Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What I don't like....

Page: 1 of 1
 Bruintone
06-02-2001, 10:14 AM
Well, those screenshots are definitely something to look at (it has the same effect as staring at a scantly clad woman), there are definitely a few things I don't like about what I see. First of all, the trail effect of the lightsaber. Reminds me too much of The Phantom Menace game released for the PC and PS. The glowsaber developed by JediNights for the original JK was simply awesome. Realistic to say the least. Even the glow 'effect' needs to be changed. I've read an earlier post to a thread, and I agree; the blue glow should be bouncing off of everything. One more thing, and this has nothing to do with the screenshots, is that I really hope the music isn't as bland as that of JK. As much as I admire John Williams' score on the Star Wars sets, I tire of hearing Luke Skywalker's theme every second level. I really hope diversity finds their way in here. But, I'm still eagerly awaiting the release of this game! WOOHOO! ;)
 Miracleasd
04-23-2002, 1:34 PM
BUUUUMP :D
 sunsetrider
04-23-2002, 1:39 PM
It would be certainly nice if the lightsaber does its namesake and cast some light around, illuminating the dark areas like what Dragon's Teeth did in Deus Ex. And the trailing effect of the lightsaber seems to make it widen its range of effective area but it isn't, it is just a graphical quirk. I don't know, but I find nothing wrong with them since Phantom Menace supposedly has done so. I do agree that I would prefer diversity than make the music score situational. I believe the music for SW was originally made to enjoy it in its entirety, not in bits and snippets...
 LessThanJake
04-23-2002, 2:14 PM
damn,...old post...
informative though
 Kurgan
04-23-2002, 6:51 PM
Dust and cobwebs. : )

Yeah, I never liked the "colored glow" thing, thought it was cheesy, and it wasn't like the original trilogy (white glow from sabers, regardless of color). But that would be nice (to have it able to partially illuminate a room, like in JK).
Page: 1 of 1