Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Enemies.....

Page: 1 of 2
 CaptainRAVE
06-09-2001, 9:08 AM
I know most threads these days are similar, so lets discuss different things....what type of enemies and bosses would you like to see return from JK, or totally new ones??
 SELYA
06-09-2001, 9:22 AM
Well stormies are a must.I'd also like to see some dark jedis or sith. :D
 CaptainRAVE
06-09-2001, 9:38 AM
Hundreds of stormies will obviously be there....it would be real cool if there were sith aswell!
 Letalis
06-09-2001, 9:56 AM
I'd love to fight a professional Bounty Hunter, one with a few tricks up his sleaves, or just some decent arse, huge, alien! :D

And you can't do with out some Dark Jedi to kill, or even some Light Jedi if you choose the Dark side, that'd allow some variation in battle.
 GonkH8er
06-09-2001, 9:57 AM
u know how they ran into a hanger full of stormies on the death star in ANH? that be cool to recreate...

300 stormtroopers lined up, and then they all see you :)

choppy choppy time
 GonkH8er
06-09-2001, 10:00 AM
is it ANH? ah well :)

or an unbeatable jedi. someone you can just spar against or not win against. :) someone you have to run from....

boy i hope the enemies who use force powers use 'push' :)
 Syndrix
06-09-2001, 10:12 AM
I would like to see an elite commando type of trooper. Wearing black armor and equipt with one of the biggest guns in the game, they should be quite strong and have very good AI themselves, so they are hard to kill.

Obviously they would have to be rare, but if placed strategically they could be a challenge. More could be used later in the game.
 CaptainRAVE
06-09-2001, 10:15 AM
With the new AI it'll be cool when enemies work in teams! Like a leader etc :D
 Syndrix
06-09-2001, 10:20 AM
How about a faction of dark jedi that have the ability to cut you off from the force, assuming force pull is still in and these particullar dark jedi use it effectively, you would only be able to use your saber. Makes for some interesting fighting, especially if more than one member of this faction appear.
 Syndrix
06-09-2001, 10:24 AM
I agree with RAVE, imagine walking into a room with 100 stormtroopers commanded by a leader or even a dark jedi that waits for you to fight them first and then after youve killed most of them joins the battle!
 COWB0Y
06-09-2001, 10:29 AM
what would really make the single player game great for me... would be if i could face off against a few mandos in full body armor, fighting with decent AI.
 Letalis
06-09-2001, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Syndrix:
<STRONG>I would like to see an elite commando type of trooper. Wearing black armor and equipt with one of the biggest guns in the game, they should be quite strong and have very good AI themselves, so they are hard to kill.
</STRONG>

You mean Black Ops from Half-Life? ;)

At least that's what they sounds like...
 CaptainRAVE
06-09-2001, 10:41 AM
The AI will be awsome....it tends to be these days.....just look at SOF considerin JK2 is bein made in parallel to its sequel, SOF2!
 StormHammer
06-09-2001, 10:51 AM
Variety is the spice of life, as they say, so I'd like to see variety.

There are obviously going to be Stormtroopers, Dark Jedi and Probe Droids. As for the other Imperial types, who knows?

Personally I'd like to see a Bounty Hunter or two. An Assassin Droid might be good, especially if it was tough. Pirate raiders would allow a lot of flexibility in races, and different weapon/armour combos.

Should there be Rancors and Wampas? I don't know. We had them in MotS, but they could probably be implemented much better now.

What I wouldn't mind seeing is some kind of betrayal...like a Jedi who helps you through one level, but when you near the end of the game/mission, they turn on you without warning.

I guess they could come up with original stuff, too, like they did in MotS with those statues.

The Mailocs could return (those flying things), if they move a bit faster (a speed similar to the things in Heretic 2 would be okay).

I thought the water creatures in JK were the weakest of all, especially the Water Cycs (not sure of the spelling). They never moved, and two shots from a distance with the bow-caster, and they were dead, so they were pointless, IMO.

Any underwater threats should be fast and mean and lethal, IMO. Maybe like those big fish on Naboo. And talking about underwater - if those levels could be something similar to the ones in Rune, it would be great!

There could also be another flying enemy - maybe a bunch of hard-cases on repulsor-sleds taking shots at you. Or maybe they could use jet packs a la Boba Fett.

Heh...just imagine having to fight a bunch of resurrected Mandalorians...that could be fun. :)
 Syndrix
06-09-2001, 10:51 AM
Sorry Letalis, Half-life is one of the few FPS I havent played, plus who cares if it sounds like that. I mean the type of mysterious elite I decribed can be found in many games. MIB's and Commando's in Deus Ex for example. It would still be cool.
 Obi Kwan
06-09-2001, 10:53 AM
There should definately be a Hutt in there some where....Jaba is dead by this point (right?) so maybe friend of the family or something. Although The Phanotom Menace sucked big time, it was still cool to go in and shred Jaba a little bit. An unnecessary but really cool feature.
 Boba Jim
06-09-2001, 10:55 AM
IG-88 types, other droids & bounty hunters, Rancors that fight a little more realisticly, and maybe an ewok just so I can kill it repeatedly. :p
 Syndrix
06-09-2001, 10:56 AM
What about an area where you are outside of a ship, or a level where the gravity is altered due to some factor. Thus the physics would be changed. Imagine having a saber battle where you could jump and float half the room. Sounds interesting....

[ June 09, 2001: Message edited by: Syndrix ]
 Letalis
06-09-2001, 11:01 AM
<STRONG>Sorry Letalis, Half-life is one of the few FPS I havent played, plus who cares if it sounds like that. I mean the type of mysterious elite I decribed can be found in many games. MIB's and Commando's in Deus Ex for example. It would still be cool.</STRONG>

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was attacking you, it was just a very similar description. :)
You're right though, they need some sort of elite troop.

Also some nice big robots? AT-AT's by any chance, and take it out similar to how Luke does in ESB! :D
 GonkH8er
06-09-2001, 11:20 AM
thatd be pretty cool..... or have a button to toggle it.... like in KOP training base :)
 CaptainRAVE
06-09-2001, 11:23 AM
Physics like no gravity will play a big part in it!
 GonkH8er
06-09-2001, 12:12 PM
hrmmmm im not sure ive seen a different amount of gravity on any planet in a star wars movie....... weird.....
 CaptainRAVE
06-09-2001, 12:15 PM
I mean like on the outside of a spaceship or in a special non gravity room in a space ship! :D
 Letalis
06-09-2001, 12:15 PM
Well c'mon, it was back in the days. They didn't have the technology...

Nor even the idea that different gravity existed? :p
 Nek
06-09-2001, 2:02 PM
How about droids that have some kind of force drain preventing you from effectively using your force near them.
They can be the bad ass security for the imperials... i'm thinking men in black style, pistols, sunnies and a deadly variety of combat techniques, but the whole time they're fighting in style.

These are the bots you've always wanted to dispatch.

Just and idea,
Nek.

"Who's the more foolish...the fool or the fool who follows him?" -Ben Kenobi
 CaptainRAVE
06-09-2001, 2:31 PM
Yeah, but we now have the technology to have different gravity effects. I also hope they include surround sound and EAX cause that would be awsome!
 DeathBoLT
06-09-2001, 6:10 PM
Unreal Tournament has one level where u fight on a ship and on the outside of the ship, the grav is reduced.. you always have to be careful about it b/c if u jump to high or drop off the side of the ship or something, u go to far from the ship and explode(like u would in real space). whats really cool about that level is that you're doing it while the ship is traveling in hyperspace and you can see the stars fly by..

i wanna see:
stormtroopers
commandos
jedi
probe droids
battle droids
bounty hunters
pirates

..the possiblities are endless
 wardz
06-09-2001, 6:13 PM
i'd like to see Mara and Leia... DAMN! did I say that out loud? :)

wardz
 CaptainRAVE
06-09-2001, 6:30 PM
Yeah and in UT you could adjust the gravity setting for levels which was cool!
 Espada
06-09-2001, 8:00 PM
i would love to see new sith lords + every thing else i have seen on this post.
 CaptainRAVE
06-09-2001, 8:04 PM
Sith lords....remember there can only b 2. A master and an apprentice, be cool though! :D
 chrispcarter
06-10-2001, 12:15 AM
<STRONG>I would like to see an elite commando type of trooper. Wearing black armor and equipt with one of the biggest guns in the game, they should be quite strong and have very good AI themselves, so they are hard to kill.

Obviously they would have to be rare, but if placed strategically they could be a challenge. More could be used later in the game.</STRONG>

Umm... Syndrix... is it my imagination or did you just describe a Dark Trooper with better A.I.?
 GonkH8er
06-10-2001, 1:57 AM
hrmmmm saber training droids that didnt retaliate, and only blocked, so you could get effective r337 saber skillz happening :)
 DrIfTeR
06-10-2001, 2:07 AM
You mean a ropbot with armor plating and a ysalamari inside?
 CaptainRAVE
06-10-2001, 7:48 AM
Now that would be cool!!!!!!!!!!
 mattpitt
06-10-2001, 10:01 AM
There has to be a whole load of diffrent enimies and at the top of the enemy tree HAS to be the 'SITH'. That would make jedi knight the best! :p
 Syndrix
06-10-2001, 11:24 AM
Actually no, I didnt Jedi_Tyrael. I was talking about organic life forms, namely humans, that had been trained to be the best. They had gone through tests and trails most of there career to get where they were. Dark troopers were massive hulking monstrosities that had been created and assembled. Still very dangerous, but not the same thing.
 Aragorn
06-10-2001, 12:42 PM
And how about those creatures like the one in ANH were Luke Han and Leia are almost crushed in the garbage under the prison of the deathstar...they had one eye on a tentacle or something...
 tulwinn
06-10-2001, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by CaptainRAVE:
<STRONG>I mean like on the outside of a spaceship or in a special non gravity room in a space ship! :D</STRONG>

That fits in with my bad guys, Spacetroopers like in the Dark Force Rising novel would be cool, very tough and smart.
 CaptainRAVE
06-10-2001, 12:59 PM
I suppose that would be quite cool!
 Ki-Adi-Mundi
06-10-2001, 1:28 PM
Originally posted by DrIfTeR
You mean a ropbot with armor plating and a ysalamari inside?That wouldn't work real well because the Jedi use the Force to train. And the ysalamari would obviously block off the use of the Force and any advantage that would give the Jedi in training. And that's not how the Jedi train for saber fighting anyway. Just read some of the books.
 Ice Man
06-10-2001, 1:29 PM
<STRONG>How about a faction of dark jedi that have the ability to cut you off from the force...</STRONG>
What about Ysalamiri? Coupla those creatures here and there in special levels that would stop the use of the force?
 Syndrix
06-10-2001, 1:39 PM
Yes that is true Ice man, but Dark jedi I think would be a more feirce opponent. I agree with you, but my point was if they used force pull ( that was an assumption on my behalf that its in) then they could pull guns from you so its sabers only, and with no force to aid you it would be quite a difficult battle. :)
 Ki-Adi-Mundi
06-10-2001, 1:46 PM
Force pull is in the games. If you saw what some of the devs said when they posted on the forums, they told us (and in previews from E3) that some of what we saw in the 15 second movie was Force Pull. Like Kyle pulling the ST's gun. So I think that we can safely assume that Force Pull will be in the game.
 Syndrix
06-10-2001, 1:51 PM
A point well made Ki-Adi-Mundi, I have seen and read, honesly where is my head sometimes....

Of course now my suggestion works...
;)
 Mart
06-10-2001, 3:59 PM
Originally posted by Aragorn:
<STRONG>And how about those creatures like the one in ANH were Luke Han and Leia are almost crushed in the garbage under the prison of the deathstar...they had one eye on a tentacle or something...</STRONG>

You mean Diangonas, they've been in both DF and JK so far... I know I want to see them in JO again

¬Mart
 StormHammer
06-10-2001, 4:13 PM
I think you mean Dianoga. ;)
 digl
06-10-2001, 6:08 PM
Dianogas! They scared the hell out of me in DF level 2 back in the days

I dont remember where they appeared in JK, they were probably not as good as in DF

DTs should be back, in all the three phases
I want to see a 3000 polys phase 1 trooper
 Jolts
06-10-2001, 11:37 PM
I want to hunt/fight or ride a rancor in part of the game. I would also like to see some evil midgets that are not jawa's. That's just my own warped thing tho'
 Obi Kwan
06-10-2001, 11:53 PM
I just dont want to see those damn flying creatures, the bat like ones. I can't stand enemies that keep attacking your head and then fly off!!! ugh!!! :mad:
Page: 1 of 2