Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JKII Endings

Page: 1 of 1
 ESE_Sithlord
06-25-2001, 5:12 AM
Well What do ya think will happen to Kyle Katarn or Luke Skywalker at the end of JKII?

I hope Kyle Katarn Dies he needs to die.

What do you think the JKII ending will be?

[ June 25, 2001: Message edited by: Darth Vader ]
 SlowbieOne
06-25-2001, 5:26 AM
I hope he dies off too cause i want to play as Skywalker, the way JK should've been. It would've been better cause a lot of us would already be really involved into the character. Anyway, i hope Skywalker turns out to be a big part of the game and the ending. (Hopefully Cooperativley with MP supporrt)
 ESE_Sithlord
06-25-2001, 5:31 AM
Its hard to say because we havent received the storyline yet and we dont know the Cuations or Conditions of the game are.

But I ya Know Luke cant die Because he has to go to the Vong Series.

So Luke cant die.

Heres what I hope happens if there is AI interaction between characters. I hope the Dark Jedi , Kyle Katarn and Luke Skywalker are in a fight and....

You are fighting the dark jedi with Kyle at first then Kyle gets Killed and then after kyle is killed go on to Luke and Luke kills the Dark jedi.

I dont know I wish we had the story to tell
 ZeroXcape
06-25-2001, 1:54 PM
For myself, half the fun of the Dark Forces series is that it isn't centered Skywalker.

As for Kyle dying at the end, that'd be an interesting twist; however, I don't think they'll kill him off.
 Mafia_Jabba
06-25-2001, 2:34 PM
Yea I liked the idea of new characters and story plot and not the same ol Skywalker
 acdcfanbill
06-27-2001, 12:06 PM
its doubtful that they will kill off the main charcter, but Lucas may surprise us yet. there defently wouldnt be and Kyle sequals after this if thats what happens, but i doubt it will.
 KillerBee
06-27-2001, 12:15 PM
ugg who would want to play as farm boy..
I want kyle to die,
and Dark Forces 3 to be released set before df1 (some st00pid tacky name like Dark Force Rising would be good :))
where Kyle plays as a bad arse imperial commando, but eventually tells the tail of his escape and defection.
and I want it to be in the Big Battlezone meets tribes engine, wif deployable structures which are actually little maps in themselves and other stuff which begins leading to the ultimate RTS meets FPS meets pilot sim engine. (wif some RPG elements in SP)
 acdcfanbill
06-27-2001, 3:11 PM
There was a great set of missions by A. Piggot called Birth of a Mercinery that tell kyles beginning. according to him of course. although lucasarts could have a different idea for it.
 The Wanderer
06-27-2001, 4:04 PM
For the official roots/origin of Kyle, pick up the book Soldier for the Empire. it's a short 60 - 70 or so some page read, but it's quality.

Is this a joke thread????? No, seriously, I mean that. And are "Darth Vader" and Snowboy there really the same person? you "both" posted within like 10 minutes of each other at like 2 am, and you both seem to have some weird kind of Luke fetish going on.

Personally I hope Luke only has a cameo appearance somewhere near the begining/middle of the game. the buddy AI for part of one level wouldn't be so bad, but it seems weird enough that Luke, Han, and Leia know EVERYBODY in the SW universe as it is, I think it's a nice change to have a story without them every now and then.

I thought most of the major dorks like Star TREK? I guess it's getting harder to tell the difference these days with the Jemm Hadar... er I mean the ""vong"" invading the SW universe, that's a neat "new" idea

**cough** battletech **cough**
 KillerBee
06-27-2001, 4:40 PM
Yeah I enjoyed Boam.. although he managed to escape vaders grip.. kyles good but that good :)
also a large mechanised rancor o_O

and yeah there were some books.. but I wanna game dagnamit :)
 wardz
06-27-2001, 4:47 PM
I spent ages on that Rancor!

Anyway, it would be nice if Kyle dies, by helping someone, you never want things to drag on for too long and if he sacrificed himself for Luke or someone, that would be a nice twist at the end...

wardz
 KillerBee
06-27-2001, 5:14 PM
wouldnt really be a twist tho if we suggested it and know its going to happen ^^
 wardz
06-27-2001, 5:18 PM
lol,

yeah, I suppose, but still it would be nice for old beardy to bite the bullet,

wardz
 HyperAquaBlast
06-27-2001, 5:37 PM
i wouldnt want to play skywalker. Skywalker already has to much of a history you wanna play somebody new to the universe not somebody that already has to much going for him.

but i think it should have been some new character becoming a Jedi rather than kyle again since in MOTS he kinda went crazy
 SlowbieOne
06-27-2001, 6:20 PM
So, Wandering fool, just cause i grew up with skywalker as my hero, it makes it a fetish? Hmm, i guess u really thought that one through...
 The Wanderer
06-27-2001, 8:51 PM
my appologies for offending you Slowbie, Luke just never did it for me. I personally always found him one of the least interesting characters in the trilogy.
 KillerBee
06-27-2001, 9:57 PM
chewie 4 ever!!
I wanna play as chewie!!
 Ice Man
06-27-2001, 11:15 PM
Personally I like being Kyle instead of Luke. I never really thought Luke was that "cool", and I guess there's something about these ex-imperials that I like. They have a certain coolness about them. :p
 digl
06-27-2001, 11:24 PM
I want a BF FPS
 SlowbieOne
06-28-2001, 1:09 AM
No offense taken Wanderer. After all, the purpose of these forums is for all of us to express our opinions.
 ESE_Sithlord
06-28-2001, 2:43 AM
Iam tired of Kyle Katarn No matter how cool he is in the game and series of Dark Forces he still needs to have his Fate certain.

For instants
Where was he born?
Who were his parents?
What is his hole unknown history?
How does he die?

those are the questions I hope that will be answered and I hope this is the last installment of the Dark Forces Series.
 HyperAquaBlast
06-28-2001, 4:49 AM
we know who his dad is and where he was born and most of his early history is told in the manual for dark forces 1. plus how can you ask how he died if he hasnt died? its like asking how did ex-President Clinton die if he isnt dead(a stupid example)
 ESE_Sithlord
06-28-2001, 5:01 AM
lol Reason why I ask is because we already know how Luke dies Han, Liea, Chewie and all them.
 Mercenary_Turned_Jedi
06-28-2001, 6:03 AM
lol

Kyle's Father:

Kyle's father, Morgan Katarn was slain by the Dark Jedi Jerec, while he was the last person in the galaxy to safekeep the location of the Valley of the Jedi. Jerec wanted more power, more than anyone could handle.

Kyle's past:
Kyle was formerly a mercenary, working for the Rebellion, and ifiltrated the Empire in Dark Forces. His father's death was a tragedy and Kyle wanted to avenge it.

That's about as far as I can go on the "Unknown History" part. As for his death, that did not yet happen.

:D
 acdcfanbill
06-28-2001, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Darth Vader:
<STRONG>lol Reason why I ask is because we already know how Luke dies Han, Liea, Chewie and all them.</STRONG>
we uhh, do? was this in some EU book i missed? i only know that chewie dies, but i admit i dont keep up with all those kid books...
Page: 1 of 1