Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Still the prequel??

Page: 1 of 1
 CaptainRAVE
06-04-2001, 4:45 PM
So is Obi Wan still the prequel....i aint heard much on it!
 Salucious17
06-04-2001, 5:46 PM
Dude, Obi-Wan is about The Phantom Menace, and is only for X-Box.
 CaptainRAVE
06-04-2001, 5:49 PM
Yea, but it was officially announced as the prequel to Jedi Knight and when the game developers got bored they decided to bring it out for the X-box. Since then there hasnt been much news. Anyway, when it was cancelled for the PC i thought it was the end of the world, but as it happens they had JK2 planned all along so LEC are forgiven.

[ June 04, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainRAVE ]
 ed_silvergun
06-04-2001, 8:49 PM
Obi-Wan's not a prequel as such. It was originally described as being "in the style of Jedi Knight" but that's about it. It's X-Box only now, anyway, and they've changed direction since canning the PC version, as they realised it was going to disappoint people wanting it to be the next Jedi Knight. That's why they've now decided to give us Outcast.
 Letalis
06-04-2001, 9:30 PM
Stupid X-Box, I fail to understand why a company would make a game for a console and not for PC. PC is far better than any console will ever be...

That's not to say I dislike consoles. I can't wait for the new Smash Bros. coming out on GameCube :D
 Boba Rhett
06-04-2001, 11:33 PM
They make games for consoles because console games generally sell better than pc games.
 Seryl Cann
06-05-2001, 6:48 AM
And console games are easier to make, because you don't have to make it compatible with a whole range of hardware. The developers know exactly what a console can do.
 Letalis
06-05-2001, 6:53 AM
I can appreciate all that, but really, lets be honest with ourselves, the PC rocks, despite the billions of compatability problems with software, hardware etc...
No console will ever compare...

I still remember my first computer, anyone ever play a game called Speed Ball?
 Archie
06-05-2001, 11:31 AM
I played speedball 2, and that was on the amiga, but it kicked ass!
 CaptainRAVE
06-05-2001, 4:17 PM
They only made it for the X-box because they decided it wouldnt live up to PC owners expectations. Remember what they told us..."PC's dont have the requirements".......no, only three times that of the X-Box....nice lie!
 matt--
06-05-2001, 8:54 PM
One can misconstrue that they put SpeedBall 2 on the X-BOX by reading the above 2 posts.
 Letalis
06-05-2001, 9:29 PM
Ha! Speed Ball 2 on X-Box, nice... :D

As far as systems go, the PC will always stay ahead of consoles, simply because of their nature...
 StormHammer
06-06-2001, 1:14 AM
To be fair, they have stated that you will be able to directly control the lightsaber swings with the analog joystick part of the X-Box controller. How they are handling character movement, I don't know, but in essence, you would need something similar to the X-Box controller to be able to play it on a PC (although it is never likely to be ported).

I think the other hardware is basically irrelevant - it all comes down to the controller. And not every PC owner has or wants a different type of game controller. So it could be argued that this may have been one of the factors in their decision to make it an X-Box title.

And as for Obi-Wan being based on The Phantom Menace, that is apparently untrue, according to a recent interview with one of the development team. It is set directly before TPM, and features Obi-Wan taking part in different missions for the Jedi Council.

And the game is approx. 70 per cent finished...they are talking about adding projected shadows that climb walls etc.
 CaptainRAVE
06-06-2001, 3:18 PM
Speedball 2 on the X-box......cool.....i remember that very, very well.....anyway. Yes, PCs will always stay ahead of consoles obviously.....but remember processors can only become so fast.....and then they'll need to rethink the design......well in about 10 years anyway!lol
 Masamune
06-06-2001, 11:49 PM
The PC's only rival as the best gaming platform is Atari.

Behold, the legend of Pong.
 Ki-Adi-Mundi
06-06-2001, 11:56 PM
Atari! All hail the mighty Atari!

Man pong was soo cool. I have an atari that my dad used to play with. Heh, before my time obviously. We have pong too! It's soo cool! Takes forever to set up though.

[ June 06, 2001: Message edited by: Ki-Adi-Mundi ]
 CaptainRAVE
06-07-2001, 3:39 PM
THOSE were the days......god computers rocked then!
Page: 1 of 1