Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Moderators

Page: 1 of 1
 Finalnight
06-11-2001, 2:39 PM
In response to
NOTICE 8 SABER THREADS BELOW! ASK YOURSELF WHY!

Do these forums have moderators, and if so, maybe you oughta add some more (like me! :) )
If not, maybe you oughta get some moderators (like me! :) )some threads are a little out of control. :eek:
 Vagabond
06-11-2001, 3:16 PM
We're aware of the need for forum admins and moderators, and are working toward that end.
 CaptainRAVE
06-11-2001, 4:29 PM
I reckon the moserators just need to pay more attention and everyone should get off their case.....or they should just be on more! Its early days yet though!
 matt--
06-11-2001, 11:11 PM
Rave's right, get off their case!
 Boba Rhett
06-12-2001, 5:35 AM
I think there doing a pretty good job right now considering the amount of new posts and members that are created here every day.
 ZeroXcape
06-12-2001, 2:18 PM
We have 6 people with admin & moderator power checking the boards on a daily basis. We let the majority of posts go due to the fact that we are taking a 'free-speech' point of view with these boards.

We don't want to have to lock down and rule the boards with an iron fist. It's more work for us, and less fun for everyone else. Everyone has the chance to read the rules when they sign up. If they break them, then we take action. It's that simple. More moderators aren't going to do the job, and if more are needed, we've got several people on-call ;).

Thanks for your concern.
 Finalnight
06-12-2001, 2:28 PM
ok, fine by me as long as you don't turn into another squaregamer (polls=closed, questions=closed, breathing=closed) ;)
 Swoosh
06-12-2001, 2:31 PM
Yes, it's a hard balance to keep. If we let posts go, then people believe we are easy and the boards are out of control. If we close down every other topic and ban people, etc., then people think we are dictators and talk smack about us. The primary thing we don't want to do right now is make people feel unwanted. Most of the new people coming in now will calm down soon, and the problem will be more or less resolved. Personally, looking at the boards right now, they seem to be doing pretty fine...let's keep them that way.

Swoosh
 Finalnight
06-12-2001, 2:36 PM
Make sure the Jan-Kyle thread stays open..hehee.
 Vagabond
06-12-2001, 2:37 PM
I'm very open-minded and it takes an awful lot to offend me. However, where I draw the line is:

Personal attacks on other members.
People spamming an otherwise interesting thread with the sole purpose of destroying the discussion.
Spam/Advertising posts.

Again, as Swoosh said, we need to make everyone feel welcome in our forums.
 ed_silvergun
06-12-2001, 5:21 PM
I'm not a moderator, and I have no jurisdiction over these boards, but can I just make one polite request? Can some members (who shall remain nameless) please stop using the forums as though they were a chat room? When people are posting one-line messages every 2-3 minutes, it can get a tad annoying. Thanks.
 wardz
06-12-2001, 5:38 PM
Go Ed! Go Ed! Go Ed! :)

We do need a bit of 'netiquette' in here, Someone said earlier that newer members should not post too much to begin with so that they can get the feel of the forum.

I would agree with this, and if some people had adhered to this, there wouldn't be about 10 threads for the lightsaber...

no offence intended, I know it can be difficult knowing where to start in these places..

wardz
 CaptainRAVE
06-12-2001, 6:13 PM
One thing we have to remember is that the site is till in its early days. GIVE THEM A CHANCE PEOPLE!
 digl
06-12-2001, 10:36 PM
I think the number of topics will start to decrease during the next weeks.Its already decreasing

From my experience (since the ґ98) there have been no major problems in the LG forums, there is more 'netiquette' in this comunity than in most of the forums Iv visited

Lets hope the JKii.net forums continue the tradition of inteligent discussions without flame wars
 Boba Rhett
06-12-2001, 11:48 PM
Yeah, it's already probably decreased by like 75% The first couple days this place was open there was about 2 new pages every day.
 matt--
06-13-2001, 12:23 AM
The new members have steadily decreased since day 2.
Day 1:30 members(i think)
Day 2:100 members
Day 3:150
Day 4:170
etc etc
 GonkH8er
06-13-2001, 9:21 AM
we have 300 here now..... its been 2 weeks....

at OWK.net we had a total of 600 after over 1 year....
 Archie
06-13-2001, 9:50 AM
The rate of new members is proportional to the ammount of coverage JKII gets on other websites, which is proportional to exclusive news stories. Well, that's my two cents.
 ed_silvergun
06-13-2001, 11:11 AM
O-WK.net had about this many back at the beginning - it had an initial rush at the start, but then got quieter, especially after the game got cancelled.
 Finalnight
06-13-2001, 6:45 PM
Maybe you oughta add a posting FAQ??...
 Swoosh
06-14-2001, 4:17 AM
Lets hope the JKii.net forums continue the tradition of inteligent discussions without flame wars

You all can rest assured that if any flame wars occur, they will be quickly deleted and won't reoccur. We have numerous moderators who all have the power to deal with the situation if it arises. We're all proud of the reputation our forums have, so we hope to keep it that way. But, the quality of our forums is dependant upon everyone here, so just stick to the rules! Most of you are, and the conversations here are excellent! Keep up the good work.

Swoosh
 CaptainRAVE
06-14-2001, 6:08 PM
The number of posts and new threads will decrease, as it has already started to do. But have you noticed whenever something major happens (a new video comes or something), then the number of posts and new threads increase amazingly!!! :eek:
 ed_silvergun
06-15-2001, 2:56 PM
Er... yes... :rolleyes:
Page: 1 of 1