Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Concussion Rifle

Page: 1 of 1
 thrEEpaGe
06-03-2001, 2:57 AM
They better have a concussion rifle or a reasonable facsimile in JKO. That is like the only good gun for multiplayer.

Another thing to discuss:
Will MSN host JK2 rooms to play?

"Not so cocky now, Mr. Not So Cocky Now!" :p
 Thrawn
06-03-2001, 3:05 AM
I want the repeater rifle in the game as well.

The game will most likely be hosted over it's own servers like Elite Force and the other games with a Quake III engine. Just my guess tho.
 ZeroXcape
06-03-2001, 5:37 AM
I'm sure whether they have the concussion rifle or not, Raven will implement a gun similar in strength.
 DeathBoLT
06-03-2001, 6:23 AM
ive played q3, and i think the splash damage radius is TOO big for a q3 engine gamespeed. it'd be as devastating as the reedeemer.. they'd have to reduce splash damage, and that would mean seriously messing with the conc as we know it..
they ought to work in a different weapon with adjusted splash damage to preserve the conc's good name... this is all of course if they decide to include any splash damage weapons beyond thermals...

maybe the bowcastor will be sporting the splash damage radius of the q3 rocket launcher?

however they work it, i want something creative and not a rip off of q3 or ut..

----------
i think i can deal with zone hosting it, as long as they work in a way to keep dedicated servers...

'sides, zfs makes it easier to keep in contact with people anyways...

[ June 03, 2001: Message edited by: [eVe]DeathBoLT ]
 KillerBee
06-03-2001, 7:31 AM
its doubtable that JK2 will have the same game speed as q3. It could still have force speed.. but I would guess it will be lower.
q3s rls always felt wussy tho. as long as its nothing like that.
 Kwup
06-03-2001, 2:35 PM
Ya they wont make gunz that can outdo sabers, since in JK I could own a saber d00d with every single gun except for maybe the blaster
Page: 1 of 1