Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi Knight 2 Demo

Page: 1 of 1
 SaberRage
06-19-2001, 11:32 AM
There is alot of confusion on the release date for jk2.. Before christmas or during Epi2..

I think that it would be Christmas because people will still buy the game when Epi2 comes out.. I started playing Jk because of epi 1 myself.

But from what i hear when Jedi Knight first came out the demo was released a long long time before.. Maybe jk2 might do this :)
 Swoosh
06-19-2001, 1:17 PM
No, the Jedi Knight demo came out only a few weeks before the game was released (if my memory serves me correctly). That is the trend with LEC and their demos...just a few days or weeks before the full version is released. The good thing about the JK demo was it included a single player and multiplayer misson. It was a lot of fun for us WAY old veterans. Who knows though...LEC has been doing a lot of things differently recently so maybe they'll change that trend as well.

Swoosh
 Sherack Nhar
06-19-2001, 7:42 PM
Well, XWing Alliance and Escape From Monkey Island had their demos out quite some time before the game was released, so we had time to reports bugs and feedback.

But they hardly listened anyway :D
 OnlyOneCanoli
06-19-2001, 9:27 PM
X-Wing Alliance demo was out 3 days before the game. Or maybe 4. FoCom came out way after the game was released. I forget about EMI.
 SaberRage
06-19-2001, 11:14 PM
Im certain that the demos were out a long before the full thing...
 GonkH8er
06-20-2001, 12:39 AM
i remember playing level 6 of jediknight in the demo over and over and over til i had done EVERYTHING 20 times :)

and thats also how i got sick of bespin... and why i never play it hehehe

but this is raven, so dont go necessarily by what happened with jk. have a look and see how long before the fv the demo is released for raven games....
 Thrawn
06-20-2001, 1:04 AM
Who knows when the demo will be out? The shadow knows :)
 Jeff Walters
06-20-2001, 2:27 AM
Swoosh is right - the Jediknight demo came out only a short time before the game did.
 Roger
06-20-2001, 4:21 PM
AFAIK or remember LEC has a tendency to release their demo's just before or after the full release...

Roger
 Ice Man
06-20-2001, 9:35 PM
Remember the latest JKII video. The guy spoke briefly about getting out a playable demo. I think Raven will have a demo out before the game is released. I don't know Raven that well, though.
 bsbuckeye21
06-20-2001, 9:51 PM
If I can remember correctly, EMI came out like a month before the game! Just a tad too long, IMO.
 GonkH8er
06-21-2001, 5:25 AM
afaik LEC hasnt ever had beta testers for their games...... but what about raven?

im not sure on the lec thing, so dont quote me on it
 Omne
06-21-2001, 7:43 PM
Hopefully they'll just release the demo *before* the game is out..I hate it when companies release the game, then the demo.
 Roger
06-21-2001, 7:47 PM
It would make sence to release the demo before the full game comes out. It would be a great teaser for the real product... It's all marketing...

I don't think LEC will do a beta technology release for bug hunting a la id software...
 digl
06-22-2001, 1:34 AM
afaik LEC hasnt ever had beta testers for their games
You mean open beta testing
I doubt they develop a game and they just start selling them and no one had tested them
specially If you think that LEC games use to be bugless

I doubt Raven has any control at all about releasing the demo
They are just in charge of development
 Xeph
06-22-2001, 4:24 AM
Know what else would be a great teaser? Not releasing anything. The market tension would build and idiots would start camping outside the store... *cough* JoeSolo *cough*
 GEJoeSolo
06-22-2001, 5:59 AM
yeah so, what if I do. I'll be the first person to get it, and I will have gotten it at the earliest possible time without leaving my time zone
 Xeph
06-22-2001, 7:57 AM
And you'll have that extra 5 hour edge on the rest of us? DAMN!
 GonkH8er
06-22-2001, 9:08 AM
im one of the farthest into the future people here (apart from the new zealander) and its 8:08 here now.

anyway, that method of tension building by not releasing anything doesnt always work.

You say absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I say absence makes the heart grow hollow.

people will move on, play with other games, forget about it.

and when it comes out, theyll think "oh, is that the game i was obsessed with for like, 3 months? damn, i wish i had known about this other cool game sooner so i could have forgotten about jk2"
 pops2002
06-22-2001, 9:18 AM
I'd rather the full game that a full bugged demo !
 GonkH8er
06-22-2001, 10:04 AM
well a buggy beta is the most you'll get before a release :)
 Tie Guy
06-22-2001, 2:58 PM
I seem to remember LEC saying that they wer focussing on getting games done, rather thatn getting demos out. Anyone remember that, or is it just me?

Still, this IS Raven, but i think LEC is pretty much looking over their shoulders.
 jonkomar
06-22-2001, 3:47 PM
Really, you can not judge this game by comparing to others. It will be a suprise however it happens.

Scepter
 Roger
06-22-2001, 4:04 PM
So please help me remember again, so the point of this whole discussion is?

Come on people, there will be a demo, and you'll be able to play it when Lucasarts releases it. When? Only the people at Lucasarts know...

And since all of us in here are going to buy the game, a demo would be a waste of download bandwidth for us anyway...
Page: 1 of 1