Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

AutoCAD....firend or foe

Page: 1 of 1
 CaptainRAVE
07-15-2001, 8:15 PM
AutoCad is currently on my system. But i cant decide if i like it or not. Actually i cant think what to do with it. Anyone here got it and do stuff with it :confused:
 bsbuckeye21
07-16-2001, 12:46 AM
I had a class over AutoCAD (Release 14) last year. We mainly did 2d stuff, but it was fun none-the-less. It's been a while, but you can try and ask me a question. :) (And what's up with your sig?)
 Chewie_Rips
07-16-2001, 8:40 PM
Well, unless you are a building planner or architech, AutoCAD is not the best tool...but it all depends on what you are using it for??? Let me know, and I can hopefully shed some light on the subject, as the company I work for does consulting and training on AutoCAD R-14 and 2000....I hope to be of some help for you! :eek:
 acdcfanbill
07-17-2001, 10:48 PM
ya, i used some AutoCad r14 and 2000 in shop class at school, but the REALLY cool **** was tinkering with 3d MAX and Charcter Studio!! i could get used to those programs, when i started with JED i scoffed at the lack of interactivity. im hoping i'll get to do more of 3d max at college. anyway, back to autocad, its alright, nice for 2d stuff, but unless your an engineer, or a do-it-yourself-er what are you useing it for?
 GonkH8er
07-19-2001, 5:41 AM
i havent had that much experience with autocad, but ill tell ya what IS fun. archicad.

photoshop, max and viz are what i usually use when im bored :)
 CaptainRAVE
07-21-2001, 8:59 AM
I've just got it on my computer. Its fun playing about with it, but its just wasting space cause i havnt got anything to do on it.
Page: 1 of 1