Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi Outcast Teaser - Comments

Page: 1 of 1
 Burrie
06-27-2001, 9:37 PM
Greetings,

I would like to know if anyone has downloaded the teaser I recently made (see news center), and if you have comments on it?
 SithSeeD
06-27-2001, 10:09 PM
High Quality. Should have waited a little longer for more media to come out.

Don't worry about that though.... ;)

SithSeeD :mad:
 Mafia_Jabba
06-27-2001, 10:40 PM
wtf i can't view it
 Roger
06-27-2001, 10:56 PM
Download DIVX (http://ftp.pcworld.com/pub/video/video_tools/divx_3.11alpha.zip) and install it... then you will be able to watch it :D

Comments on the teaser:
Like it, but nothing to get exited about though... keeps us entertained till something official comes out...

Oh and I would have used a different font in the video...

Oh and Burrie, ben jij uit Nederland?

:D

[ June 27, 2001: Message edited by: Roger ]
 digl
06-27-2001, 11:36 PM
Ill download it now
Roger, you can edit your messages
 Obi Kwan
06-28-2001, 12:39 AM
good job man. video looks smooth.
 Mafia_Jabba
06-28-2001, 1:21 AM
thanks
 Burrie
06-28-2001, 11:41 AM
Thanks. I know that it probably isn't much, but I just wanted to work on something. Believe me, once they release some new shots, perhaps more footage, I might something better. It came out pretty well IMO, although I might gonna redo it. (add some sounds, a small disclaimer at the start and stuff)
 Mercenary_Turned_Jedi
06-28-2001, 11:53 AM
Ag flip tog ! Kom jy uit Nederland, burrie ?
Ek sit hier onder in Suid-Afrika met niks om te doen behalwe om Jedi Knight te speel nie.

Mercenary_Turned_Jedi

:D :cool: :)
 TheJackal_jk2
06-28-2001, 1:32 PM
Great job on that video! After seeing it I wish LEC would force that guy to play Kyle in the movies again. It added soo much to the JediKnight game's story and then you really get into the game.

If only LEC would stop doing like every other big game producers (blizzard) and not make in game or computer generated movies. :(
 Burrie
06-28-2001, 5:07 PM
I agree. I added those two short shots just for the sake of it, and because I needed something for the intro.
 Kurgan
06-28-2001, 10:39 PM
It was fun, nice job. ; )

Kurgan
 Mercenary_Turned_Jedi
06-29-2001, 6:03 AM
I'm still trying to find my jaw ! Damn good video quality, burrie ! A+ rating. Although 3 things are missing. Sound, music and the storyteller's voice. But not to worry. I have an idea for all 3 for you. Do you have a microphone and video editing software at home ?

Before you answer that, here's the ideas:

The Music:
You know the music from the JK trailer ? Now you ask how we get it ? It's precisly the same music as in RotJ just when the Rebel Alliance strike force exits hyperspace in front of the Death Star II. You could get it from the RotJ music CD from Sony Classical Music. Now, playback the music in your CD-ROM drive and make a recording of it. After you've done that, save and put it as the music channel on your video editing software. Save the trailer file.

The Sound:
Do you have a stereo system at home with sound recording capability ? Good, now, wire the sound card in your PC from the sound out port to the one( or two )micro- phone ports in the back of your stereo system and play JK . Now, start a savegame from level 5 ( or when you have the lightsaber ), start recording and ignite the Lightsaber ( this is for the lightsaber sounds in the trailer ) and start swinging, but your timing has to match the trailer. Et voila ! now the sound is done. Do exactly the same with the three small clips from JK that were used in the trailer, and then save the file.

The voice:
Get your father or brother or friend ( must have a deep voice, but not TOO deep ) to speak the words that are in the trailer. Record it and save as a file. Now general sound editing time.

Take the sounds and put them in the correct order. Save. Run your video editing software
and set the sounds as the primary sound track/channel. Take the voice and set it as the secondary sound channel/track.

Save and exit. Check the file size and delete ( if nessesary ) the sound files, unless your video software does not embed the sounds, voice and music into the video.

If the size is too big, Zip it with an archiving utility. Et Voila ! Your trailer could now become the official teaser trailer for JK II. Just e-mail Raven Software and send them the trailer. They will have to give you credit fot it.

Mercenary_Turned_Jedi
:D
Page: 1 of 1