Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

More than ten weapons?

Page: 1 of 1
 Juubarf
07-21-2001, 10:56 AM
I know that having only 10 weapons is simpler than 10+ guns because you can asign them to the numbers 1-0 on the top of the key board, but that also reduces the oppertunity to include a lot of cool guns. Some JK players might remember playing Space Soilders 3 in which there was a hotkey that allowed you to switch, say, the shot gun with a double barrel shotgun. In MotS, there was a sniper scope you could attach to the stormtrooper rifle that increased it's range, damage, and accuracy. I hope they'll have something like that in JKII. :rolleyes:
 CaptainRAVE
07-21-2001, 11:06 AM
I reckon there should be loads more guns. Look at all the races in the star wars universe, they all have their own unique weapons, so there should be lots to pick up. I reckon they should have the same gun system as in Half Life.
 FIDO Droid
07-21-2001, 3:05 PM
And in ss3, if you press F8, it allows the fists to hold a knife. Will it be like that in JK II? Where Kyle is in fists mode, then you press F8 or something to bring the Lightsaber out? I really hope it's not that way in JK II. Hey, I hope you guys from Raven are listening to this!
 acdcfanbill
07-22-2001, 2:47 PM
umm, the 2nd function of each number key didnt bother me at all. 1-fists/saber 2-bryar/blastec 3-st.rifle/scope and so on, if they expanded that, it wouldnt be too bad.
 Seryl Cann
07-22-2001, 3:38 PM
I don't think there should be too many weapons. That would distract the attention away from the lightsaber. This is Jedi Knight 2, not Dark Forces 3. Kyle is a Jedi Knight (a retired one, but still a Jedi Knight), so he should use the lightsaber and his force powers most of the time. The only gun that might be usefull to a Jedi Knight is a sniper gun, to take out enemies from a long distance.
 acdcfanbill
07-22-2001, 7:17 PM
that is so very true, but it would be only smart to include guns for those who dont like to use the saber a lot, and for multi-player.
 Juubarf
07-22-2001, 8:03 PM
Hi Everybody! (in background: Hi Master Drivian!) I wrote the guns article with multiplayer in mind, though, if you have a gun in MP, you should be abl to use it in SP as well. :cool:
 KillerBee
07-22-2001, 9:35 PM
depends on the style of gameplay..
fast game play really needs quick weapons access.. seeing jo will have force buttons as well, more then 10 would add to the complexity of play, which is ok for slower gameplay.
 CaptainRAVE
08-08-2001, 7:15 PM
It didnt slow down Half Life multiplayer....so i disagree with you there...it just adds more strategy to the game.

[Moved topic to The Valley of the Jedi (http://www.jediknightii.net/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=000440) --Wilhuf]

[ August 08, 2001: Message edited by: Wilhuf ]
Page: 1 of 1