Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Its all about the physics....or is it?

Page: 1 of 1
 Obi Kwan
06-24-2001, 2:15 AM
Right so when we were all following OBI Wan, we kept hearing all this jazz about the physics engine. Remember that clip where he jumps into a room and force pushes the table? Everything on top reacted differently to the same push, as it would in real life. Then there was that story about the flower pot falling down the stairs, how it could fall like an infinate number of different ways. So what is the deal; are we going to see some of this bad ass physics in OUTCAST, or has that idea been canned? Or was it just useless to begin with?
 Mafia_Jabba
06-24-2001, 2:48 AM
It has exactly been canned since it's never been brought up in JKII..but I'd very much like to see it..however I am unaware of the engine's capabilities.
 Zorro
06-24-2001, 2:53 AM
The physics aspect of the Q3 (although I'm not an expert) doesn't seem to be as realistic as Obi-Wan promised to be.

However, I would say you can expect what you'd see in any game made with Q3 engine but maybe somewhat modified.
 skyler
06-24-2001, 3:14 AM
the guys at Raven are experts at the Q3 Engine . Who knows what tricks or enhancements they'll give it? It would ROCK if they managed physics like that! What do you say,RAVEN ? :D

[ June 24, 2001: Message edited by: skyler ]
 Archie
06-24-2001, 8:11 PM
Physics like that are doable in the Q3 engine, it's just a matter of time and coding...
 The Wanderer
06-26-2001, 5:54 PM
yes, but with a next spring release date, the one thing Raven doesn't have is time.
 HyperAquaBlast
06-26-2001, 6:30 PM
hey so is the lightsaber fighting going to be like JK1 or will they use that mouse control they said they would have for Obi
 GEJoeSolo
06-26-2001, 6:44 PM
saber fighting will never be really good untill they have it all in some sort of really good VR setup. then saber fighting will be awsome. but I'd like to see the code to pull that off
 Lucky
06-26-2001, 8:14 PM
erm, what? why play video games at all then.

Walkin in a video game is just a simulation of walking, its not really accurate and doesn't require the attention to numerous variables that walking does in real life.

It's a game, so long as i can compete with other folks and its intellectually stimulating, as well as engrossing in terms of its overall SW'sh feel, I'm coo wit datcho.

Lucky
 ed_silvergun
06-27-2001, 9:37 AM
Yes, I agree with Lucky. It would be nice to see that kind of physics implemented in Jedi Knight II, but not at the expense of core gameplay.
Page: 1 of 1