Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Entities thread What........{Flight etc...

Page: 1 of 1
 SithTexasDeath
06-07-2001, 8:03 PM
I would like to see are some great enetities like in q3a.Jk2 and the q3a engine woot! What would be kool to see in JK 2 would be is to some where along kyles missions he were to come across a JET PACK or 2 Like in Shadows for the n64. Deathmatch online with Jet Packs would OWn! What are some entities you peeps would like to see?
 CaptainRAVE
06-08-2001, 4:31 PM
Anything would do me!
 Obi Kwan
06-14-2001, 8:15 PM
It would also be interesting to see some underwater playability; like when heading to that gungan place whatever the hell its called. Would the sabres still work under there? It would be kinda cool, though.
 CaptainRAVE
06-14-2001, 8:17 PM
Apparantly lightsabres arnt supposed to be able to work under water!!!! Like in The Phantom Menace you couldnt use it under the water!!
 The Wanderer
06-14-2001, 8:34 PM
how quickly they forget. lightsabers worked underwater in JK, also in Splinter of the Mind's Eye. So, there are 2 examples of lightsabers being used under water. in The Phantom Flop they never needed to use their sabers underwater.

Speaking of the Phantom Flop, why did the gungans build a city underwater???? if they can breath underwater, why bother building their underwater city inside of giant air domes?? and another stupid thing from TMP... nahhh, why bother, I could go on all day. :)
 Mafia_Jabba
06-16-2001, 12:38 AM
Please do not refer to it as the Phantom Flop, because you are only degrating the man who created everything that we are talking about on these forms. Furhtermore, you have to room to even intially try to disgrace the movie because I believe you, even at your fully best, cannot create anything nearly as good or better. So when you can do something that good and inventive, please then you have room to criticize.
 The Wanderer
06-16-2001, 1:53 AM
www.gmppictures.com) (http://www.gmppictures.com)

we were nominated for best picture last year in the Rewind amature movie awards and Oranges: the Movie looks to be the front runner in this years awards. I honestly believe if we had 180 MILLION dollas to work with that we COULD make a better movie than the Phantom Flop. Actually, given 180 million dollars I think an ape could have made a better movie.

George Lucas is not a god, he is not an idol to be worshiped, he's a man who made 1 billion dollars because he was lucky enough to be surrounded by some very talented people such as Ralph McQuarie and a slew of special effects geniuses. Star Wars would NOT be as popular as it is if the special effects were on par with those of classic Star Trek episodes. George Lucas wanted the Writer/Director credit, so he opted not to have anyone help him with the or review script (like with the first 3 movies back when 21st Century Fox was footing the bill), ergo we ended up with the wildly unimaginitive script to the Phantom Flop. I've sat down with my friends and we've hammered out at least a dozen ways the Phantom Flop could have been improved with basic narrative plot elements. So YES, with 180 million dollars, I do think I could have made a better movie. A movie without Jar Jar who was designed to sell toys
 Mafia_Jabba
06-17-2001, 10:57 PM
If you didn't know...Star Wars is George Lucas's vision..not yours..so whatever he puts in the movie is what belongs int he movie..not what is aspirically driven or blah blah blah..but what he "sees" as what "fits" in the universe..so just shut up w/ all the flop shmop ****
 Sherack Nhar
06-18-2001, 1:09 AM
I'm sorry, Wanderer, but I must disagree with you. George Lucas is a man with many visions. Don't even limit him to Star Wars. Although these were his best movies, don't forget about THX 1138, which I still consider as one of the best movies of all time.

Episode One wasn't his best film, we know it, but it certainly wasn't a flop. And I'm not talking about sales. If Phantom Menace would have been the first Star Wars movie to come out, it would be the year's blockbuster, and everybody would be talking about it.

I highly doubt, although I don't know you, that you could create a movie with as much impact as A New Hope using the same budget. But that is not the question anyway.

I'm sorry if I'm hurting your feelings, Wanderer, but I had to get this off my chest. Give Lucas the credit he rightly deserves.
 Mafia_Jabba
06-18-2001, 1:16 AM
thanks Nhar..finally someone w/ logic =)
 SithTexasDeath
06-18-2001, 3:23 AM
And that has what to do with entities for jk2?
:rolleyes:
 The Wanderer
06-18-2001, 5:59 AM
For starters, I didn't say I could make a movie with as much impact as A New Hope. I said with a similar budget I could make a better movie than the Phantom Flop. Easily. And then I went on to say an ape could've made a better movie than the Phantom Flop. I love the classic trilogy. ANH, ESB, and ROTJ are true classics.

Trust me, I know movies, and you're giving Lucas too much credit. Film is a collaborative effort. it takes MANY people to make a good movie. I don't think Lucas is this GREAT genius that he's made out to be. Lucas didn't design the ships, lucas didn't act in the movie (Harrison Ford altered many of his lines because Lucas's dialogue was so dry), lucas didn't invent any of the FX techniques that are responcible for making ANH the hit it was. And if you ask me these people have as much right to claim it as their vision as does Lucas.

IMHO what went wrong with the Phantom Flop was Lucas had too much control and his mediocrity shone through. He had a bit more control in ROTJ than in the other two previous movies and we ended up with Ewoks. (hmmmm... I bet cute little fuzzy bears would sell a lot of toys)

If the Phantom Flop really is the best thing since sliced bread, then WHY are there fans out there re-writting the script? Why are there fans out there re-editing the movie?

The Phantom Flop was a terrible emotionless script with ILM quaity special effects (easy enough to do when you own ILM) and sub-par acting. Take out the Star Wars name, and have it take place in another new fictional universe and ask yourself what you'd have thought of it.

I really wonder why so many people are sheep or lemmings, and let themselves be brainwashed by hype and advertising. It's like fandom is some kind of sheild for protecting yourself against the scourage of thinking.

Speak out a bit more, maybe someone will hear and Episode 2 won't suck.
 JediBendu
06-18-2001, 1:50 PM
Actually there was a scene cut from the Phantom Menace where Obi-Wan's lightsabre was shorted out when he fell in the water on Naboo, that's why Qui-Gon had to rescue him from the STAP chasing him through the woods (just after Qui-Gon had first met Jar Jar).

Rumour has it that the scene will be available on the DVD, but anyway you can find the pictures at http://theforce.net)

Thus lightsabres cannot be used under water and JK and MOTS were incorrect, unless Kyle had the secret of aquatic lightsabres passed down to him by Rahn. ;)
 Mafia_Jabba
06-18-2001, 2:20 PM
What movie are we talking about here..when you start referring to its real name the Phantom Menace..and actually have some dignity and respect for peoples work then we can talk..when you show a LITTLe respect for other people and stop being blinded buy YOUR own empty talent..then we MAY have a little conversation..but you and many people like you don't see their own egotistical actions and bias views..btw fans have no right to re-edit or re-write scripts..I never said Lucas was our savior or anything..but don't say it was a flop just because he made it the way he wanted it to...if you didn't know..star wars is owned by him..so whatever HE say GOES..nuff said BOOHYA
 The Wanderer
06-19-2001, 1:14 AM
Empty talent? awful presumptuous when you've never even seen my work. Personal attacks aside, what the heck does that have ANYTHIG to do with TPF sucking?? I'll have as much dignity and respect for Lucas' work when he has some dignity and respect for my, and million's of other fan's intelligence. To have that souless 2 hour toy advertisement thrown at my face was a grand insult to lifelong fans who has given GL a LOT of money over the years.

And what do you mean no right?????? I've been a fan of SW for litterally my entier life, giving GL money. He owes his entier fortune to Star Wars fans, and then to insult them like that with that souless, and I can't emphasize that point enough, SOULESS, movie. do you really think we should give Lucasarts and Lucasfilm money for a 2 hour Jar Jar Binks toy advertisement and then thank them for the privilage?

I'm glad somone had the presence of mind to re-edit that filth and take back some of their dignity. He re-edited HIS own copy of the film, which he PAID for. If I buy a Metalica T-shirt and decide to cut it into pieces and use it as a rag, it's my T-shirt and I have every right to do so. NOBODY is making money off of copies of the Phantom Flop re-edit, it wasn't re-edited to make money distributing it, it was re-edited because someone was SO upset at the low quality of the film they decided to improve their copy and other people wanted to see. except for maybe postage, no money is made. The only reason It's spread as widely as it has is because fans are very eager to get a copy of TPF that might suck just a little bit less. Now doesn't that really say something about the movie?
 Mafia_Jabba
06-19-2001, 1:48 AM
Phantom Flop

All I really want is for you to at least call it The Phantom Menace..its original name..It may not...in your eyes live up to the name..but at least show the fans who like it and the crew that helped make it some respect on what they worked on.

BTW..no hard feelings about all this right? Even though we said some harsh things.

[ June 18, 2001: Message edited by: Mafia_Jabba ]
 The Wanderer
06-19-2001, 2:33 AM
No harsh feelings, it's a passionate topic I guess. I'll never break though, ha ha ha. tell you what, let's just let it drop and talk about JK2? deal?
 Mafia_Jabba
06-19-2001, 2:35 AM
deal deal..I won't break either LMAo...*shake*??
 DeathBoLT
06-19-2001, 2:38 AM
hey, get back on topic!
 The Wanderer
06-19-2001, 2:46 AM
Ok then, back to JK2 and sabers underwater... In both JK and splinter of the mind's eye (that book that takes place between ANH and ESB), sabers were used underwater. Now, as to Obi Wan's saber shorting out, if that happened in a scene that was cut from the movie, does it still count? If you think about it, there is no real reason that the saber shouldn't work underwater. It doesn't emit smoke, so it doesn't appear to be consuming oxygen. it's not a stream of fire, it's some kind of light energy/plasma beam. And light definately can travel through water.
 Mafia_Jabba
06-19-2001, 3:03 AM
that actually sounds logical..but aren't there like a lot of electronical components in a light saber? and they don't appear to be water proof
 NeJJa
06-19-2001, 3:07 AM
... guys!!! :eek:
 Mafia_Jabba
06-19-2001, 3:15 AM
Im just saying my opinion...=P really..whatever they have in the game Im sure will be great...I dont really care as long as its fun..Im not going to be "The Simpsons Comic Book Guy" (which is what I refer these people to) who check every detail.
 JediBendu
06-21-2001, 12:59 PM
The scene is going to be on the DVD release aparently, and the scene is in the comic adaptaion of the film, which is as strong evidence as Splinter of the Mind's eye.

Also in the Star Wars roleplaying game adventure: Battle for the Golden Sun, it said that 'sabres used underwater would fizz and try and twist out of their user's hands.
 CaptainRAVE
06-21-2001, 4:24 PM
I totally trust raven. What ever they think will be good in the game, then it WILL be good!!!!!!!!
 acdcfanbill
06-23-2001, 4:03 PM
maybe the sabers working underwater should be looked at from a different angle, maybe they are like watches, an expensive watch or a good watch work under water, cheep-ies dont. so maybe since obi-wan was just young, he didnt make a really good model of a lightsaber, not one that is waterproof, or of a different design, that doesnt work under water. so, both sides could be right then... good idea, no?
 Roger
06-23-2001, 4:55 PM
Hmmm... I think it's not up to Raven to deside on what will end up in the game. I think LucasArts will have the final say about all the aspects of the game. Raven is just developing and creating it for LucasArts...

I do think that they will do a good job though :D
Page: 1 of 1