavyarms, and the rest of the AU_clan.
 porkins14
10-25-2001, 5:49 PM
will they play me?? Cuz a lof of people in clans just lock their rooms and wait for people they know. It ***
 Admiral Thrawn
10-25-2001, 7:05 PM
You can join Age Nobles (http://www.bestaok.com/) , we are a AoC clan, so be ready to once and a while to play AOC.
Here is our
Forum (http://pub16.ezboard.com/bageace)
 EndSub
10-26-2001, 12:14 AM
Good Games?!?!? On the Zone?!?!? Are You CRAZY :D

Try and go for titles like "long game", "No dropping","No monument" (if thats your thing ;) ) these are the people that actully want a long, good game. But these are few and far inbetween.......you would be better off joining a clan, or getting some peeps from these boards IM tags. :)
 Lord Tirion
10-26-2001, 1:53 AM
Now you know why I formed my own guild =P
 Com Raven
10-26-2001, 7:59 AM
How about making a thread were we list our Zone Friends names ??:amidala:
 Admiral Thrawn
10-26-2001, 8:43 AM
That sounds like a good idea, do it in the ip room or in the offtopic.
 JEDI_MASTA
10-27-2001, 8:38 AM
ok iv never had a problem on the zone most of the rooms i just go into rookie rooms and their usually all inter xperts so u get a good game if u go into an inter xpert room their usually rookies :rolleyes: just a zone hint
 Com Raven
10-27-2001, 8:55 AM
Yup, that'S a good formula Masta :D
 AoErat
10-27-2001, 10:12 AM
Actually, from my experience "Expert" games ususally contain Experts. Rookies who enter these games destroy the team balance and totally ruin the game. Please do not enter Expert-marked games if you are not one.
 Emowilli
10-27-2001, 12:27 PM
Well I've been in several expert games...even with the hosting initally booting me for not knowing me. For the most part, I would rate them as intermediate players. I think people use the expert term a little to flipantly. I'm up to about 60 games played and I can count the number of "expert" players on one hand. But compared to all the newbies on the zone I guess they feel they are experts :-).

Think it's bad now? Wait until the full game comes out! "Dad get me the Star Wars Game!"

Emo
 jeffdark
10-27-2001, 1:55 PM
porkins! hey! i played against you! i didn't know you posted here :eek: I'm UA_Jeffdark0 or just plain Jeffdark0....it's hard to find a gema where people won't drop out just after you launch.:mad: :(
 Knights_Q2
10-27-2001, 6:37 PM
There are not many good players out there right now.

The DC clan is good and most people in JK are good too. Some AU's are pretty good, but not all.

Non clan members who are good are Sweetsasymalasy, WD_Arcticblade, and maybe a few others.

But there are usually a few DC's and JK's on, so try to to get a game going with them.
 DarthTenor
10-27-2001, 8:43 PM
You know I see games titled Good players High resources and revealed maps all the time. You think you can find a decent game with standard resources or standard settings. You're right there are a lot of new players out there. I've played alot of games. and have yet to be defeated handedly. I've been told i am a good player there are some players that look for me when I'm on the zone. Yet I still have a lot to learn. Espescially if I want to do a t1/t2 rush.
 JEDI_MASTA
10-28-2001, 10:22 AM
here is a hint

if your hosting set the max players at 5 for a 2v2 game 3 for a 1v1 game and 7 for a 3v3 game so one can drop out and u still have enough to play:D
Page: 1 of 1