Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Why are YOU buying JK2???

Page: 1 of 1
 Syndrix
06-09-2001, 11:14 AM
OK, I'll admit that title can be misunderstood. But what I mean is, are you going to get it because you just love everything star warsy, because you played and loved JK, because you just cant get enough of those all powerful force powers, you just love any FPS or other??

Me, I just cant resist some Jedi action.

just wondering...
 CaptainRAVE
06-09-2001, 11:16 AM
Im buyin it cause.....its jk, good graphics, its made by raven and i love star wars!
 Letalis
06-09-2001, 11:25 AM
All of the above, and every other reason under the many suns in the Outer Rim systems! :)
 Syndrix
06-09-2001, 12:37 PM
OK, I posted this thread to try and collect some statistical data so lets try that again. I agree with everything above but was looking for the main reason. So...

What is the MAIN reason (list only one) that you are buying it???

And before anyone complains I know itsa hard to narrow it down to one but try...
 Letalis
06-09-2001, 12:39 PM
Oh, sorry, one, hmmm, it's hard...

Probably due to the last one.

I just re-read that and noticed it didn't make sense. I'm getting JK2 because I really liked JK. That's better. :)

[ June 09, 2001: Message edited by: Letalis ]
 CaptainRAVE
06-09-2001, 12:51 PM
One reason....thats difficult.....mainly cause its the only game of its type i.e. starwars fps with a lightsabre!
 Sith Lord
06-09-2001, 12:55 PM
Im buying it because Jedi Knight was one of the best games Lucasarts put out before all the crap started showing up, and its editing possibilitys. (and of course, Its Star Wars)
 GonkH8er
06-09-2001, 12:58 PM
im buying it out of fear of being outcast for NOT buying it :)
 CaptainRAVE
06-09-2001, 12:59 PM
Yeah, they got real slack and started to produce loads of hopeless games just believing that anyone would buy everything. And then their developers left so they had to sell the licence instead.....i.e RAVEN comes into the picture. Dont u think thats the best think LEC have ever done!

[ June 09, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainRAVE ]
 GonkH8er
06-09-2001, 1:10 PM
rave, if you dont stop.......... :)
 CaptainRAVE
06-09-2001, 1:13 PM
Dont stop what?? Are you a close affiliate to LEC or somethin??
;)

GonkH8er
06-09-2001, 1:15 PM
lol no, but im a staffer....
 CaptainRAVE
06-09-2001, 1:17 PM
Whats that?? Anyway, its not my fault im on more than the moderators!!

GonkH8er
06-09-2001, 1:22 PM
meaning im on the staff :)

im going to bed...... im bloody tired
 StormHammer
06-09-2001, 1:25 PM
The MAIN reason why I am getting JKII is because I believe it will be a very good Star Wars FPS for the PC. Definitely my type of game - and they should definitely consider doing a lot more of them.

I'm not just talking about Jedi, either. I know it's cool weilding a lightsaber, and Force powers - but I believe I'd like it just as much being a Bounty Hunter, or a Rebel Commando, with no Force use, just the weapons and some cool missions.

It is the ability to wander around in the Star Wars universe, and get the bad guys.
 Espada
06-09-2001, 8:04 PM
i love everything star wars + im a pc gamer
who only plays fps.
 CaptainRAVE
06-09-2001, 8:10 PM
Only fps??never anything else??
 Espada
06-09-2001, 8:22 PM
i played a little fandango, Couldnt get into it. also MDK same thing currently im playing Deuse Ex which is supposed to be RPG its go a FPV so i enjoy it.
 ed_silvergun
06-09-2001, 9:11 PM
Originally posted by StormHammer:
<STRONG>It is the ability to wander around in the Star Wars universe, and get the bad guys.</STRONG>

Agreed, but how cool would it be to wander round the Star Wars universe and get the good guys? You know, as a bounty hunter or an imperial commando.

My main reason for buying JK II is that it is the first and only FPS in the Star Wars universe since MotS. And damn, I want me a Star Wars FPS.
 Ice Man
06-09-2001, 9:28 PM
Hehe. Well I want to get JK2 for several reasons :):
*Star Warsy
*Raven's making it
*Graphics
 ZeroXcape
06-09-2001, 11:28 PM
- The continuation of DF
- Multiplayer w/Sabers
- Raven ;)
 chrispcarter
06-09-2001, 11:56 PM
BECAUSE of
- Star Wars (Stormies!!!)
- Dark Forces and Jedi Knight (Kyle's story)
- Force Powers

NOT BECAUSE of
- It being a FPS - I can hate FPSs too.
- The graphics - they are great, but I am proud to say eye candy isn't everything for me (urr).
 TheJackal_jk2
06-10-2001, 12:04 AM
I allways wanted a good StarWars multiplayer game with dedicated server. I will NOT buy this game if it gets poor reviews in the multiplayer department. Without the multiplayer side of a game I personally believe the replayability has been thrown out of the top of the CN Tower.

(NOTE: For all who don't know. I thinkt the CN tower is the highest North American building... in <u>Canada</u> of course! ;))
 TheJackal_jk2
06-10-2001, 12:07 AM
Again I am rambling... I see no point that half of that last post.... so.... anyways! bye :D
 GonkH8er
06-10-2001, 1:59 AM
its ok, we all ramble some times :)
 Syndrix
06-10-2001, 12:35 PM
Agreed, but how cool would it be to wander round the Star Wars universe and get the good guys? You know, as a bounty hunter or an imperial commando.

Quite off the topic ed_silvergun, but I whole heartedly agree, wasnt half the fun of Tie fighter ( for those who have played it) being an Imperial pilot. Imagine being a bounty hunter and going into a seedy bar to look at a screen and choose the next mission that you were going to take, while at the same time paying and threatening bar flies for information, all in a FPS.
 CaptainRAVE
06-10-2001, 1:00 PM
But that wouldnt be JK2 then though would it!!!!!!!!
 Ki-Adi-Mundi
06-10-2001, 1:21 PM
For the obvious reasons.

It's Star Wars, and it will hopefully continue the great line of FPS before it. Dark Force, and Jedi Knight. Plus it's just cool. :D
 Letalis
06-10-2001, 1:25 PM
No, but it would be cool... ;)
 Darth Lunatic
06-10-2001, 1:30 PM
Gonk, what exactly is your involvement at Lucasarts?
 Syndrix
06-10-2001, 1:46 PM
Actually CaptainRAVE, I was talking about a toatally seperate FPS title based in SW universe, not changing JK2 to the view of a bounty hunter that would suck. It was just a reply to idea's as suggested by StormHammer and ed_silvergun. ;)
 CaptainRAVE
06-10-2001, 2:16 PM
Oh yeah.....it would be cool though!
 Obi Kwan
06-10-2001, 3:26 PM
MULTIPLAYER.

Thats all I have to say.
 StormHammer
06-10-2001, 3:29 PM
Originally posted by ed_silvergun:
<STRONG>

Agreed, but how cool would it be to wander round the Star Wars universe and get the good guys? You know, as a bounty hunter or an imperial commando.</STRONG>

Well, I think my point still stands. You see, from the point of view of the Bounty Hunters and the Imperials - they are the good guys, and the Rebels are the bad guys. ;) As an Imperial Officer, you don't automatically think, I am a bad guy hunting down the good Rebel Alliance. You would probably think that you are fighting for the good of the Empire, and eradicating the dirty Rebel scum who wish to overthrow your legitimate government. ;)
 Syndrix
06-11-2001, 10:18 AM
StormHammer makes a very good point about perception and motives. Having said, that I cant help thinking about WW2 properganda and how that could be incorperated into a game of that sort...
 GonkH8er
06-11-2001, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Darth Lunatic:
<STRONG>Gonk, what exactly is your involvement at Lucasarts?</STRONG>

what do you mean? just coz i knew about jk2 about a month before the announcement and i knew it would be officially announced at e3, doesnt mean i have anything to do with LEC....

:rolleyes:
 Darth Lunatic
06-11-2001, 11:34 AM
DAMN!! He's always one step ahead of us....
 Sith Warrior
06-11-2001, 1:17 PM
I don't think that it's possible to give just one reason I'm buying Outcast because I don't have main reason. The reason that I am planning on buying Jedi Outcast is actually a combination of several. I'm buying it because it's a sequel to Jedi Knight(which I got because it was Star Wars), and I always play the sequels to the games that I've got. I'm also planning on buying it because it's supposed to have lots of interaction, such as NPC's and the ability to leave red-hot marks on anything the saber touches. My third reason is that the graphics are supposed to be great with the doubled ammount of polygon capacity of the Quake III Team Arena engine. The final reason I plan on buying JKII is because the outdoor areas are supposed to be expansive and stable. By 'stable' I mean that, as in JK and MotS, the canyon walls and other boundaries don't 'flicker' when moving towards them from a long distance.
 ed_silvergun
06-11-2001, 3:09 PM
Yeah, Stormhammer, I see where you're coming from. I was just saying that sometimes it's cool to play as the bad guys, and like Syndrix, I was thinking of TIE Fighter as a prime example of this.
 CaptainRAVE
06-11-2001, 4:31 PM
Yeah, it would be cool to play as a sith lord or something.......for the good of the empire!
 Vagabond
06-11-2001, 4:35 PM
StormHammer, I couldn't have said it better. From my acting studies, one of the first lessons we learned was that a villian doesn't wake up in the morning with the intention to be evil. As you said, a villian believes in his/her goals, and believes that the cause is right and just. Only a psychopath would intentionally be evil, and most people are not psychotic.
 GonkH8er
06-12-2001, 9:20 AM
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
 Aragorn
06-12-2001, 12:09 PM
To me a bounty hunter is not an evil character but a neutral one. That is IMO the best way to explore the SW universe. Through the eyes of a neutral character that has no loyalties with either the Empire or the Rebelion. The possibilities for someone like that are endless.
I know that we had many discussions about a game like that over at OWK.net but I have to say, this would make one amazing game. :)

And back on topic...do you really need to ask? It's Star wars, it's FPS, it's Jedi Knight 2. That says it all. :)
 En Taro Taldarin
06-12-2001, 12:54 PM
I'm going to buy JK2 for several reasons:

1. I loved JK and DF.
2. I love to see Jedi style Star Wars action in an FPS (one of my favorite genres) in a non-arcade style format.
3. I prefer if such games are on the P.C.

These were the reasons why I was looking forward to Obi-Wan. Now, OW has violated all of those reasons. Some other reasons I want JK2 are the fully interactive environment, and the physics engine. I believe they've cut out both those features from OW now too. I just can't wait until JK2 comes out. :)
 dnalor
06-13-2001, 9:22 AM
I will buy it because it is a dream about Star Wars (mainly Classic Star Wars), I always loved JK series and I will...At last I will be a Jedi again! :) May the force be with us! :o
Page: 1 of 1