Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Episode 2 Connection ?

Page: 1 of 1
 QSPR9
06-15-2001, 8:20 PM
Well, I was just browsing over at theforce.net and saw that there was some discussion about new force powers (possibly) appearing in the next episode. Those comments got me thinking about the possible JK2 - EP2 connection that has been rumored for some time, perhaps the new force powers in EP2 will be featured in JK2? They sound very interesting to say the least. The discussion about the powers is in the "latest news" section of the ep2 news on theforce.net.

Hopefully this hasn't been brought up recently, I didn't see anything about this on the first couple of pages :)
 CaptainRAVE
06-15-2001, 8:26 PM
Its quite possible that Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 could be made into the sequels. It would fit real well into a trilogy and would be a real good stroyline. Episode 2 might have some links, unlikely though.
 Lucky
06-16-2001, 5:31 AM
er, lucas is gonna die of heart disease waaaaay before he gets even halfway tempted to make another trilogy. + as far as EU stuff goes, JK's story line is one of the less interesting ones around.

On top of that, the few times he's pondered making another one in public he's generally discussed continuing the story of *anakins children* That'd have jack squat to do with Kyle Katarn. *cough* peterparkerripoff *cough*.

Pweeese, don't preface ridiculous postulations like that with "its possible..." just about gave me a hernia, rolfmao.

Lucky
 GonkH8er
06-16-2001, 5:38 AM
perhaps we'll see some force-saber throwing in episode 2? :)
 En Taro Taldarin
06-18-2001, 2:19 PM
Sabre throwing wouldn't be too interesting, it's just one use of telekinesis. The connection would probably be in the storyline I would think.
 Vagabond
06-18-2001, 2:32 PM
Calm down, Lucky. No need to tell someone their idea is ridiculous. After all, just about anything is possible.

Regarding a link to JK2, heck, maybe we'll see Kyle's father, Morgan Katarn, as a young man in Episode II. Maybe a Dark Jedi that was hurt by Kyle's father turns out to be the villain in JKII - a Dark Jedi intent on revenge against the offspring of Morgan Katarn. Who knows? As long as we're all just brainstorming, pulling ideas out of thin air, no idea is ridiculous.

Play nice :cool:
 matt--
06-18-2001, 4:24 PM
On behalf of everything that is good, I would like to thank you QSPR9! You actually looked back through the forum pages...before your first post! We need more people like him. Oh...and welcom to the forums.
 QSPR9
06-18-2001, 9:37 PM
Well, I actually meant that the link between JK2 and EP2 (as TFN rumored a while ago (<a href="http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?action=getstory&storyID=10572") target="_blank">here</a>)) was that new EP2 force powers (that we hadn't seen in the previous films), would appear in the game. Meaning that the "Connection to the new film in the game" would be the prescence of the new EP2 force powers in the game. That's what I meant hehe :)

[ June 18, 2001: Message edited by: QSPR9 ]
 matt--
06-18-2001, 9:40 PM
I knew what you meant. It's just that too many people post repeat topics. And you didn't!
Page: 1 of 1