Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JK2 EDITING WITH Gmax

Page: 1 of 1
 Cox
06-30-2001, 5:00 AM
Has any of you heard of the (editin games) plug-in gmax for 3d studio max, if you have do you thing they will do that with JK2. If so will it be easy or/and good.
 Archie
06-30-2001, 9:37 PM
It's not a plug-in, it's a stand alone application. It was recently demostrated doing Q3A .map work, so if Raven decide to support it, it will be supported. It's not too hard, it's basically writting an entity list, but it depends on GMax's mass market acceptance.
 Kurgan
06-30-2001, 11:06 PM
Now that's a distinct possiblity, I wish we could find out more...

Kurgan
 Cox
07-02-2001, 12:51 AM
Me too. Thanks for the replies. I'm wondering will it be good enough or will other player-mod makers go ahead and make thier own program like JKEdit for jedi knight?
 Wilhuf
07-02-2001, 9:58 PM
Vagabond posed this very question to Raven's Kenn Hoekstra:

A friend of mine and myself have access to 3D Studio Max and were wondering if Radiant can use or import anything from Max Could you answer this for me? Thanks alot.

Kenn Hoekstra's reply:

Not without custom plug-ins, it can't. We've never had any success getting that to work. Autodesk is working on a product called "G-Max" that can, in theory, port .map files between the two programs. But that hasn't been released yet and won't be until later this year.
Page: 1 of 1