Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Info On Episode II

Page: 1 of 1
 Nyghtfall
06-14-2001, 3:58 PM
I just finished reading a very informative article on Episode II, on IGN.com's web site. Here's the link:
http://filmforce.ign.com/starwars/articles/300539p1.html)
 Sherack Nhar
06-14-2001, 4:43 PM
Very informative indeed!

I like the idea of mature Jar Jar. I always thought that the character has potential.

Will we see a Senator Jar Jar? :eek:
 Nyghtfall
06-14-2001, 5:25 PM
I dunno... whenever I think of a "mature" Jar Jar, I hear a cross between Yoda and the Priest from "The Princess Bride":

"Meesa feah leads to anguh. Meesa anguh leads to hate. Meesa hate leads to the Dawk Side. That's why meesa Light Jedi!"

Personally, I'm with millions of other SW fans, I hate Jar Jar. But, kids love 'im, and they're all Lucas really cares about - besides telling the story the way he wants it told.

Of course, if he were a Jedi, we could always get lucky and see him slice his own face off when he ignites his lightsaber while into the emitter.

"Wow... pwetty!"

::PSSHHVOO::

"ACK!"

::thud::

Jar Jar dead!

hehehe

[ June 14, 2001: Message edited by: Nyghtfall ]
 Darth Simpson
06-15-2001, 2:01 AM
Interesting read.

Thanks for the heads-up!

As for Jar-Jar, he has no chance of redeeming ( sp? ) himself after Episode 1. ;)
 Letalis
06-15-2001, 12:28 PM
Jar Jar MUST die!

I've heard all the arguments for his inclusion: "He's for the kiddies..." and so on, but really, if kids are gonna get stuck into SW, don't we want it for real reasons? Not just the attraction of a single, retarded, floppy-eard, Gungan?

I apologise for heading a bit OT. :)
 Sherack Nhar
06-15-2001, 3:55 PM
I think Jar Jar can be a good mature character, just like Captain Tarpals.

Don't forget that Episode 2 is set 10 years after TPM (since Anakin is 19 years old) so I'm sure his clumsy accent won't be there in Episode 2.
 ed_silvergun
06-15-2001, 4:03 PM
The fact of the matter is, however, that Lucas originally created Star Wars as a kids' fairytale in space. He never intended it to become a serious or semi-serious sci-fi, and certainly did not expect it to get the adult following it has. This unforseen success was incidental. It would therefore be a betrayal/contradiction of the basic Star Wars ethos to make it too esoteric.
 Sherack Nhar
06-15-2001, 10:28 PM
I know that, but somehow you have to move on, especially when your original idea dates back 20+ years ago!

The majority of Star Wars fans are expecting something a little more mature. Besides, all this senatorial stuff, and the upcoming "tragedy"... this ain't for kids anymore...
Page: 1 of 1