Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Will sabers stop all fire?

Page: 1 of 1
 BlazinSaber
06-07-2001, 11:50 AM
from that little catch of e3 booth, it seems the saber reflects every shot fired...
 GonkH8er
06-07-2001, 11:57 AM
probably depends on your force level and where you're looking.....

we shall soon find out!
 Boba Jim
06-07-2001, 1:18 PM
Won't stop seeker rounds or grenades I would suspect. :)
 CaptainRAVE
06-07-2001, 4:12 PM
I rather doubt it. LOL :)
 CaptainRAVE
06-07-2001, 4:13 PM
Lets hope Kyle can use the force to push grenades and rockets away....that would be soooooooo cool! If he can push a stormtrooper surely he can......Lets hope Raven dont miss that one out!
 ed_silvergun
06-08-2001, 10:20 AM
I hope that it will be possible to guide projectiles after they have been fired, like the rocket launcher in Half Life.
 GonkH8er
06-09-2001, 3:57 AM
or like the UT redeemer? :)

personally, im hoping for no guided weapons...
 ReAcToR
06-09-2001, 7:25 AM
I don't believe that you will be able to block everything that an opponent can throw at you. At least I hope not. If they want to have BALANCE, they won't make the Lightsaber as unbalanced as many of you think that the Concussion Rifle is. Being able to block EVERYTHING, could possibly make the game unbalanced.

I'm hoping that there will be a variety of weapons that will force the person with the Lightsaber to evade using movement, instead of just blocking. Flips and/or jumps could easily be inhibited to allow Lightsaberists to dodge what they can't block.
 CaptainRAVE
06-09-2001, 8:44 AM
The lightsabre would never let anything passed!
 Kettch
06-09-2001, 10:14 AM
Jedi can block all incoming blaster bolts, or have you ever seen Obi-Wan or Qui-Gon missed to block a bolt? They can even protect others with their saber (in EI, it was Queen Amidala in the Naboo Hangar). The lightsaber can't block projectiles, but Jedis are able to use the force to guide such projectiles away from them.
I hope in JKII there will be no automatically block-system, so it depend on the skills of the player, how many blaster-bolts he can block...
 CaptainRAVE
06-09-2001, 10:16 AM
Yeah we should have totall control so then you dont have to blame it on Kyle and his dypers!
 Wilhuf
06-09-2001, 1:01 PM
Actually it would be cool if the lightsaber could block concussion rounds, and return it to sender. Would give the light saber a little more respect against the all-powerful concussion rifle.
 CaptainRAVE
06-09-2001, 1:04 PM
Slightly off the subject...dont u think force ungrip would be cool...lol :D
 StormHammer
06-09-2001, 1:18 PM
Yeah, Wilhuf, I sort of agree - except there has been no word on the conc being in the game as yet.

Congrats on your promotion, BTW. :D

We should be given the choice of a manual system for blocking blaster fire. I've just started playing MotS again, and I noticed the problem again from the very first level. I wade into the Stormies, ready to take them out with a few slices of the saber - and it refuses to do anything, because it's autoblocking all the laser fire, so I wind up dead. Why can't I just choose to take some blaster hits so that I can cut down those troopers? It's annoying.

So, as far as blocking all blaster fire goes - sometimes I don't want to. I like to side step, and get in close with the saber to take out an opponent (where possible).

As for a Force un-grip - I don't see the need. However, I do think you should still be able to use other Force powers while being gripped - like absorb, push etc. And you should still be able to use whatever other ranged weapons are at your disposal to shoot your opponent.
 Darth Oosha
06-11-2001, 1:11 PM
I don't see why you have to balance guns and sabers in multiplayer. Sabers balance with Force powers in Jedi-style games, and guns balance with other guns in non-Jedi games, but mixing them just doesn't work. A concussion rifle and a stun blaster are the the only weapons I can think of that can hit a Jedi, but even then, they can just sense it with the Force and Pull it away. An enormous clone army might kill a Jedi, or a vehicle, or a Phase II Dark Trooper, but that's all.
 Kettch
06-11-2001, 1:31 PM
There is also Force Blinding. Use it to neutralise the grip
 mattpitt
06-11-2001, 8:04 PM
I think we should be ab;e to manually control the blockin of blaster shotds otherwise its crap just loike JKI and Dyper man Kyle!
Page: 1 of 1