Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

ok..... your Q3 engine and your new effects would greatly

Page: 1 of 1
 consultant
06-20-2001, 11:44 PM
Ok..... your Q3 engine and your new effects would greatly produce very high and unstable lag that multiplayer shouldnt be on there.... i say that you should have a resolution switcher that can go at least 680X1260 pixles or higher. and all you other people who is going to play it..... i suggest you stick to that resolution because of all the new effects including rumors of increased concussion rifle damage and new lightsaber scorch marks i suggest you stay at 680X1260 resolution in case of high lag.... i'm not sure if they are going to enable multiplayer but it does just keep it at that resolution. :eek:
 bsbuckeye21
06-20-2001, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by problems with the game:
<STRONG>give my email to spammers...</STRONG>

You're the boss.

And it looks like someone wants some attention on these boards. :rolleyes:

Really, trolls aren't appreciated here.
 SithSeeD
06-20-2001, 11:51 PM
ummm... the Quake 3 engine has a great network engine in it. It was designed for Deathmatch... and Id tried to reduce lag to a minimum. Sure the poly count may be high, and all the small detailed effects may cause lag. But why would you play JK 2 multiplayer, unless you had one hell of a machine and a good broadband connection. Trust me by the time the game comes out, even more powerful computers will exist.

SithSeeD :mad: :mad:
 GonkH8er
06-21-2001, 5:35 AM
680x1260?
 Swoosh
06-21-2001, 5:42 PM
When you are playing a multiplayer game, graphics are not sent in the packets that go from client to server or vice versa. Just the information on what is happening throughout the map (ie, player is jumping, running somewhere, picking up a rail gun) travels through packets. All rendering of graphics takes place on YOUR computer. So, resolution doesn't affect the network, as long as your resolution isn't so high, making the game unplayable for YOU and you only.

Swoosh
 Lucky
06-21-2001, 7:26 PM
what in the name of all thats intelligent is this dood jibber jabberin bout?

he wants us to run JKO on rectangular monitors? 600/1200? what?

Lucky
 Swoosh
06-21-2001, 8:39 PM
You BETTER go out and buy a 16:9 HDTV monitor NOW!!! ;)

Swoosh
 Xeph
06-22-2001, 4:26 AM
Sigh...
 BluRR
06-22-2001, 11:01 AM
i suggest you stick to that resolution because of all the new effects including rumors of increased concussion rifle damage and new lightsaber scorch marks i suggest you stay at 680X1260 resolution in case of high lag....

Do you mean 640x480 resolution? If you've got a decent video card, you shouldn't have to worry about lag. Unless you've got yourself a decent computer, or are planning to get one, i'd forget about playing this game.
 Sithxace
06-22-2001, 8:42 PM
When the game comes out, itll be good ratings, but multiplayer might not be as good as the older JK.

Question: You think they have computer cutscenes or real life ones like in Jk
 Sithxace
06-22-2001, 8:43 PM
When the game comes out, itll be good ratings, but multiplayer might not be as good as the older JK.
 Sithxace
06-22-2001, 8:44 PM
 Sithxace
06-22-2001, 8:45 PM
 Sithxace
06-22-2001, 8:46 PM
 Sithxace
06-22-2001, 10:19 PM
sorry, i thought it says ya gotta post in 30 secs for floodin
 Kurgan
06-23-2001, 2:37 AM
You can go back and Edit or Delete your own posts.. (click the http://www.jediknightii.net/forum/edit_ubb6.gif) icon in your post) you know. I suggest you clean up the mess you made (hey, it happens to a lot of us, at least once in awhile).

If you ever see a message like "internal server error" just hit "back" a couple of times and refresh (your post will appear, it worked the first time). If you keep hitting the submit button, it will post itself numerous times.

Kurgan

[ June 22, 2001: Message edited by: Kurgan ]
Page: 1 of 1