Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

that gamespot preview..

Page: 1 of 1
 NeJJa
06-20-2001, 5:46 PM
dont think this has been posted yet..

Gamespot Preview (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/previews/0%2C10869%2C2761789%2C00.html)

For your reading comfort i have selected the parts i deem important:::

LucasArts assures us that the Raven designers are taking full advantage of Team Arena's terrain renderer to generate [b]expansive outdoor areas.[b] (!!!)

Most of his lightsaber techniques are taken directly from Jedi Knight--such as automatically deflecting laser bolts (hmm...)

Additionally, the developers have implemented the GHOUL 2 animation system from Soldier of Fortune II into Jedi Knight II, and they've doubled the polygon capacity of the Quake III engine.

LucasArts anticipates that the game should be completed by this time next year.

and as i read the date i realize everyone on this forum has read the preview.

*bashes head into monitor over and over*

i dont know if i like the automatic blocking though...
 wardz
06-20-2001, 6:26 PM
I didn't pick up that bit about the saber first time, I wonder how they came to that conclusion? They saw the same level we did. Perhaps they couldn't describe the moves so they just said that to facilitate things...

wardz
 Vagabond
06-20-2001, 6:48 PM
Trust me, if someone's rapid-firing a Storm Trooper rifle at you, you're going to thank your lucky stars you have auto-blaster deflection.

Although, it would be kind of cool to stand up like a batter, swing, and really slug a blaster bolt back at its shooter. But when things get hairy, doing so would overwhelm normal Human reflexes.
 Lucky
06-20-2001, 7:57 PM
you could do a lighting effect that obscured the actual contact of the bolt with the saber, that way you'd just swing towards the general area of the bolt. Wouldn't require such super human reflexes =P

actually thats what im gonna do for the mod im workin on...

Lucky
 wardz
06-20-2001, 8:39 PM
Lucky, are you doing a mod now? How would that work?

wardz
 Mafia_Jabba
06-21-2001, 2:23 AM
who isn't doing a mod these days
Page: 1 of 1