Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Q3 Engine = Gore?

Page: 1 of 1
 StreeN
06-07-2001, 10:00 AM
I was just wondering, it wouldn't be Star Wars with the gore... :cool:
 GonkH8er
06-07-2001, 10:03 AM
gore? yes..... to an extent....

enemies will wail and cry when you kill them, and there will be blood, as seen in the video. dismemberment on droids, but not on people...... as far as we know.

not too much gore, but enough :)

thats about it so far....
 Siemcity
06-07-2001, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by GonkH8er:
<STRONG>enemies will wail and cry when you kill them, and there will be blood, as seen in the video. dismemberment on droids, but not on people...... as far as we know.</STRONG>

I'm sorry - which video is this you're referring to? The E3 handycam job? If so, where was the blood in it? If it's a different one, please send me the URL. :cool:
 CaptainRAVE
06-07-2001, 3:19 PM
Raven have officially said there will be no gore. There will be in SOF2. The total extent of the gore will be an arm being chopped of etc.....no blood!
 Bartolo_JCS
06-07-2001, 3:21 PM
hahaha....
 NeJJa
06-07-2001, 8:06 PM
id say the took all the potential gore from JK2 and put it in the SOF series ;)
 Ice Man
06-07-2001, 11:25 PM
I was kinda hoping to be able to slice stormies in half with the lightsaber, but I guess that won't be there. Too bad.
 Rancor
06-07-2001, 11:41 PM
Just because it's Q3 and is using some sort of Ghoul2 technology doesn't mean that gore is such an integral part of the engine that it can't be removed or turned off. Look at the first SoF, they had some kind of violence lock-out. They also sold some version that couldn't even be violence/gore enabled. Anyway, gore doesn't seem to be part of the SW universe. Maybe there will be some super secret cheat we can enter to turn it on if we want to try it out for kicks. ( hint to the devs ) :cool:
 Letalis
06-08-2001, 2:26 AM
When Star Wars was made, and light sabers invented, they had a special function so that when people/aliens/whateva was decapitated/disemboweled/mutilated there was no gore. Explanation: the saber cautirises (did i spell the right?) seals up the wound, kinda like Herculeas killing the hydra, burning the wounds so more heads couldn't regrow. Anyway, cautirising means no blood, similar with blaster bolts, burns the flesh so it doesn't bleed. It's a handy trick as they can be violent and realistic without the blood...
 GonkH8er
06-09-2001, 3:07 AM
Originally posted by CaptainRAVE:
<STRONG>Raven have officially said there will be no gore</STRONG>

could you point me to that statement possibly? because as far as i know, there WAS blood in the e3 video. also confirmed by watchers of the video

Originally stated by Ryan:
<STRONG>As far as the gore is concerned, I didn't notice any limb loss as far as when attacking humans. There is a bit of blood but not gruesome amounts, so don't anticipate on having bloody footprints ala Duke Nukem when stepping over bodies.
</STRONG>

as far as i know, there WILL be blood, but if raven has stated there will be no blood, then point me to this statement and i will gladly take back what i said :)
 Vagabond
06-09-2001, 3:16 AM
Regardless of what has officially been stated, it probably safe to say that, at the very least, there will be severed limbs of some sort. Perhaps bisected bodies, ala Darth Maul, and if we're lucky, severed heads as in the Vader -vs- Luke battle on Dagobah.

Will there be blood? I honestly hope there is some, but if not, then I won't go into depression. However, if there was blood, I might become manic ;)

In any event, it won't be Doom bloody.
 GonkH8er
06-09-2001, 3:29 AM
welcome vag :) bout time u showed up here...

have 5 stars on me..... :)
 Vagabond
06-09-2001, 4:13 AM
Right back at ya, you five-star fool! :)

We just got back from a week-long trip to Florida. Man, that was a nice trip. I could seriously live there.
 CaptainRAVE
06-09-2001, 7:51 AM
Yeah, like when lukes hand was cut off....u didnt see any blood cause it was totally sealed! Still hurts though!
 GonkH8er
06-09-2001, 7:57 AM
what about in the cantina or on hoth?

ur telling me theres no blood when a lightsaber is used? :)
 Kettch
06-09-2001, 9:02 AM
You see the blood evaporate when Obi-Wan cut Darth Maul in 2 half, would be cool, if they made that effect in the game :)
 CaptainRAVE
06-09-2001, 9:12 AM
That would be easily possible for the Quake 3© engine!
 Letalis
06-09-2001, 9:17 AM
GonkH8er<STRONG>what about in the cantina or on hoth?

ur telling me theres no blood when a lightsaber is used?
</STRONG>

I'll blame the Cantina on the speed at which Obi Wan used the saber, as for Hoth, no blood when Han cut the Don Don open, just a bad smell! ;)
 GonkH8er
06-09-2001, 10:04 AM
not the 'taun taun'

when lukes in the cave silly...... he chops its bloody arm off! unless they gush red cordial from their gaping wounds, i'd say its blood :)
 ed_silvergun
06-09-2001, 7:24 PM
Isn't it amazing in that Galaxy far far away, how everyone, regardless of their race, seems to bleed red?
 GonkH8er
06-10-2001, 1:05 AM
oooooh i dunno about that. i'd be thinking that rodians bleed green. but we'll see :)
 CaptainRAVE
06-10-2001, 6:51 AM
Look, there wont be blood in JK2, of course because of the Ghoul 2 system then where you hit them it will take effect like being cut in half etc, but there still wont be any blood. If there was, dont you think a rocket launcher would just splatter the enemy everywhere! Raven cant do that because they will target younger children to!
 CaptainRAVE
06-10-2001, 6:53 AM
Or.....there could be a passworded option to turn it off like in Half Life??JUst an idea. And noone is allowed to say "but SOF2 will", yes it will, but that is aimed at a different audience!
Page: 1 of 1