Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Don't Forget the Audio Taunts

Page: 1 of 1
 Boba Jim
06-08-2001, 5:15 PM
Will Raven remember to include a good selection of taunts that can be assigned to several keyboard keys? I for one hope so. It's been quite a while since a FPS came with a large selection of audio taunts that you could hear when you said it to everybody.

The last few I've played let you send them but you couldn't hear them yourself when you sent it. Then others have been limited to a single audio taunt depending on the character. The custom taunts made by users are all well and good, but they don't replace a large selection of taunts that ships with the game that everybody can hear.
I've been missing that capability since Outlaws. Tossin' audio taunts around in a fire fight was some of the best fun yet. ;)
 wardz
06-08-2001, 5:27 PM
it'd be great if they put a few old skool star wars ones on. I cant see it but never the less..

wardz
 matt--
06-09-2001, 1:01 AM
What about your visual taughts?
*thrusts pelvis*
 Ki-Adi-Mundi
06-09-2001, 1:43 AM
no no no, you got it backwards matt-windu. At least i think you do.

*pelvic thrust*

Man, that puts a weird image in your head doesn't it?

My friend Zero made some of his own taunts for MotS. It was really cool. Sounds and text. So you'd press the taunt key, and you would hear the music, and be able to read it at the same time. He had some beavis and butt head taunts that were the funniest thing to use while having a lightsaber battle. :p

(this is the second time i've had to edit this thing)

Oh yeah! I'm all for the audio taunts. Those just rock in Multiplayer.

[ June 08, 2001: Message edited by: Ki-Adi-Mundi ]
 GonkH8er
06-09-2001, 2:43 AM
i always loved the tribes and tribes 2 audio taunts and animations. dancing on a corpse is always a lot of fun :)
 StormHammer
06-09-2001, 9:18 AM
Audio taunts would certainly be fun. I hope they have an autotaunt as well if they include bots. And I too think they should be firmly grounded in Star Wars. I mean, how about these during MP...

"Laught it up, Fuzzball!"
"He's got a Thermal Detonator!"
"It's not my fault!"
"You scruffy-looking Nerf Herder!"
"Kiss a Wookie!"
"Laser-brain!"
"Let the Wookie win!"
"Impressive...most impressive!"
"You are not a Jedi yet!"
"Obi-Wan has taught you well!"
"I'm just full of surprises!"
"I have a bad feeling..."
"That's one less Rebel!"
"Come on Goldenrod!"
"Everyone has delusions of grandeur!"
"Close the Blast Doors!"
"We're quite safe from your pitiful band!"
"Start the evacutation!"

Heh ;)
 Letalis
06-09-2001, 9:25 AM
You forgot:

"It is your destiny..."

:D
 Letalis
06-09-2001, 9:26 AM
Oh, oh, and Jabba's evil laugh... :)
 CaptainRAVE
06-09-2001, 9:28 AM
Im sure Raven will make loads of taunts...hopefully more than in EF..lol.

And who voted my down one....sly!
 wardz
06-09-2001, 4:07 PM
That would be mint in SP if you got out a thermal detonator and they screamed 'hes got a thermal detonator' or something to that effect,

having decent sound effects is very important, hopefully more than one noise when you return blaster fire or swing your saber is included..its a must

wardz
 CaptainRAVE
06-09-2001, 4:15 PM
I hope they include a good surround sound system and EAX like they did in EF....that really adds effect!
 ed_silvergun
06-09-2001, 8:04 PM
Yeah, I agree. Ditch the A3D.
 Ice Man
06-09-2001, 8:34 PM
I hope there'll be skirmish mode that involves being able to play a whole variety of characters like in Elite Force. Each would have it's on set of custom taunts, but you should be able to customize it by mix-and-matching them together.
 CaptainRAVE
06-10-2001, 7:09 AM
Arnt you just soooooo glad the license has been given to RAVEN! AT last we can get some quality games.
 Ki-Adi-Mundi
06-10-2001, 12:52 PM
It is a big plus for us.

You forgot this one too:

"You will join me or Die!"
 matt--
06-10-2001, 2:39 PM
I think "He's got a thermal detonator!" would get annoying after awhile...especially if it is your favorite weapon.
 Wilhuf
06-10-2001, 3:42 PM
"All too easy" would have to be included.
 Finalnight
06-11-2001, 12:29 AM
who can forget, when the other team is outnumbered 7 to 4,

"Wipe them out, all of them"
 Boba Jim
06-11-2001, 3:20 PM
All good suggestions.

Now, to get this topic back above all 8 light saber topics, let's not forget about...

"You are no match for the Dark Side."
&
"Gonk!"
Page: 1 of 1