Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Yuuzhan Vong!

Page: 1 of 1
 Tom
06-21-2001, 8:24 PM
I dunno how many people on the forum actually read the expanded universe novels, but if you do, well then good for you! The Yuuzhan Vong are a so much better enemy than the empire, or at least now that Thrawn died and daala had cocked up a treat. They have everything - Mystery, intriege, power struggles, self mutilation, what else can a villian want, or even need? Yeah, they definately rule. I think that there should be a computer game with them as the enemy rather than the poxy Trade Federation.
 CaptainRAVE
06-21-2001, 8:30 PM
He speaks soooo much sense!!
 Tom
06-21-2001, 8:58 PM
alex do you even know who the yuuzhan vong are? i didn't think you had got that far in the series yet!
ah well
Tom
 TheJackal_jk2
06-21-2001, 10:08 PM
I have some of the books, but I don't like them. The Yuuzhan Vong were sorta borring me. Sure they more powerful and could be the biggest thing to hit the New Republic. However, to me it seems like an attempt to revive an old TV show that isn't any good.

I mean... it sounds and looks too StarTrek-ish. The New Jedi Order book seem like they had nothing else do write about. So they killed of an important character (which I will not name if some people don't know about it or haven't accepted it yet :D) and slaped in it a lot of Jedi dying and killing.

[ June 21, 2001: Message edited by: TheJackal ]
 Vagabond
06-22-2001, 1:45 AM
I agree with you, TheJackal. I read lots of the Expanded Universe novels, and the YV books are by far the worst. I can't believe they had the nerve to kill (you-know-who). That alone was enough reason for me to stop reading that storyline. I find the whole thing rather absurd.
 CaptainRAVE
06-22-2001, 4:07 PM
I cant be bothered to read anymore either. Im just gonna finish reading the Black Fleet Crisis.
 Sherack Nhar
06-22-2001, 7:39 PM
No! The death of You-know-who was pretty well done, and it shows how much the Yuuzhan Vong are a threat to our heroes.

Although I must agree, they do sound a bit more Star Trek than Star Wars.

Black Fleet Crisis sucks. The whole Akannah-White Current thing is too farfetched. The white current is just a copy of the Force. But I like the Yevethan parts. I like their code of honor, etc.

Of course, the Black Fleet Crisis will never compare to the ultimate suckiness of Barbara Hambly's SW books :D
 Mafia_Jabba
06-23-2001, 12:56 PM
Who did they kill?
 Tom
06-23-2001, 3:54 PM
Okay, well maybe it is A little too Star Trek ish but i don't know, it seems to be quite interesting, watching all our favourite heros deal with a new menace that isn't the empire, i found the whole 'empire get a new general and a load more ships and strike at the new republic who start to lose and then Han/Luke/leia/chewie/lando/r2-d3/c-3po go on a special mission and beat the new leader silly' routine a little bit repetitive and it needed a little sprucing up. Timothy Zahn's Hand of Thrawn dualogy was an amazing ending to Bantham's stewardship of the saga. But i found Episode1 so disapointing that i will read anything that has our old favourite characters in it (minus you-know-who).
 Mafia_Jabba
06-23-2001, 11:00 PM
who dies guys cmon? Luke?
 CaptainRAVE
06-24-2001, 7:56 AM
You-know-who isnt it??

[ June 25, 2001: Message edited by: Vagabond ]
 Sherack Nhar
06-24-2001, 6:48 PM
Will you guys SHUT UP for those who didn't read it...

I'm sorry but respect those who did not read the books yet. :mad:
 Mafia_Jabba
06-24-2001, 10:34 PM
If they didn't read it..then they shouldn't read the posting right?
 Boba Rhett
06-24-2001, 10:41 PM
Jabba has a point but we still all should be using spoiler alerts in our posts. :)
 Mafia_Jabba
06-24-2001, 11:13 PM
yea
 ESE_Sithlord
06-25-2001, 5:19 AM
lol keep such and read it ya self man I have read it and I know who dies just Read it ya self! :mad: :mad:
Page: 1 of 1