Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Would you sell your soul to The Emperor to have Jedi Outcast RIGHT NOW?

Page: 1 of 1
 chrispcarter
06-09-2001, 11:43 PM
Hmm let me think...

What is thy bidding, my master?

[ June 09, 2001: Message edited by: Jedi_Tyrael ]
 TheJackal_jk2
06-09-2001, 11:50 PM
I think StarWars is too much part of your life... go outside. Walk in a park. Hit on some local chicks. Slice those annoying kids who keep trying to save the universe... oops. Never mind that last comment. Vade...r ... huh...my lawyer said I should really stop saying what we do during the weekend.
 chrispcarter
06-09-2001, 11:59 PM
I would go outside but the sand people might get me. And do you know how hard it is to find girls in gold bikinis in this town?
 The Wanderer
06-10-2001, 12:04 AM
please, do not encourage LEC and Raven to rush this game out the door to get it out in time for next christmas :)

I would much MUCH rather wait another 2 years if need be for JK2 and give Raven alllll the time in the world they need to make a finely tuned, action packed, story driven, and highly immersive Dark Forces experience. I'm in no hurry, I've already been waiting for someone to get it in gear and continue the adventures of Kyle Katarn for some time now, so PLEASE no need to rush a half finished product out now.
 chrispcarter
06-10-2001, 12:11 AM
I didn't mean a rushed version, I meant a time-travelling space monkey delivered version - the full and engrossing experience we all are hoping for.
 matt--
06-10-2001, 1:21 AM
Jedi Knight II does not have a path for the dark-side. Therefore, you would turn to the dark-side just to play a game for the light-side? Seems contradictory.
 Ki-Adi-Mundi
06-10-2001, 1:26 AM
It might be contradicting, but at least you end up doing the right thing. :)

I quote:

What is thy bidding, Master? :D
 GonkH8er
06-10-2001, 2:23 AM
but this isnt looking into the future. its time travel....

that would mean you'd have to turn TREKKIE! :)
 CaptainRAVE
06-10-2001, 7:45 AM
But if the emporer really wanted our souls that much, wouldnt he just take them?? :confused:
 Letalis
06-10-2001, 1:32 PM
Nope, Emporer's dead...

Long live the Republic!
 Ki-Adi-Mundi
06-10-2001, 1:38 PM
I think he could only take the souls of those with low midicholrian counts, since all of us have Force potential, we have to go willingly. :D

But I prefer the New Republic anyway, and the Emperor is dead, so I guess saying, "What is thy bidding, master" has no effect on whether or not I'll get the game immediately. So we just sold our souls to like no one. :eek:
 Nyghtfall
06-10-2001, 4:53 PM
Personally, my answer to the initial question, regardless of the illogic or irrationality of it, is yes. I would be happy to follow the Emperor anywhere for a chance to play JKII. :)

Since that's not possible, may I suggest revisiting some old games? Here's a list of what I own and have re-installed whilest I await JKII's release:

Clive Barker's Undying - Scary as hell when played with the lights turned off and a good pair of headphones delivering the full spectrum of sound.

Deus Ex - One of the best FPS games I've ever played.

Hitman - Controls suck, but the graphics are beautiful and the idea of being a professional assassin is just way too much fun.

Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force - Finally, a game that allows me to scream, "To Hell with the Prime Directive" and kill any enemy targets on sight. The sounds of their suffering as they slowly fade into oblivion is beyond words; not to mention the visual splendor that ensues when they get vaporized from a phaser blast.

Oni - Fun game if you enjoy beating the **** out of people with some cool martial arts moves, but the texture detail leaves much to be desired.

There are a couple of other titles I'm considering purchasing, including Blade of Darkness and... gulp... Quake III... but for now the above list is doing well to satiate my need for gaming goodness until JKII comes out.

[ June 10, 2001: Message edited by: Nyghtfall ]
 Jolts
06-10-2001, 5:47 PM
I wouldn't sell my soul to the emp for a 1 month beta, but I would sell my soul for a donut...
Page: 1 of 1