Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JO Radiant

Page: 1 of 1
 SlowbieOne
10-24-2001, 12:57 AM
If there is someone on these boards familiar with editing the Q3 engine, I could use a little help.

Is it true that we can make maps on Q3 Radiant, then convert them to Jedi Knight 2 when it comes out? If so how is this possible?

Any help is appreciated.
 Wilhuf
10-24-2001, 3:43 PM
It hasn't yet been officially confirmed by either Raven or LEC that there will be a version of Radiant for Jedi Outcast.

However, I recall some hearsay attributed to Kenn Hoekstra that Raven were indeed using EFRadiant to develop levels for Jedi Outcast. So that means there could be definite possibilities that Jedi Outcast could ship with an editor. Take it as a grain of salt, however, until you hear official word from Raven or LEC.

Having said that, it would seem reasonable that EFRadiant or Q3Radiant could open up Jedi Outcast .map files. Of course these two packages might not fully support the entities found in Jedi Outcast maps. Also, this assumes the Jedi Outcast maps are in a format that is directly compatible with Q3 and EFRadiant.

Visit our Radiant Resources thread (http://www.jediknightii.net/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=11&t=000002) for links that lead to information on Radiant.

[ October 24, 2001: Message edited by: Wilhuf ]
 SlowbieOne
10-24-2001, 5:04 PM
I just wanna get some "rough" material set up for some maps. No models or textures.

I can only pray Raven will use Radiant for JO.

If not, I could use the practice anyway.
 Wilhuf
10-24-2001, 8:36 PM
Slowbie, to get things rolling, you might want to just bang around with EFRadiant. This would likely be more similar to JORadiant than Q3Radiant. Although the differences between EFRadiant and Q3Radiant are very minor. I'd recommend starting with a simple map, just to get a sense of how to construct, populate, texture, light, create soundscape, and compile levels.
 SlowbieOne
10-24-2001, 9:56 PM
Actually I downloaded GtkRadiant last night, and I was planning on learning some things tonight.

Should I get Q3Radiant or EFRadiant instead?
Is there any difference?
 Darth Simpson
10-25-2001, 7:46 PM
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Q3Radiant is an editor for Quake 3. EFRadiant is an editor for Star Trek Voyager : Elite Force.

I would assume the EFRadiant would be the best choice, since Raven also made that game, and will be using at least a few of the same features in JKII.
 SlowbieOne
10-25-2001, 7:58 PM
I pretty much figured that out by myself, LOL.

I most likely will try EFRadiant though since Raven made it, thanks.

Also, does this mean I can open up an Elite Force map in Q3Radiant, and make it a level for Q3A? Minus the textures of course.
 Wilhuf
10-25-2001, 8:14 PM
Yes you should be able to open up an Elite Force Map in Q3Radiant. For that matter, you should also be able to open up an Elite Force Map in GTKRadiant. But Q3 and GTKRadiant might not fully support Elite Force Entities.

As Darth said, it's probably your best bet to learn EFRadiant, as it will probably be most similar to Raven's in-house JORadiant.
 SlowbieOne
10-25-2001, 10:03 PM
Good to hear. Thanks for your help guys.

And thanks for making the Radiant links thread Wilhuf, it's really helpful. :)
 Wilhuf
10-26-2001, 4:30 PM
Sure thing Slowbie! Be sure to post links to any good editing tutorials, references, tips and resources that you come across. Post them on our Radiant Resources (http://www.jediknightii.net/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=11&t=000002&p=1) thread.
 SlowbieOne
11-02-2001, 3:03 PM
I will definately post any new links I find, but it seems that you have posted everything I will need. I'll keep my eye out for sure.

I just hope Raven and LA announce if they will use Radiant soon so I don't waste a ton of time. :)
Page: 1 of 1