Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Admiral Thrawn

Page: 1 of 1
 Bartolo_JCS
06-18-2001, 1:35 AM
Great character to tie in the story with...
 acdcfanbill
06-18-2001, 1:48 AM
yes i agree, Thrawn is a great charcter, in fact, i wouldnt mind him being president, what a genius, anyways, that would depend on what time JO is actually set at, so, no one knows if that will work, 'cept maybe lucasarts, or riven people. in fact, i was sorry to see him get it, well, i guess thats the way of all great stratigists, like patton... anyways, im way off track, here...
 Darth Simpson
06-18-2001, 2:24 AM
I don't know, I would like to see more of a free storyline. Placing Thrawn could complicate things story-wise, making things conflict in the EU universe.

Still, if they can make it, Thrawn would be a worthy opponent for Kyle. :D
 Swoosh
06-18-2001, 4:36 AM
Well, I think JK and MOTS violated the EU timeline enough...why not have more damage occur? =) Hell, look at Racer 2! Anakin returns from the Jedi training to re-enter the pod racing championship. Wouldn't he have moved beyond gambling and the like? Oh well, I guess it all makes for a good game!

Thrawn is awesome...but I don't see how he could fit into the game that well. He was more of a fleet commander than anything...and JK2 won't really involve fleets of ships. But, it'd be neat to have someone from the EU in the story!

Swoosh
 En Taro Taldarin
06-18-2001, 8:48 AM
JK/MOTS still count, they don't actually violate anything, they just have events happen that seem a little odd for all the standard EU characters to ignore.

The reason why Racer II can be ignored and the DF series cannot, is because it's an arcade style game. It isn't meant to be taken too seriously, and probanly will violate many things when it comes out.
 Vagabond
06-18-2001, 12:47 PM
The problem with having Thrawn in this game is that these events take place before the Heir to the Empire trilogy. If he is in this game, his idenity must not be revealed to Kyle, since Thrawn was unknown to the New Republic until the first book of the trilogy - and most certainly Thrawn doesn't die here - not yet.
 Wilhuf
06-18-2001, 6:56 PM
My Star Wars Expanded Universe history is pretty hazy. I thought Jedi Outcast took place at the same time as Heir to the Empire or even later, say around Vision of the Future. That would give Thrawn a window of opportunity to do his thing in Jedi Outcast.

BTW the original TIE Fighter would be somewhat inconsistent with Zahn canon since it featured then vice admiral Thrawn. TIE Figher took place while the Emperor was still alive.

Oh well as has been said, it's a game. The coolness factor has to take precdence over consistency, as long as it doesn't damage the story.

Thrawn has demonstrated interest in the Force, and in manipulating Jedis and Imperial Officers for his own ends. Thrawn is our man! What other villain from the Expanded Universe do we really respect, aside from, say Captain Paelleon (sp?)?
 GEJoeSolo
06-18-2001, 7:18 PM
make it thrawn's father or something. that would be intresting....

I really dont care. but if they made jar jar a killable player in the game I will personaly by 1 milion copys, you get that LEC!
 En Taro Taldarin
06-18-2001, 7:37 PM
Wilhuf's right, Thrawn would be dead. Thrawn's father would be interesting though, but that would sort of ruin the 'mysteriousness' of the Chiss.
 Vagabond
06-18-2001, 7:46 PM
What if it was Thrawn's brother's, wife's uncle's, sister's, cousin's (twice removed), fiance's, milk man's, therapist? That would be sweeeeeeeeet ;)
 En Taro Taldarin
06-18-2001, 7:49 PM
Whoa there Vagabond, you don't even know if Chiss drink milk, get married, have therapists, or even use similar terms to describe relations. :D
 Sherack Nhar
06-18-2001, 8:21 PM
Seriously, I don't think Thrawn has a place in the game. Like someone else said, he's a Commander, not a fighter.

Make it a cloned Jango Fett or something!
 matt--
06-18-2001, 8:28 PM
What if it was your own Father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roomate? I'd like that!
 ed_silvergun
06-18-2001, 9:03 PM
Originally posted by Vagabond:
<STRONG>What if it was Thrawn's brother's, wife's uncle's, sister's, cousin's (twice removed), fiance's, milk man's, therapist?</STRONG>

Well we've had Galactic Plumberman, so I don't see why we shouldn't have Galactic Milkman. ;)
 GEJoeSolo
06-18-2001, 9:24 PM
I'd like to see the games have more tie's with the movies, or the books. I think just having characters from the books have some small parts in the games would be really cool. we all know about how disfunctional luke's family is. but what about fett's family. even han had a family once. and I think wookies should be in JO. wookiee's rule
 Wilhuf
06-18-2001, 9:44 PM
Yes, Brawn fits the bill ... perfectly.
 GonkH8er
06-18-2001, 9:49 PM
Galactic Milkman! Fathering the children of suburban families everywhere! Now in his 32nd year of adultery inducing actions, the milkman plans for his biggest goal yet....

To get it onnnnnnnnn with Miss Mara Jade...... ohhhhhh yeahhhhhhhh..... :cool:
 GEJoeSolo
06-19-2001, 1:18 AM
I can see it now "Chewbacca dose StarWars"
 DeathBoLT
06-19-2001, 1:43 AM
Chiss Assault Commandos
 Mafia_Jabba
06-19-2001, 2:07 AM
Star Wars essential chronology is a great book if you are looking for timelines and stuff...and there is a racer II?
 Bartolo_JCS
06-19-2001, 2:15 AM
lol, nice sig
 Mafia_Jabba
06-19-2001, 2:16 AM
thanks...lol...sometimes I wonder about myself
 Swoosh
06-19-2001, 5:09 AM
yea...there is a Racer 2...it's called REVENGE. There isn't too much info out on it yet, besides the press release and a few screenshots. The info's at LEC's E3 sections...

lucasarts.com/e3

Looks pretty cool. Expect some new information out soon ***

Swoosh
 Thrawn
06-20-2001, 12:10 AM
*sniff*
The love me, they really love me!

I would love to see me again anyway in the EU :)

As for Thrawn in TIE Fighter, he was never revealed to the Rebels. He was the internal guy who tracked down the rogue Imperial Admirals.
 Lucky
06-20-2001, 5:00 AM
hehe, bart you dink, if yer gonna be a sw geek like me you gotta go all out, none of this "ill read the zahn books, but forget the rest of the EU" =P

JiaN
Page: 1 of 1